D2 Region 7 Final : Lake Vs Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the game the OHSAA makes the games available if you have purchased the ticket - It's better IMO than live but they do have inconvenient streaming problems and those will still be present but the buffering should not be an issue. Best bet for live may be one of the many radio broadcasts that will be available.
AFTER the game? What the he|| are you TALKING about?

I'm sure lake will be well represented in Parma. Deepest run since 2010!
And we traveled well for that sad fateful night against Trotwood. I forget which school down in Columbus it was the game was at. I just remember our side was pretty much full and the Trotwood side was alittle bigger than a Timken attendance. It was cold, probably as cold as it's going to be on Friday night!

So I would think the Lake Fans will be there. Especially since it's a local team we are playing. It helps even more that it's Massillon! I think everyone has wanted this to happen ,but the people in charge. I know as a former player. My team wanted wanted to play them,not just scrimmage them.

And we traveled well for that sad fateful night against Trotwood. I forget which school down in Columbus it was the game was at. I just remember our side was pretty much full and the Trotwood side was alittle bigger than a Timken attendance. It was cold, probably as cold as it's going to be on Friday night!

So I would think the Lake Fans will be there. Especially since it's a local team we are playing. It helps even more that it's Massillon! I think everyone has wanted this to happen ,but the people in charge. I know as a former player. My team wanted wanted to play them,not just scrimmage them.

Gahanna Lincoln HS

God that game was cold. Made it seem even worse with out it ended.

Lake should have lost to Akron East this year the officiating was very biased all but one of the officials had no business officiating that game
Wow, just stop you're embarrassing yourself! If you think East should have won that game then you absolutely are clueless about football!🤣🤣🤣

I started watching it, didn't see anything about the Lake vs Massillon game.
Tiger33 said:
Hey Mack since you decide to laugh at my comment, please enlighten us all with your assessment. And to be clear I meant no disrespect to anyone that hasn’t played in that game. I’m just telling you there is a different feel and level to this particular game. Very hard to explain it
Yes. Chuck Shuff's 5-4 Tigers vs. 9-0 top ranked Mck Bulldogs. Greg Wood to Eddie Bell ended Mck's title hopes. Just one of many examples since 1894 ; )

Well, in a continuation of the discussion about a common Lake and Massillon opponent and the scores of their games with McKinley, Tiger33 responded "I’m just telling you there is a different feel and level to this particular game. Very hard to explain it."

Listen to the first 20 seconds of the video, Caples call, the roar of the crowd (22,000+). Lake will never have that feel and level of intensity with McKinley. It can't be duplicated. Never. Not on the same planet, hence it's very hard to explain.

History shows that season records and scores between common opponents means nothing between Massillon and McKinley, that's all. The video clip is just a very nice example that supported what Tiger33 was saying.

Well, in a continuation of the discussion about a common Lake and Massillon opponent and the scores of their games with McKinley, Tiger33 responded "I’m just telling you there is a different feel and level to this particular game. Very hard to explain it."

Listen to the first 20 seconds of the video, Caples call, the roar of the crowd (22,000+). Lake will never have that feel and level of intensity with McKinley. It can't be duplicated. Never. Not on the same planet, hence it's very hard to explain.

History shows that season records and scores between common opponents means nothing between Massillon and McKinley, that's all. The video clip just a very nice example that supported what Tiger33 was saying. It was a special day for those who were there.
You get it lol! Thanks! Gives me goosebumps those first 20 seconds.

Last edited:

History shows that season records and scores between common opponents means nothing between Massillon and McKinley, that's all. The video clip is just a very nice example that supported what Tiger33 was saying.
I’m not sure who said the Lake and Mckinley game environment is comparable to the Mass Vs McKinley game, but they are just wrong.

AFTER the game? What the he|| are you TALKING about?
AFTER as in the opposite of BEFORE - So you go to whichever game. You purchase a ticket AFTER the game and you can then view the game but you don't have the buffering issues that are so common when the game is live. The caveat here is it has to be a game that the OHSAA is streaming which at this point in the season is at least for Massillon all the games. I haven't streamed a game live yet. So haven't had the buffering issues that are so common.
From what I understand from talking to people the regular season games done through boxcast streaming are only for the live stream not available for re-watching AFTER the game - those games are available on WHS in the days following each game and will be up on YouTube Dec 4th.
Clear?

I’m not sure who said the Lake and Mckinley game environment is comparable to the Mass Vs McKinley game, but they are just wrong.

Agree. But to be clear, we're not one-upping anyone here. Comparison of common opponents and history will not be on the minds of the players and coaches of either team when they hit the field Friday night. Or any of us here.

Last edited:
Am I correct that you are saying that there are no state champions prior to 1972 in Ohio?
So all those young men were just playing intramural football?
Does that also mean that there are no national champions in D1 college football prior to the advent of the BCS?
Lol it was a dig just to get people going lol my buddy at work is a die hard Massillon fan and I just tease him about it all the time that they don’t count … just like when you tell a browns fan there championships don’t count because they were pre Super Bowl ara

Very little talk about the actual game from either side. Interesting.

Any chance of a food fight at the awards banquet tonight? Maybe after Degeorge gets COY instead of Moore?

Very little talk about the actual game from either side. Interesting.
Any chance of a food fight at the awards banquet tonight? Maybe after Degeorge gets COY instead of Moore
Best part is your stupid A** and the rest of the obsessed trolls want Moore to not get coach of the year more than Massillon folks care if he actually does get it
Just like JLP always states

Wow, some funny comments on here!!! I really think this can be a great game. I think both teams have the ability to do special things to take advantage of the other. Knowing what I know, which is obviously Smoove Mooves on the dance floor and my mooves on the gridiron back in the day, I can see this one going either way. I think if Lake can control the line of scrimmage, they will be there with a chance at the end. I think they will also need to take a note from Smoove's earlier days and SCORE a lot more than they have the last 2 weeks. Massillon has not scored less than 23 points this entire season, and are usually in the 40 ppg range. In the playoffs, Massillon has not played anyone with a solid defense, Perry was 4-6, Canal Winchester lost 4 and was mediocre at best, and Big Walnut gave up 22 & 2 in the playoffs before gagging up 42 to the Tigers last week. I believe Lake will have the best defense Massillon has played since McKinley, maybe even since St. Eds. I think it could happen that this could end up being a 38-35 score, but then again, what the H do I know other than having Mooves like Fred Astaire on the floor? Good Luck to both team and more than likely, the winner will have Hoiban next week at a site that will be much closer than Parma, which is totally assinine, by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.