2023 St. Edward Football

Are these guys actually OSU caliber or are they just guys OSU has to settle for due to not hitting on any out of state guys?
The twins have been on OSU's radar for a while now. I'm guessing the staff liked their junior film and the progress they've made adding the weight it takes to play at the next level. Still plenty of uncommitted '24 out-of-state guys they could land as well, so I don't think that was a factor in the offers.

The twins have been on OSU's radar for a while now. I'm guessing the staff liked their junior film and the progress they've made adding the weight it takes to play at the next level. Still plenty of uncommitted '24 out-of-state guys they could land as well, so I don't think that was a factor in the offers.
I really hope they’re good enough. Offensive tackle recruiting is in a very bad place for OSU right now.

I sat with a St. Eds guy at the state game he told me the junior class at Eds was flat out loaded and best class they have has in a while. Said there was a few jv players that could make a impact on varsity but they didnt need them yet. Any truth to that?
Hickman son moved to play for bishop gorman in Vegas, I heard he was sophomore best reciever. If that’s true that could be a big loss, how was other recievers in sophomore class? Hickman played in NFL so son probably had talent. Only 2 recievers returning varsity. Is that a need? How about tight end? Did he graduate?

Hickman son moved to play for bishop gorman in Vegas, I heard he was sophomore best reciever. If that’s true that could be a big loss, how was other recievers in sophomore class? Hickman played in NFL so son probably had talent. Only 2 recievers returning varsity. Is that a need? How about tight end? Did he graduate?
Mason, Sullivan and Ballough all return. They are in good shape.

I think Hickman (the elder) was the AD at Bishop Gorman prior to coming to Ed's. I'm assuming they've moved back west as Kevin is no longer the AD here. As others have mentioned, the Eagles return their first and third leading receivers from last year, as well as two TE's. They should be fine in that department for next season.

The treasure chest is so full that Eds can lose a very good player and still have 3-4 others. Good times on Detroit road these days.

M
Because Ohio football has fallen behind with spring ball in other states and , the national recognition is not what it used to be for this state. The only way to change that is to take on perineal nationally ranked powers at this point.

The NJ privates , like last year cherry creek , the big PA privates. St X did it and they were the last team to win a “national title” from Ohio.

M

Because Ohio football has fallen behind with spring ball in other states and , the national recognition is not what it used to be for this state. The only way to change that is to take on perineal nationally ranked powers at this point.

The NJ privates , like last year cherry creek , the big PA privates. St X did it and they were the last team to win a “national title” from Ohio.

I used think this mattered. It really doesn’t.

If Ed’s is an undefeated, three-peat champion with their current schedule, they will be No. 1 in someone’s poll.

M

What recognition? The USA Today national champ used to be a big deal. I don't know if they even bother anymore. There are like two National HS football message boards that have like 30 active members. Most of the time these 'national showcase' games are in half-empty stadiums. I just can't see where anyone actually cares about this stuff anymore.

I suppose if some of these schools want to come to Ohio, that's fine. But give me games as many games against Glenville, Mentor, Hoban, Ignatius, Toledo CC, GCL South, Massillon, etc as possible. I'd prefer to fill in the rest with adjacent powers from Pittsburgh, Detroit, etc.

I used think this mattered. It really doesn’t.

If Ed’s is an undefeated, three-peat champion with their current schedule, they will be No. 1 in someone’s poll.

I don’t think being the big-school Ohio champ (even a repeat one) carries the same cachet it once did. Not in todays landscape of academy schools and transfer factories. I tend to agree that a national type schedule would be needed to crown an Ohio team national champions.

M

Exactly this. Ohio is an afterthought nationally as a football state and it reflects in the recruiting rankings. Is there more talent in the southern states? Yes. Is Ohio doing everything it can to try and keep up? Not at all when there is no spring ball and kids aren't allowed to travel around the country for 7 on 7 events outside of playing with their schools. Ohio kids are a year behind on development compared to the states that do all of this

Exactly this. Ohio is an afterthought nationally as a football state and it reflects in the recruiting rankings. Is there more talent in the southern states? Yes. Is Ohio doing everything it can to try and keep up? Not at all when there is no spring ball and kids aren't allowed to travel around the country for 7 on 7 events outside of playing with their schools. Ohio kids are a year behind on development compared to the states that do all of this
Who cares? Not parents. Not the kids. Not the alumni. We’re living through the best run of St. Edward football ever.

Spring football? Let the kids play baseball, lax, rugby and run track.

Spring Football is for the College Coaches, not the kids. What high school in their right mind would want to chaos that much chaos for 2% of the football population and people that thinks this makes an actual difference.
Ohio State just offered the twins without spring football. What if they waited to offer during spring ball and they ended up getting injured? Spring ball is for the coaches not the athletes.

Who cares? Not parents. Not the kids. Not the alumni. We’re living through the best run of St. Edward football ever.

Spring football? Let the kids play baseball, lax, rugby and run track.
That’s fine if you’re ok being a big fish in a small pond. I spoke to a coach I know and the only way to implement spring ball in Ohio is to cut the basketball season short by two weeks.