Northwest Ohio Realignment

You don't need Buckeye Cable to get BCSN. You need internet and some app and some $. Bit expensive but I'd bet that cost will come down if they're making agreements like this NLL thing.
True.

I wouldn't think that would be a reason for Defiance to leave the WBL and join the NLL.

Maybe it is though.

But I literally am disputing exactly what you said. You said “Nearly every school is under 45 minutes away” which is clearly not at all true, and you said “would be middle to higher in boys sports” which I don’t think is true. I think their ceiling in boys sports is slightly better than average in the WBL across the board, and I don’t think LB people would like that or put up with it for long.
I guess to me "middle to higher in boys sports" means nearly the exact same thing "as slightly better than average".

I will give you I said nearly all are under 45 minutes when it is only 5 out of 10 (one 50 minutes). So I was off by a couple schools. But I believe every current school has over an hour trip to at least 1 current WBL school and LB would not.

I never said LB would be happy being in WBL or middle of pack but they are in for a rude awakening to whatever league they join as there will no longer be any Vanlue's and Arcadia's. They will only be happy if they can continue to beat up on much smaller schools than them but soon they will not have that option.

I guess to me "middle to higher in boys sports" means nearly the exact same thing "as slightly better than average".

I will give you I said nearly all are under 45 minutes when it is only 5 out of 10 (one 50 minutes). So I was off by a couple schools. But I believe every current school has over an hour trip to at least 1 current WBL school and LB would not.

According to Mapquest:

OG's longest trip is 58 miles to Celina
LB would be 66 to Celina (the second longest travel distance in the league)
Celina to Defiance is 61
Kenton to Defiance is 74 (longest trip in the league)

Neither Elida, Shawnee or Bath has any trip over 50 miles.

According to Mapquest:

OG's longest trip is 58 miles to Celina
LB would be 66 to Celina (the second longest travel distance in the league)
Celina to Defiance is 61
Kenton to Defiance is 74 (longest trip in the league)

Neither Elida, Shawnee or Bath has any trip over 50 miles.
Millage is a terrible way to compare travel when one of them is mostly on I 75 verses one mostly on 127 or roads like that.

Just for giggles, who wants the 12th to be in NLL?

Defiance?

Tiffin Columbian?

Sandusky?

Defiance and Tiffin have long been the targets, and I know a few of the people involved really would love to have TC in the league, but as chs has said, it isn't really an improvement right now.

Right now is the operative part though...if the SBC doesn't button things up, it could become a much easier pitch.

Just for giggles, who wants the 12th to be in NLL?

Defiance?

Tiffin Columbian?

Sandusky?
Defiance? Maybe. They have an ages-old rivalry with Napoleon. Not sure that is enough.
Sandusky? Maybe. The Blue Streaks have played Springfield recently, and they take on Clay this year. Coincidence?
Columbian? Maybe. They've also played Springfield recently.

In my opinion, if it were to be any of them, it would be Columbian. Tiffin is close to Fremont, and close enough to BG. But again, that's just my opinion.

Defiance? Maybe. They have an ages-old rivalry with Napoleon. Not sure that is enough.
Sandusky? Maybe. The Blue Streaks have played Springfield recently, and they take on Clay this year. Coincidence?
Columbian? Maybe. They've also played Springfield recently.

In my opinion, if it were to be any of them, it would be Columbian. Tiffin is close to Fremont, and close enough to BG. But again, that's just my opinion.
Isn't Columbian the 2nd largest school in the SBC? They would be the 2nd smallest in the NLL.

Columbian to Sandusky HS, Perkins, or Norwalk is about 35 miles. Clyde & Bellevue are closer.

Columbian to Ross is only about 20 miles. The next closest small division NLL school is BG at 42 miles. The farthest, Napoleon, is 70. A cross-over game with Findlay would only be 28 miles though, a school almost twice their size.

More seasons than not Sandusky played at least one Toledo team, usually two with one season seeing them play three TPS schools. Whether they would consider the NLL is anyone's guess. At present travel is not an issue so there's not much incentive to poke their nose into other league possibilities. I agree with ToledoGuy that if the SBC doesn't get things squared away then the NLL could be a viable option for the Streaks should the SBC run into discord.

I could see 3 Cardinal (smaller) division teams leaving in 4 or 5 years and NLL ends up with 8 again.
No, if there is a break, there will be 3-5 teams left out and those will be the big ones.

I think a conference with NV, SV, BG, Napoleon, Springfield, Clay, Fremont, and Maumee coming back would be more likely than Springfield, NV, SV, and Clay staying with the big teams.

Or the other way around. One team leaves the NLL to make it an 10 school league. Who’s the school to leave?
If they had a do-over knowing the most they could get was 11, I doubt the existing AD's would've voted for Whitmer. Just not a fit in any way, and with the OE issue, they're going to be a problem in the bigger sports.

No, if there is a break, there will be 3-5 teams left out and those will be the big ones.

I think a conference with NV, SV, BG, Napoleon, Springfield, Clay, Fremont, and Maumee coming back would be more likely than Springfield, NV, SV, and Clay staying with the big teams.
I can't see Maumee voluntarily going back to a league where they competed in only one sport. Would the NBC vote new member Maumee out to make room for Liberty-Benton?

