2023 Football

It looks like it affects the LaSalle, Ignatius, and both Indiana games. If you could work out getting more tickets and maybe some other ways to bring in money (percent of home sales, some of the concessions, just thinking out loud), what about an all away schedule? The stadiums should be available and I’m sure those schools would entertain it. Maybe for the Ignatius game they meet in Columbus like they used to. No home games, but do they ever truly have a “home game”? Playing at Norwood is no more of an advantage to Moeller as it is to the other team. The streaming of games is a great idea, but there is just something different when you’re there in person at a high school game. Can’t remember exactly, but I thought someone posted Mt. St. Joe’s only seats 1300-1500. If each player get 4 tickets, cheerleaders and band get their family allotment, faculty gets theirs.,,,,there’s not going to be a lot left.

1800 is what is listed. Not a lot.

Play the games on campus and erect a few temporary seats. Limit the attendance if you must. Broadcast the games online using a decent broadcast crew and charge a subscription fee. Play the X game at a bigger venue. GBM 💪 🏈
Ok Birdog, how’s this idea? They saved money by going to MSJ, right? Facilities look nice online (thanks Vincent and Regina for the links and info). I say hire Thom Brennaman as their play-by-play guy and stream all games. Take a Moe student and the MND student from last season (if she hasn’t graduated) to work with Thom for sideline reporting during the game and post game. Those 2 students get great experience and exposure in broadcast and the fans can watch a nice broadcast. Thom wants work and he absolutely deserves it.

With the purchase of each student ticket, they can receive a free bus ride over. Have buses available (for a small fee) for others wanting to attend. The only game I see tickets being an issue will be La Salle. The 2 Indiana teams and St I will not bring a lot. The St X game is in Dayton.

Ok Birdog, how’s this idea? They saved money by going to MSJ, right? Facilities look nice online (thanks Vincent and Regina for the links and info). I say hire Thom Brennaman as their play-by-play guy and stream all games. Take a Moe student and the MND student from last season (if she hasn’t graduated) to work with Thom for sideline reporting during the game and post game. Those 2 students get great experience and exposure in broadcast and the fans can watch a nice broadcast. Thom wants work and he absolutely deserves it.

With the purchase of each student ticket, they can receive a free bus ride over. Have buses available (for a small fee) for others wanting to attend. The only game I see tickets being an issue will be La Salle. The 2 Indiana teams and St I will not bring a lot. The St X game is in Dayton.
I have no problem with your idea. The student section can be bussed along with fans who want to attend the game. They can meet at the Moeller parking lot. A good online broadcasting crew with insights to the high school game and sideline reporters would be great. Stay at home fans would purchase a subscription to watch online. Anything you can do to prevent fans from having to navigate to Delhi on their own on a Friday night during rush hour would be a plus. I would have to assume plans are underway to broadcast the home games anyway, but an advertising campaign announcing a quality broadcast crew would go a long way to motivate fans to purchase a subscription. GBM 💪 🏈

I have to disagree with both of you. I like seeing the game in person. I love walking around and running into people I haven't seen in awhile. If you are sitting at home, that isn't going to happen. A good online team is good, but nothing is like seeing it in person.

I understand Moeller to MSJ is a drive especially on a Friday Night, but the memories you make are worth it.

I have to disagree with both of you. I like seeing the game in person. I love walking around and running into people I haven't seen in awhile. If you are sitting at home, that isn't going to happen. A good online team is good, but nothing is like seeing it in person.

I understand Moeller to MSJ is a drive especially on a Friday Night, but the memories you make are worth it.
My vote is definitely in person as well. But Moeller will lose fans, alum and students who want to go but can’t or won’t make that drive due to this decision.

I like MSJ's stadium. It's not big, but it's kind of tucked back with some trees surrounding it. It will never mimic a GCL atmosphere crowd, but it's a nice place.

It would be nice if the Moe faithful could come around 3pm and make a half day of it, but unfortunately, Delhi Pike isn't really a destination for pre-game activities. You could find a couple places (Wild Mikes, Wishbone), but both are in outdated strip malls. It's not too sexy, but there isn't much on the westside that is.

