JFK's coach steps down ?

I was at banquet too. Kids didn’t get text until yesterday as I got the message for my kid cause coach sent to wrong number. He was praising AD and relationship at banquet. Throwing Athletic Trainer under bus. Guess we all see or hear things differently.
what would the coach throw the trainer under the bus for?

2019 - 47
2020 - 39
2021 - 31
2022 - 38
2023 - 29 seniors
Fair. I was going off of what the ODE has as their current class sizes.

A180C431-ADF0-4FC8-AA2A-A1CACD02FCE3.jpeg

JFK has survived in past (Kicked out of MVC, etc), coaching changes and will be just fine. Any community would kill to do what they have accomplished over the years.

IMO, I think Matt Richardson would be a fine replacement for this position.
He would be a great replacement but they better come up with a sweetheart deal like they gave Bayuk, he’s making a nice buck at Hoban and would stay at Solon as a teacher and he wouldn’t put up with the administration’s bs

He would be a great replacement but they better come up with a sweetheart deal like they gave Bayuk, he’s making a nice buck at Hoban and would stay at Solon as a teacher and he wouldn’t put up with the administration’s bs
Can you provide the future candidate pool of any examples of the administration’s bs?

There’s gonna be a long list of applicants, I don’t know if they opened the job up yet, but sooner a coach is picked the better

Players grade suck overall, his mouth towards players, no accountability within team plus a few other details. From what o heard.
No accountability within the team? What does that even mean? His team made it to state 2/3 years. His "mouth towards players" is also incredibly soft, and most likely a strawman, considering the overwhelming support he's seemed to have gotten from former players and parents over the last few days. There has to be more than this explanation.

Players grade suck overall, his mouth towards players, no accountability within team plus a few other details. From what o heard.
They have had study table. If your kids grades suck maybe you should take accountability instead of the football coach. Accountability? Lol. Sounds like you aren’t happy. Leave.

They have had study table. If your kids grades suck maybe you should take accountability instead of the football coach. Accountability? Lol. Sounds like you aren’t happy. Leave.
Exactly! Notice how there is a bunch of "new members" that have an awful lot to say now? These people are the reason why coaches get fed up.

Study table was available. Tutors are available. If your kids grades suck then it's on you and your kid. Kennedy is a tough school academically. If you kid doesn't want to do the work then it probably isn't the place for them.

Pro is old school, doesn't sugar coat or coddle. If your kid can't handle being told the truth then maybe sports isn't for them.

To many parents these days don't teach accountability to their kids. When the kids encounter people who want to hold them accountable, they crumble. Those types of kids can't hack a place like Kennedy and that is exactly why a place like Kennedy has been successful. They demand accountability.

Leave! That’s a good one. There to win but not going to church things up to make coach look like a saint. Stating what I seen and heard. No comment on injury part? My kids grades don’t suck, but so only thing to win and not help grades? Then study tables didn’t get serious until they had to. Enough D riding please
You’re just here for the trouble. Guessing your kids in the freshman, sophomore class. Pro has been great everywhere he’s been for 30 years. Only people who have ever had an issue with him are from those 2 classes. I’ll go to study table so I can do that math.

Leave! That’s a good one. There to win but not going to church things up to make coach look like a saint. Stating what I seen and heard. No comment on injury part? My kids grades don’t suck, but so only thing to win and not help grades? Then study tables didn’t get serious until they had to. Enough D riding please
Its kind of difficult to decipher what you are saying but this is what it seems like.

1. The kids grades are the coaches responsibility and the coach should get the kid passed.

2. Coaches shouldn't inquire as to when a kid will be cleared from injury so that they can contribute to the team.

Is that what you are saying?

I have no dog in this fight, but I have found the answer as to why Prologo left: he had to deal with parents like Slap330. There cant be any other reason. Dont blame Prologo at all
That is exactly it. Administration has no backbone and lets idiots like this go on and on. There you have it.

Also not saying kids should be passed but education is part of coaching responsibility.
Most coaches do stress academics, but it is not all on them. They can only do so much. Parents have to be responsible for their kids education.

Alternative Scenario-Pro decides to get tough on grades and benches 4 or 5 starters until their grades approve, how many parents would be beating down the Admin's door to get him fired? You can say no one would do that, but you would be lying to yourself.