I've said before that I think if the original rumors (16 teams, Maumee stays, Bryan and Wauseon jump) happen, Defiance would have gone. Having our 2 biggest rivals (one we haven't been able to play in football in 50 years) plus another local team I'm the league may have been too good to pass up.

But when Bryan and Wauseon decided they like being the big fish, we had no reason to jump. We already play Napoleon. We enjoy playing O-G and Van Wert is our longest running series. From there you're just replacing road trips to Celina, Kenton, St. Marys with trips to Sylvania and Fremont.

Unless there's an unforeseen change in the WBL and they want to get to 8, we're happy where we are.

More seasons than not Sandusky played at least one Toledo team, usually two with one season seeing them play three TPS schools. Whether they would consider the NLL is anyone's guess. At present travel is not an issue so there's not much incentive to poke their nose into other league possibilities. I agree with ToledoGuy that if the SBC doesn't get things squared away then the NLL could be a viable option for the Streaks should the SBC run into discord.
I'd love to see Sandusky join. This would allow two divisions.

NLL WEST
Whitmer (843)
Perrysburg (649)
Findlay (642)
Anthony Wayne (546)
Northview (495)
Springfield (397)

NLL EAST
Clay (424)
Ross (400)
Southview (406)
Sandusky (346)
Bowling Green (344)
Sandusky (346)
Columbian (334)
Napoleon (236)

Ideally I'd like to see Napoleon to the WBL or NWOAL and add Sandusky and Columbian to the NLL East. Even if you could get Sandusky to join without Columbian the Route 6 corridor links Napoleon to Ross/Sandusky.

Isn't Columbian the 2nd largest school in the SBC? They would be the 2nd smallest in the NLL.

Columbian to Sandusky HS, Perkins, or Norwalk is about 35 miles. Clyde & Bellevue are closer.

Columbian to Ross is only about 20 miles. The next closest small division NLL school is BG at 42 miles. The farthest, Napoleon, is 70. A cross-over game with Findlay would only be 28 miles though, a school almost twice their size.
Tiffin to BG is an hour drive.

I can't see Maumee voluntarily going back to a league where they competed in only one sport. Would the NBC vote new member Maumee out to make room for Liberty-Benton?
I think you'd be surprised how much simply dropping Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne would do for Maumee's perception of their place in the NLL, warranted or not.

With the recommendation from AD's playing a major part in their decisions. I get you're big on trying to post "gotcha" moments, but you know how this works as well as anyone.
And probably a bigger recommendation from trusted coaches, superintendents, & maybe boosters and board members.

NLL principals meet once a month. They voted, not the AD's.

With the recommendation from AD's playing a major part in their decisions. I get you're big on trying to post "gotcha" moments, but you know how this works as well as anyone.
Basically you're saying it's a yes-man operation unless the Principal has a huge ego that gets in the way?

Fits my understanding. lol. It works best when smart people listen to those hired to be the experts.

NLL WEST
Whitmer (843)
Perrysburg (649)
Findlay (642)
Anthony Wayne (546)
Northview (495)
Springfield (397)

NLL EAST
Clay (424)
Ross (400)
Southview (406)
Sandusky (346)
Bowling Green (344)
Sandusky (346)
Columbian (334)
Napoleon (236)

Ideally I'd like to see Napoleon to the WBL or NWOAL and add Sandusky and Columbian to the NLL East. Even if you could get Sandusky to join without Columbian the Route 6 corridor links Napoleon to Ross/Sandusky.

NLL WEST
Whitmer (843)
Perrysburg (649)
Findlay (642)
Anthony Wayne (546)
Northview (495)
Springfield (397)

NLL EAST
Clay (424)
Ross (400)
Southview (406)
Sandusky (346)
Bowling Green (344)
Sandusky (346)
Columbian (334)
Napoleon (236)

Seems more of a North-South? I get going by school size. I do. I still think you flip Findlay and Southview.

Why did you chose to put Springfiled into the larger enrollment bracket? Growth?

I think you'd be surprised how much simply dropping Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne would do for Maumee's perception of their place in the NLL, warranted or not.
Northview (495)
Clay (424)
Southview (406)
Ross (400)
Springfield (397)
Bowling Green (344)
Maumee (291)
Napoleon (236)

(That's boys enrollment only. Adding girls may change the rank order.)

Two of these schools will be forced into the big division, which means a lot of losses and they will likely never win a division championship.

Will there be divisions in basketball too?

I've heard, but do not know, that other sports will all 11. Perrysburg already dominates the league. Add Whitmer and Findlay and the bottom 7 may never win a league championship in any sport.

There needs to be some secret talks with Maumee and then kick the big school out.

Or talk the NBC into voting out Maumee in favor of Liberty-Benton and then welcome Maumee back.

Either way works for me.

Basically you're saying it's a yes-man operation unless the Principal has a huge ego that gets in the way?

Fits my understanding. lol. It works best when smart people listen to those hired to be the experts.
AD's are hired to make sure there are people to sell tickets and run the scoreboard. What league the school is in is way above their pay grade.