Honestly may not be a bad idea to stop downtown for a bite to eat and then head to the game (probably only about 15 minutes from MSJ campus).

Moeller is really playing their home games at MSJ? How far have they fallen with their stadium issues. Seating capacity of 1800 and stands on only one side of the field. How embarrassing for Moeller. Why not just beg your big brothers at StX, Elder, and Lasalle to use their fields? StX might let them use their back field where the track is located. Or better yet Moeller could beg their little brother at Fenwick to use their new turf field. What an absolute disaster. Why even have home games if it is an hour bus ride to your home field on Fridays because that is how long it will take to get to MSJ.

This stadium issue is a complete disaster. What an embarrassment for the administration. Misappropriated land usage & decision making. It all starts at the top.
This right here. I just want to know why it was never in the plans for the BAC and what then is/has been the long term plan for a stadium. A 30 acre land donation and $8+ million in surplus from the recently completed capital campaign seems like the perfect position to be in to finally build one...what else could they possibly be waiting for?

It does stink for the kids and parents at Moe, especially knowing there's likely not going to be alot of people making the trip outside of parents and die-hards. I hope the students make the trip to support their buddies.

I would assume this would also be their host site for the playoffs? It's a shame because they're going to be very good. Living on the westside, I'd be tempted to check them out a week or two, especially to see Marshall in person.

This right here. I just want to know why it was never in the plans for the BAC and what then is/has been the long term plan for a stadium. A 30 acre land donation and $8+ million in surplus from the recently completed capital campaign seems like the perfect position to be in to finally build one...what else could they possibly be waiting for?

The project is way more than 8 million (and there is no 8 million surplus) It takes time to raise that kind of money. The project in in motion, but it is going to take a few more years for it to become a reality (unfortunately). Hopefully this year is the only year for MSJ, and Moe can come to some kind of compromise with another facility for the next few years, until they finally have their own stadium. Moeller fans are going to have to be patient.

The project is way more than 8 million (and there is no 8 million surplus) It takes time to raise that kind of money. The project in in motion, but it is going to take a few more years for it to become a reality (unfortunately). Hopefully this year is the only year for MSJ, and Moe can come to some kind of compromise with another facility for the next few years, until they finally have their own stadium. Moeller fans are going to have to be patient.
There was an $8.4 million surplus two years ago when the Raise the Shield Campaign ended. Moeller published the results early August 2021 in a document where on pages 3 & 4 they highlighted the amount raised over the campaign projects' budget. I don't doubt that since then, some of those projects went over budget so there is no longer an $8 million surplus today, but yes at that time they had enough donated land and more than a reasonable startup fund toward a stadium project (Stargel was just built for $10 million as a relative comparison).

Statements like 'Moeller fans are going to have to be patient' don't carry much weight when no one can argue that fans, and really the students themselves, have been just that, especially so in the past 4yrs while they've traveled to 4 different 'home' stadiums while Moeller sat on land without any mention of building a true home stadium.

There was an $8.4 million surplus two years ago when the Raise the Shield Campaign ended. Moeller published the results early August 2021 in a document where on pages 3 & 4 they highlighted the amount raised over the campaign projects' budget. I don't doubt that since then, some of those projects went over budget so there is no longer an $8 million surplus today, but yes at that time they had enough donated land and more than a reasonable startup fund toward a stadium project (Stargel was just built for $10 million as a relative comparison).

Statements like 'Moeller fans are going to have to be patient' don't carry much weight when no one can argue that fans, and really the students themselves, have been just that, especially so in the past 4yrs while they've traveled to 4 different 'home' stadiums while Moeller sat on land without any mention of building a true home stadium.

I'm as frustrated as you are about the stadium situation. I'm just updating what I know about the project moving forward. To complete the stadium, it's going to cost more than Moeller has in their endowment. It's a lot of money and a huge undertaking for many different reasons. Not sure why that is so hard for you to grasp? I can tell you, if you want the stadium completed quickly, you can help by writing Moeller a very large, multi 7 figure check.

As far as the campaign goes, all of the money that has been committed, typically is over a period of years from people/company's that donate. All of the money did not come in in one lump sum.

