2022-2023 Ohio State Basketball

Well, a trip to Duke tomorrow. Great opportunity for this group to play in a really tough environment. Good prep for Big Ten.

Will be exciting to see what could have been with Kyle Flipowski. Apparently he was in love with OSU until Duke offered.

A loss is a loss, but I think that was encouraging...especially on the road in probably the toughest homecourt environment in college basketball.

Zed had an extremely good game. Career high 21 points.

Hopefully by the end of the year there's a payoff to what's been a challenging early season slate with so many new pieces. Iron sharpens iron.

This aged bad
Brian…these are games you don’t expect to win at this point, but you hope you win some of them. The goal of this type of game is to toughen up a young roster and try to gel the team in tough environments against tough competition. The payoff is later in the year. Tom Izzo has been doing it at MSU forever. Be patient. By B1G play this team will have grown up.

Only a moron would be unhappy with how the team played last night. So that means one person on this thread...

Totally agree with nwwarrior post above. Team showed a lot of grit, and the veterans played pretty well (Key, Sueing, McNeil, Likekele). All of the freshman struggled a bit, except Thornton; he is a tough-as-nails point guard. He has such a bright future.

The refs were just awful, for both teams. The first 10-15 minutes were very physical with few whistles. Announcers even said "they are letting them play". Then all of the sudden every ticky-tack thing was whistled. Sensabaugh got the worst of it, his 2nd foul was nothing, and then in the 2nd half he got 3rd and 4th in a matter of seconds. A cheap reach in and a bad charge call. So he was effectively taken out of the game. The Duke kids had some cheap calls too - not saying it cost us the game, but it was poorly officiated both ways. Just be consistent.

At the end of it all I think this game really helps the team grow. Optimistic heading into the Big Ten. But all of Duke's 7-footers showed where our vulnerability is...

Brian…these are games you don’t expect to win at this point, but you hope you win some of them. The goal of this type of game is to toughen up a young roster and try to gel the team in tough environments against tough competition. The payoff is later in the year. Tom Izzo has been doing it at MSU forever. Be patient. By B1G play this team will have grown up.
Hope so because OSU needs more size.

Barely beat rutgers not good.
Last second three point shot by Holden is just what the Buckeyes needed. Had an 11 point lead at one point in the game. Coach is still getting a feeling for this team and it will take everyone to fill/find their role on the team. One thing for sure, it was exciting and had me on my feet. Go Buckeyes!

Last second three point shot by Holden is just what the Buckeyes needed. Had an 11 point lead at one point in the game. Coach is still getting a feeling for this team and it will take everyone to fill/find their role on the team. One thing for sure, it was exciting and had me on my feet. Go Buckeyes!
Bingo. I yelled real loud and scared my wife.

The more I see Thornton the more I think we have someone really special.

Kid was the primary ball handler all night against a really difficult pressure defense, with a lot of long guys on the perimeter. Did a great job in that area. Could not hit a shot in the first half (zero points), but did not panic. 10 clutch points after halftime. Picked up a key loose ball on the floor late in the game and smart enough to call the TO to preserve possession.

Love everything about his game.

The more I see Thornton the more I think we have someone really special.

Kid was the primary ball handler all night against a really difficult pressure defense, with a lot of long guys on the perimeter. Did a great job in that area. Could not hit a shot in the first half (zero points), but did not panic. 10 clutch points after halftime. Picked up a key loose ball on the floor late in the game and smart enough to call the TO to preserve possession.

Love everything about his game.
I could not agree with this more. He's been flashing for sure. Thornton is the first legit/true ball handler OSU has had in a long time. They've had to cobble together backcourts with transfers, guys that could only defend, and players who probably shouldn't have been handling the ball in clutch situations with a game on the line in the first place. I'm beyond excited to watch him develop and gain confidence. Let's just hope he doesn't start showing up on mocks as a lottery pick come March. I would love to see this dude captain the ship for more than a year. :ROFLMAO:

Holden's shot at the buzzer should not have counted, was oob's than stepped back in to receive the pass. This team has a lot of issues esp. lack of size and on defense gives up too many easy baskets. Possibly finish 500 in the BIG.