Don’t think this is too hard to figure out. Coach had a lot of success and wanted to do it his way and there were enough parents and administrators providing negative input that he felt unappreciated and stepped away. Very common issue, especially at a place where families pay tuition, want lots of input and think they know what they are talking about. I don’t think Coach is a teacher so he might not be interested in dealing with these type of issues that are pretty common in schools. Kennedy has lots of appeal but it’s not as good of a job as it was 3, 5 or even 10 years ago. As long as the schools around it struggle (wgh, Niles, Howland, labrae, champion, nf, etc) you will always be able to get some kids though.

What I’m saying is what I’ve heard and seen somewhat. I haven’t bashed Pro. Y’all ask I’m answering. If you don’t like my answer then don’t respond. Not trying to start just sharing my info like the rest. As far as my kid, this has nothing to do with him so you can kiss my as in that one. Also not saying kids should be passed but education is part of coaching responsibility. Heard was wanting kids to get sent to different Dr to get cleared faster. Y’all who are whining aren’t coming with any info just, getting mad at what you don’t like to see.
Those of us responding have been there much longer and are way more invested. We have been there through state championships and losing seasons. Our kids have been part of all of it. "Hearing and seeing somewhat" doesn't cut it. Prologo's track record speaks for itself. Should a coach be concerned about grades? Absolutely. He coached the last 2 valedictorians, 2 kids that got accepted into West Point and the Air Force Academy, and numerous kids that have 4.0-4.5 GPAs. If a kid is doing poorly it falls on the kid, period.

Also, I don't think wanting a kid to get back to playing sooner is the indictment that you think it is. Kennedy didn't have many serious injuries this season, outside of a broken collar bone. As a matter of fact the staff held the star tailback out of the last few reg season games out of caution so he could be available for the playoff run.

Those of us responding have been there much longer and are way more invested. We have been there through state championships and losing seasons. Our kids have been part of all of it. "Hearing and seeing somewhat" doesn't cut it. Prologo's track record speaks for itself. Should a coach be concerned about grades? Absolutely. He coached the last 2 valedictorians, 2 kids that got accepted into West Point and the Air Force Academy, and numerous kids that have 4.0-4.5 GPAs. If a kid is doing poorly it falls on the kid, period.

Also, I don't think wanting a kid to get back to playing sooner is the indictment that you think it is. Kennedy didn't have many serious injuries this season, outside of a broken collar bone. As a matter of fact the staff held the star tailback out of the last few reg season games out of caution so he could be available for the playoff run.
Those are facts Jaws, but what’s important is what are you hearing through multiple people? Lol

That is exactly it. Administration has no backbone and lets idiots like this go on and on. There you have it.
Sort of thought things had changed with this administration it has been stable since they took over but starting to sound like it’s the same old same old at JFK the prior administration for the past 30 years always catered to the parents and threw the coaches under the bus, except for Nappy who they were afraid to piss off. Really a shame because all sports are in a good place, some people just think they know everything and should stay in there lane and that’s not about the parents it’s the higher up

Sort of thought things had changed with this administration it has been stable since they took over but starting to sound like it’s the same old same old at JFK the prior administration for the past 30 years always catered to the parents and threw the coaches under the bus, except for Nappy who they were afraid to piss off. Really a shame because all sports are in a good place, some people just think they know everything and should stay in there lane and that’s not about the parents it’s the higher up
Agreed. It has been very stable the last 8 years because there were so many legacy families. Here for more than stats. Parents that told their kid to get better if they didn’t like their playing time. This cut the admin out of the program. Now parents want the coach fired because their kid isn’t ready yet.

Again, where are you hearing info? Why take something so personal when I said I don’t even have issue. Thought that was what this message board was for. I want to win there like you do. No need to keep being a twat
Well I am mad. Small group trying to get theirs instead of being part of a team. Saying you’re hearing this and that is backhand slapping the program. Comments about the trainer make assumptions that he was trying to play injured players.

I hate to see stuff like this at a school like JFK. Too many Catholic schools have closed over the past couple decades. I really hope JFK gets an enrollment bump that keeps them going. A struggling community like Warren needs it.

Agreed. It has been very stable the last 8 years because there were so many legacy families. Here for more than stats. Parents that told their kid to get better if they didn’t like their playing time. This cut the admin out of the program. Now parents want the coach fired because their kid isn’t ready yet.
I've heard this is also an issue at a fairly prominent catholic school in Licking County who JFK has played the past 3 years. The old guard vs. new money.