The Blue Ash stadium idea says they have zero intention of building a football stadium where their baseball ‘field’ is located. And now that idea is not looking good.

Leader will not spend the fee for field rental this year. Spoke with employees at 2 public schools who said it was offered but Moeller said no. Another bad decision. Like the one that now is public with former employees.

Moeller is really playing their home games at MSJ? How far have they fallen with their stadium issues. Seating capacity of 1800 and stands on only one side of the field. How embarrassing for Moeller. Why not just beg your big brothers at StX, Elder, and Lasalle to use their fields? StX might let them use their back field where the track is located. Or better yet Moeller could beg their little brother at Fenwick to use their new turf field. What an absolute disaster. Why even have home games if it is an hour bus ride to your home field on Fridays because that is how long it will take to get to MSJ.
Bullseye. Having students at a football game is part of a high school experience, especially at Moeller. What a shame!

The Blue Ash stadium idea says they have zero intention of building a football stadium where their baseball ‘field’ is located. And now that idea is not looking good.

Leader will not spend the fee for field rental this year. Spoke with employees at 2 public schools who said it was offered but Moeller said no. Another bad decision. Like the one that now is public with former employees.
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...😉

I'm as frustrated as you are about the stadium situation. I'm just updating what I know about the project moving forward. To complete the stadium, it's going to cost more than Moeller has in their endowment. It's a lot of money and a huge undertaking for many different reasons. Not sure why that is so hard for you to grasp? I can tell you, if you want the stadium completed quickly, you can help by writing Moeller a very large, multi 7 figure check.

As far as the campaign goes, all of the money that has been committed, typically is over a period of years from people/company's that donate. All of the money did not come in in one lump sum.
I understand fundraising campaigns (and why people use passive aggressive statements like "then pay for it yourself") very well actually. Its not wrong for the community to ask for more transparency from Moeller about plans for a stadium, it was the elephant in the room during that campaign and breaking ground on the new athletic complex, and will continue to be during the revolving door of 'home' game locations. There is no upside to continuing to dance around rather than addressing the long term plan but I'll leave it at that.

Thats sad if true as im sure those public schools are a lot closer and probably provide a better atmosphere

OK which schools?
I said I personally spoke with the schools, that’s a fact. Their a$king price was too high for Moeller. Go check your source. I will not be dumb enough to give the schools and their respective employees. Might as well give my real identity huh?
The everything is great with leadership at the school is not a hill to die on right now.
5 football coaches, 5 home fields, 4 ADs, 3 strength coaches, 2 principals, 2 very public lawsuits involving employees, and numerous teachers gone. The excuses are endless. Just like why they are playing at Mount this season.

I said I personally spoke with the schools, that’s a fact. Their a$king price was too high for Moeller. Go check your source. I will not be dumb enough to give the schools and their respective employees. Might as well give my real identity huh?
The everything is great with leadership at the school is not a hill to die on right now.
5 football coaches, 5 home fields, 4 ADs, 3 strength coaches, 2 principals, 2 very public lawsuits involving employees, and numerous teachers gone. The excuses are endless. Just like why they are playing at Mount this season.
Perhaps true. Perhaps not. Probably irrelevant now. But let’s stay on course for the season.

Anyone see the 7 v 7? I heard they fared well.

5 football coaches, 5 home fields, 4 ADs, 3 strength coaches, 2 principals, 2 very public lawsuits involving employees, and numerous teachers gone. The excuses are endless. Just like why they are playing at Mount this sea

OK I get it. You had secret conversations with school officials at two different schools. The schools can't be disclosed because talking about renting facilities is forbidden (except with you) lol. You are obviously making this up. For what reason I have no idea.

OK I get it. You had secret conversations with school officials at two different schools. The schools can't be disclosed because talking about renting facilities is forbidden (except with you) lol. You are obviously making this up. For what reason I have no idea.
Aint't no secret. Moeller did not want to pay asking price. So here we are. Another questionable decision made by leader. I'm willing to bet this one results in a similar way as the others.

I will assume you are NOT a fan of Moeller with content of your public posts in a chat room.