Northwest Ohio Realignment

I'd go even tighter than that...this all ends up with how LB is handled. Do they become team #12 in the NLL by default and necessity for a home? Does the NBC decide to make a play for 10 and bring LB and Elmwood in? I don't think LB has any desire to remain independent, so they're going to have to figure something out one way or another here soon.
I just don't see NBC wanting to expand the geographical size of their league for LB. Small division of NLL seems like there only option at this point. WBL is their best fit but no opening and no sign that there will be an opening in the foreseeable future.

Why do you think that? Nearly every school is under 45 minutes away. Would be middle to higher in most boys sports and near the top in most girls sports.
1 hour to Celina,
1 hour to Defiance
45 minutes to Elida
40 minutes to Kenton
45 minutes to Shawnee
1 hour to St. Mary's
1 hour Van Wert
50 minutes to Wapak
Shortest 2 trips are 30 minutes each to Bath and OG... No it doesn't fit geographically.

Girls sports might be towards the top of the league, but that's not a guarantee every year. Boys sports at LB would change drastically if they were in the WBL. A good year in football would eventually mean getting more than 6 wins. They're in the middle their best boys basketball season since Aaron Craft walked their halls and Defiance just absolutely rolled them 65-31 on Saturday. They would go from a standard where a 7-3 football season was a disappointing year to a league where 7-3 might be their best case scenario, and I don't think LB people would like that very much.

1 hour to Celina,
1 hour to Defiance
45 minutes to Elida
40 minutes to Kenton
45 minutes to Shawnee
1 hour to St. Mary's
1 hour Van Wert
50 minutes to Wapak
Shortest 2 trips are 30 minutes each to Bath and OG... No it doesn't fit geographically.

Girls sports might be towards the top of the league, but that's not a guarantee every year. Boys sports at LB would change drastically if they were in the WBL. A good year in football would eventually mean getting more than 6 wins. They're in the middle their best boys basketball season since Aaron Craft walked their halls and Defiance just absolutely rolled them 65-31 on Saturday. They would go from a standard where a 7-3 football season was a disappointing year to a league where 7-3 might be their best case scenario, and I don't think LB people would like that very much.
You are not really disputing what I said. The WBL is far from a compact league and have more than half the school being less than 45 and none over an hour it likely would be the only school that isn't more than a hour away from any other schools. It certainly is a better geographical fit than Defiance and Kenton.

Sure LB would lose a ton more games in all sport as expected going from the by far the biggest to one of the smallest school in a league but doubt they would finish in the bottom 3 very often and would perform better overall than Kenton, Bath and Elida(?). The best argument that they don't fit is that don't offer either Tennis sport, swimming and bowling.

But as I said there is no opening and will not be one in the foreseeable future so for that reason the WBL is not a good fit/option.

For discussion sake as we need a few more pages on the thread if a school did leave the WBL who do you think is the best fit to join the league. Lima Sr is not it. ;)

1 hour to Celina,
1 hour to Defiance
45 minutes to Elida
40 minutes to Kenton
45 minutes to Shawnee
1 hour to St. Mary's
1 hour Van Wert
50 minutes to Wapak

Read my lips, the WBL will remain as is.

You are not really disputing what I said. The WBL is far from a compact league and have more than half the school being less than 45 and none over an hour it likely would be the only school that isn't more than a hour away from any other schools. It certainly is a better geographical fit than Defiance and Kenton.

Sure LB would lose a ton more games in all sport as expected going from the by far the biggest to one of the smallest school in a league but doubt they would finish in the bottom 3 very often and would perform better overall than Kenton, Bath and Elida(?). The best argument that they don't fit is that don't offer either Tennis sport, swimming and bowling.

But as I said there is no opening and will not be one in the foreseeable future so for that reason the WBL is not a good fit/option.

For discussion sake as we need a few more pages on the thread if a school did leave the WBL who do you think is the best fit to join the league. Lima Sr is not it. ;)

If theoretically someone left the WBL. Say the NLL finally throws a last ditch, all out effort at Defiance and lands them this time. The best fit for the WBL is.....nobody.

LCC is too small. Lima Senior has the wrong demographics. Everyone else just takes the current travel issues and makes them worse. What the WBL does if someone leaves is starts nudging another out the door to get to 8. Not kick them out, mind you, but slowly make it obvious they're not wanted. Whether that's Kenton for travel purposes or nudging Bath and the NWC to try to figure something out, that's the only move that would make sense for the WBL.

Liberty-Benton aint it.

If theoretically someone left the WBL. Say the NLL finally throws a last ditch, all out effort at Defiance and lands them this time. The best fit for the WBL is.....nobody.

LCC is too small. Lima Senior has the wrong demographics. Everyone else just takes the current travel issues and makes them worse. What the WBL does if someone leaves is starts nudging another out the door to get to 8. Not kick them out, mind you, but slowly make it obvious they're not wanted. Whether that's Kenton for travel purposes or nudging Bath and the NWC to try to figure something out, that's the only move that would make sense for the WBL.

