D7 R25 2023

Good for them. I don't think there is a D7 program with an enrollment of ~70 high school boys out there could handle the loss of 16 starters and a head coach and be what they were. If I had to bet, I'd say they know what they are up against in the upcoming games, but name me a similar sized school that you could take away a legitimate 15+ starters and wouldn't struggle in a four game stint against teams that lost a combined 2 games last year in the regular season and all are expected to make runs again this year? A 4 or 5 win season would be impressive given the situation. People love to hate on Warren JFK but the more I see and read, they will be back.

Don't disagree with anything you said, but I'd also flip that to say you'd be hard pressed to find another similar sized school that could/would lose 15+ starters in a year. It is what it is, but someone made it that way...
100% agree. I will fully admit other than the "he said, she said" heresay, I have no knowledge of what went down or why. I will say that it seems from what I have been told, some kids wished they would have stayed till it all shook out, but again that's hearsay and rumor. Regardless, JFK is gonna struggle, it's a shame a great program was torn down and is starting over but from the outside looking in, it appears they have some kids that want to work and I have heard good things regarding the new coach.

I imagine that the “we’re going to do it the right way” soundbite, which isn’t something coaches usually say to the media and given the general circumstances that the coach is taking over (defections, replacing a coach that just took them to Canton last December) lends heavily to innuendo, was something that shouldn’t have been said publicly.

“Shouldn’t have been said publicly” as in it would piss people off.

100% agree. I will fully admit other than the "he said, she said" heresay, I have no knowledge of what went down or why. I will say that it seems from what I have been told, some kids wished they would have stayed till it all shook out, but again that's hearsay and rumor. Regardless, JFK is gonna struggle, it's a shame a great program was torn down and is starting over but from the outside looking in, it appears they have some kids that want to work and I have heard good things regarding the new coach.
These 2 statements are 5 run homers for me. It is a shame when something great gets torn apart especially because the ones that get hurt are the kids!

The ability of adults to screw up kids in the name of making things better will never cease to amaze me . . .

I imagine that the “we’re going to do it the right way” soundbite, which isn’t something coaches usually say to the media and given the general circumstances that the coach is taking over (defections, replacing a coach that just took them to Canton last December) lends heavily to innuendo, was something that shouldn’t have been said publicly.

“Shouldn’t have been said publicly” as in it would piss people off.
‘Winning the right way’ isn’t a novel concept at JFK, the greats like Napolet and Zolciak set that standard. They were about creating student athletes that were leaders on and off the field. This alum and parent of current students loves to hear it, and wish him success (and will offer support). If people question ‘wanting to do it the right way’ that’s a them problem.

Why are we not discussing this hillsdale lucas hame more?!!
I'm with you. Tough game to pick, should be a great one on the field. Last year was a 1 point game - I think some people expected Hillsdale to take at least a lateral step, if not a step back, and everyone thought Lucas would take a step forward. But here we are after week one and it looks like we're going to have another one come down to the wire. 28-21 Hillsdale. Home field advantage and Toms out for Lucas....

If it wasn't so darn far away for me, I'd love to see this one live. Dalton is off....Northwest is on the road (and stinks)...I'm probably going to be sitting on my couch this Friday...😒

Are there any Hillsdale posters on here? I don't know of any.
falcon GIF

I'll still claim them lol.....I am after all just a casual fan....

Big surprise, you picking up a new team! jk.

OH Report is streaming the game.
I was waiting for that LOL - when my Bulldogs bumped to D6 last year, I was an honorary falcon just to have a rooting interest in R25!

And good looking out on the stream! Do you know what platform they stream on?

‘Winning the right way’ isn’t a novel concept at JFK, the greats like Napolet and Zolciak set that standard. They were about creating student athletes that were leaders on and off the field. This alum and parent of current students loves to hear it, and wish him success (and will offer support). If people question ‘wanting to do it the right way’ that’s a them problem.
Doing it the right way to me means doing it with the kids who want to be there. I will take 30 kids who really show the pride and want to build something over bigger numbers if many of those kids aren't fully in, for whatever reasons they, or their parents may have. I can still remember the words of coach Nap from over 50 years ago when he was building the winning tradition in the early 70s....he used to say if you aren't sure you want to be here, then you shouldn't be. That still rings true today.