2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Something never before said on Yappi - I was good and wrong. Reports are that the game is being moved to Detroit.

That way the Bills can stay for their Thursday game in Detroit.

Motor City it is:

Something never before said on Yappi - I was good and wrong. Reports are that the game is being moved to Detroit.
I think they had to, since they can't move it last minute.

Look for the Bills to be in a foul mood, having to stay in Detroilet longer than they expected.

I think it was the smart move (something I would rarely say about the NFL ;) ). If this storm ends up being nearly as bad as it's predicted to be, it's not going to be safe for anyone to be out on the roads in the Buffalo area this weekend. Most likely, I-90 will be shut down altogether, meaning nobody was going to get to the stadium in the first place. Make the decision now so you can get everyone out of town before it gets bad.

Wonder what the attendance will be like in Detroit? If fans from Buffalo want to go they had better leave sometime tomorrow or Saturday. Browns fans have a shorter trip. How do they handle tickets? Stadium rental? Parking? Concessions? So many questions.
Is Cleveland expecting bad weather this weekend as well?

Wonder what the attendance will be like in Detroit? If fans from Buffalo want to go they had better leave sometime tomorrow or Saturday. Browns fans have a shorter trip. How do they handle tickets? Stadium rental? Parking? Concessions? So many questions.
Those with tickets to the game in Orchard Park will have their money reimbursed. New presale tickets for the game in Detroit will go on sale at 2 p.m. ET for a cheaper price than normal game tickets with Bills season-ticket holders and fans getting first access.

"We are hoping for this to be still a home-field advantage away," Beane said. "Luckily, it's not across the country. We know Bills Mafia is all over, and hopefully those that are in Michigan area will definitely come, and hopefully the ones here that want to get out of the snow will drive over there."

Funny side note on the game being moved. The over/under line started around 49 (pretty high) and as the weather reports got worse and worse, it dropped daily. The O/U was down to 40 most places. That low number is usually reserved for games with Houston or Denver involved. Still tons of people were still betting on the under because of the weather. Now it is an indoor game and the O/U is back to 49.5 most places. Oops.

Moral of the story, don't place your bets until you have all the info. All those folks betting under 40 are screwed. Buffalo might get 40 on their own.

Funny side note on the game being moved. The over/under line started around 49 (pretty high) and as the weather reports got worse and worse, it dropped daily. The O/U was down to 40 most places. That low number is usually reserved for games with Houston or Denver involved. Still tons of people were still betting on the under because of the weather. Now it is an indoor game and the O/U is back to 49.5 most places. Oops.

Moral of the story, don't place your bets until you have all the info. All those folks betting under 40 are screwed. Buffalo might get 40 on their own.
I saw that a lot of books voided the bets after the game moved. Maybe not all but some certainly did.

If the Browns were good, it would've been in effect a home game for us. I think a decent chunk will still make the trip, I would if they were actually in the playoff hunt. Weather is fine in Cleveland (at least on the west side). It's only a 2 hour drive up to Detroit as well.

Looks like you can't even get out of south Buffalo right now. Not sure about the airport but I imagine not many are going to be paying hand over foot for a last minute ticket that may not even take off.

They've done this before (last time being 2014). I'm sure the parking guys are elated. Tickets are going on sale today and I imagine they'll be giving them away come Sunday. I would think the hardcore fans in Detroit (or those not fans of the Lions) would like to go to see the Bills.

Just checked the Buffalo Airport website - pretty much every outbound flight is listed as cancelled.

I know much of the Buffalo area is shut down for driving right now. They're in a state of emergency currently - only authorized vehicles are allowed out right now. So if you were a Buffalo-ian trying to go to Detroit, you're probably screwed if you haven't left already.

Why did the Bills wait until Saturday to travel to Detroit? As soon as the NFL announced the move, they should have gotten the heck out of Buffalo. Not very smart.

Wow, looks like it was the right decision. Now can the Bills get out of Buffalo, most live right by the stadium.
Orchard Park, where the stadium is, has gotten 66 inches of snow and more is on the way. But the Bills were able to gather at the stadium and then proceeded by convoy to the airport whch is in North Buffalo which only got 24 inches of snow and are now on their way to Detroit.

So how did they do it?

* In the neighborhoods where Bills players lived the people in the neighborhood came out with shovels and snow blowers and got the streets and players driveways cleared out.

* For those players that couldn't get out of their neighborhoods groups of snowmobilers were assigned specific players and they went and picked them up and took them to the stadium on a snow machine.

Why, in my day, we used to sh--t more snow than that!

Then that pesky Dennis Mitchell would come over and want to shovel my drive!
I grew up in Western NY Bills country between Rochester & Buffalo. We lived about two miles from Lake Ontario and occasionally the snow bands that were traveling down the lake towards the Eastern end and Watertown would veer onto shore and pummel our little town with Lake Effect snow.

The ferocity of these events can not be described adequately. The sheer amount of snow that can fall, rates of 8 inches per hour are not uncommon, is mind blowing. When I was in college in Buffalo I experienced both the Blizzard of 77 and the snowmageddon event of 1983. In the 1983 snow storm 48 inches fell on the city in 12 hours. During the height of the storm there was lightening and thunder (the famous thunder snow) going on.

IMO Lake Effect snow storms are one of the top 5 most interesting meteorological phenomena on Earth.

Last edited:
Years back I took my kid to see the University of Rochester as he had a scholarship offer. We found street parking and as we got out of the car I pointed out the flags that stuck up 8 or 10 feet from the fire hydrants and asked my son what he thought they were for. He had no idea and when I pointed out that they were so that the hydrants could be found under feet of snow during the winter the University of Rochester was immediately out of the running!