Liberty-Benton aint it.
Meanwhile Liberty Benton outside of the NBC Comissioner's house

Eric Andre Glasses GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

1 hour to Celina,
1 hour to Defiance
45 minutes to Elida
40 minutes to Kenton
45 minutes to Shawnee
1 hour to St. Mary's
1 hour Van Wert
50 minutes to Wapak

It's about 20 minutes to OG :) LB's boys team is no where near one of their top teams. Their schedule is awful and it's a down year for 80% of the teams on their schedule. The Defiance game wasn't a surprise. If LB played Defiance or OG's schedules this year they would be .500-ish. LB is growing....their girls are D2, which would put them bigger than 4 of the WBL girls teams. They wouldn't be an awful fit for the WBL, but I'm not sure they would take it if they were offered. They seem to like being a big fish in a small pond lol

Last edited:
No one disagrees with this. Their problem is they are being kicked out of the small pond and no other small pond will even think about letting them in so they will be forced to jump into a big pond.
Kind of wonder if they'll fall into an LCC-type situation for awhile and stay independent. There are plenty of smaller schools that will still play them if it's a non-conference game and they can pick and choose some bigger / winnable games to fill out their schedules. Good facilities and good crowds. They will be able to find teams to play them without much trouble. Just not sure they would be happy in a league like the WBL where they aren't going to win the title in ever sport every year

Liberty-Benton aint it.
What's that mean?

But I literally am disputing exactly what you said. You said “Nearly every school is under 45 minutes away” which is clearly not at all true, and you said “would be middle to higher in boys sports” which I don’t think is true. I think their ceiling in boys sports is slightly better than average in the WBL across the board, and I don’t think LB people would like that or put up with it for long.

But I literally am disputing exactly what you said. You said “Nearly every school is under 45 minutes away” which is clearly not at all true, and you said “would be middle to higher in boys sports” which I don’t think is true. I think their ceiling in boys sports is slightly better than average in the WBL across the board, and I don’t think LB people would like that or put up with it for long.
As an outsider looking in, here's what I'm seeing.

He literally posted
"The WBL is far from a compact league and have more than half the school being less than 45 and none over an hour it likely would be the only school that isn't more than a hour away from any other schools.

and you literally posted
time-distance to every school that confirmed the max he wrote and then proceeded to mis-quote him. Then you used an outlier Defiance boy's bball as a reason LB wouldn't fit competitively, "Defiance just absolutely rolled them 65-31 on Saturday" something Defiance has and will do to several WBL schools.

Instead of arguing why LB isn't a fit, maybe argue why you don't want them? That seems more clearly the case here.

As an outsider looking in, here's what I'm seeing.

He literally posted
"The WBL is far from a compact league and have more than half the school being less than 45 and none over an hour it likely would be the only school that isn't more than a hour away from any other schools.

and you literally posted
time-distance to every school that confirmed the max he wrote and then proceeded to mis-quote him. Then you used an outlier Defiance boy's bball as a reason LB wouldn't fit competitively, "Defiance just absolutely rolled them 65-31 on Saturday" something Defiance has and will do to several WBL schools.

Instead of arguing why LB isn't a fit, maybe argue why you don't want them? That seems more clearly the case here.
Reading is hard. Look at his post that I initially quoted.

"Why do you think that? Nearly every school is under 45 minutes away. Would be middle to higher in most boys sports and near the top in most girls sports."

I pointed out that he was wrong on timing, I don't think LB boys would be middle to higher in most boys sports, and I don't think LB people would be okay with them not being towards the top of their league in boys sports. Not sure why any of that is remotely controversial :unsure:

Last edited:
What's that mean?

NLL still needs a 12th. Defiance was one of the most rumored teams from the start to be taking a spot in either a 12 (minus Maumee) or 16 team setup. We absolutely aren't in any rush to leave the WBL, but from the NLL's standpoint, with us being between BG and Napoleon in size and 4 lane 24 all the way out here, we'd still have to make as much sense as anyone for that spot I'd imagine.

So say the NLL realizes no other option exists and offers us a deal we can't refuse......

NLL still needs a 12th. Defiance was one of the most rumored teams from the start to be taking a spot in either a 12 (minus Maumee) or 16 team setup. We absolutely aren't in any rush to leave the WBL, but from the NLL's standpoint, with us being between BG and Napoleon in size and 4 lane 24 all the way out here, we'd still have to make as much sense as anyone for that spot I'd imagine.

So say the NLL realizes no other option exists and offers us a deal we can't refuse......
Yeah I know all that.

What could the NLL possibly offer, cash, a better TV package?

Reading is hard. Look at his post that I initially quoted.

"Why do you think that? Nearly every school is under 45 minutes away. Would be middle to higher in most boys sports and near the top in most girls sports."

I pointed out that he was wrong on timing, I don't think LB boys would be middle to higher in most boys sports, and I don't think LB people would be okay with them not being towards the top of their league in boys sports. Not sure why any of that is remotely controversial :unsure:
You're right, I had read his follow up saying 45min to an hour.

Liberty-Benton aint it.
Wrong demographics? yeesh..... Are you referring to what gets whispered by others? Or agreeing with the reasoning of what gets whispered?