2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Yes you don't have your starting qb. ..but, with the other talent, going 3-7 is borderline criminal and speaks that most of the players and coaches aren't sufficient. Constant regression
We suffered through 1-31 with the promise of a competent competitive team on the other side and this is what we get stuck with.

Our buddy brian's head is about to explode as he want's to call for Stefanski to be canned but he can't. We made a bet over who would win Region 5. He predicted Riverside and the bet was that if he lost he couldn't call for the firing of a Cleveland coach for a year. If Riverside won, I couldn't put brian on ignore on a Sunday for a year. Win-win for old Clarkie!

Assuming they lose next Sunday, if they lose to Houston in Watsons first game back there's going to be a complete meltdown of this team and organization as a whole, it'll be something even we aren't used to.

Assuming they lose next Sunday, if they lose to Houston in Watsons first game back there's going to be a complete meltdown of this team and organization as a whole, it'll be something even we aren't used to.
I was sitting here wondering if they'll win a game the rest of the year. The most winnable game left, at Houston, will be a circus with Watson coming back and who knows what you'll get out of him with all the rust.

Well, Browns got swept by the AFC East. Only the Jets game was even close, dominated by the other 3. Sad times.

In the off season I would trade anyone not named Chubb, Teller or Bitonio to try to get more 1st round picks. Have to believe there are teams out there that would love to have some of our talented under-performing guys.

Let's run two qb sneaks right over the fourth string center.
Here is the difference between competent coaching and incompetent coaching …on a 3rd & 1 for Buffalo, they see the Browns shift to a tight defense … Josh Allen audibles to toss sweep that gains 10+ yards … the Browns on 3rd &1 run a QB sneak vs that same tight front … then does it again on 4th down … just bad.

Here is the difference between competent coaching and incompetent coaching …on a 3rd & 1 for Buffalo, they see the Browns shift to a tight defense … Josh Allen audibles to toss sweep that gains 10+ yards … the Browns on 3rd &1 run a QB sneak vs that same tight front … then does it again on 4th down … just bad.

Stefanski's thinking on the fourth down qb sneak : " No one will think we will run the same play again. Let's do it."

Got a fix for you browns fans.

Steelers OC Canada will be available next year. That will be a solid pickup for yall.

Unless there is a huge uptick in the Browns play when Watson returns, I don’t think Stefanski survives. And if he doesn’t, the next coach has to be on board with Watson and vice versa. What a mess.

Unless there is a huge uptick in the Browns play when Watson returns, I don’t think Stefanski survives. And if he doesn’t, the next coach has to be on board with Watson and vice versa. What a mess.
I agree.

And for those saying, "Watson doesn't play defense", I get that, but what Watson needs to do is convert crucial third downs, and keep the D off the field.

If that doesn't happen, then it's all on Stefanski.

Two reports from Grossi ( whatever you think of him):

1. Defensive player screams that coach never makes adjustments. "If **** doesn't work, change it."

2. On the qb sneaks, Buffalo defensive player said that the Browns always run the qb sneak in that situation, so they knew what was coming.

One of my favorites yesterday was when they went to the wildcat. They put Brissett in motion slowly and take 10 seconds to snap the ball to chubb. Everybody in the universe watching the game knows that the only option out of that formation is for Chubb to run the ball. At least if you're going to do it, run it quickly so you have some element of surprise and carry it out before the defense can adjust.

Even if you are at the end of your rope with Stefanski, there is not a great list of dudes to replace him that inspire complete confidence.

Sean Payton isn't coming to the Browns.

A guy that intrigues me, I must say, is Brian Flores. I thought he was doing a great job in Miami and he would definitely bring some toughness to the Browns.

Even if you are at the end of your rope with Stefanski, there is not a great list of dudes to replace him that inspire complete confidence.

Sean Payton isn't coming to the Browns.

A guy that intrigues me, I must say, is Brian Flores. I thought he was doing a great job in Miami and he would definitely bring some toughness to the Browns.
I think Payton would come here with the same type of autonomy he had in NO, and if the Haslems WAY overpay him.

Which you know they are willing to do.

I think Payton would come here with the same type of autonomy he had in NO, and if the Haslems WAY overpay him.

Which you know they are willing to do.
Yeah, but would you be willing to get rid of Stefanski AND Berry in favor of Payton? Of course! I still don't think Payton would do it, even though he would have the QB in place already.

Yeah, but would you be willing to get rid of Stefanski AND Berry in favor of Payton? Of course! I still don't think Payton would do it, even though he would have the QB in place already.
Don't you think if Watson looks very good the rest of the way, a lot of coaches would love to take over this offense?

Don't you think if Watson looks very good the rest of the way, a lot of coaches would love to take over this offense?
Yes. Even with all the controversy, coaches know they can win with Watson...or at least believe they can.

If the offense looks really good with Watson the rest of the way, the Browns coach in 2023 will be Kevin Stefanski. He will be told to fire Woods and probably Priefer.

Our buddy brian's head is about to explode as he want's to call for Stefanski to be canned but he can't. We made a bet over who would win Region 5. He predicted Riverside and the bet was that if he lost he couldn't call for the firing of a Cleveland coach for a year. If Riverside won, I couldn't put brian on ignore on a Sunday for a year. Win-win for old Clarkie!
It ok I be fine..