2022 Regional Final Neutral Sites

If you were to pick from these games to go to Friday, which do you think has the chance to be most competitive?

Massillon Lake
Eds Mentor
Hudson Hoban

You're assuming the HoF would want to host. Hosting all of the state finals fits in with what the HoF tries to do which is attract larger events for which people might stay in the area longer and be motivated to spend more money on the HoF premises. Hosting an isolated game featuring 2 local teams does not fit that agenda.
My response or valid question to Benson Stadium and the Hall of Fame...wasn't the idea of the stadium to be used for a lot of events? Now I know the response because we have heard it before...but let me ask...how much County money has been used for this structure. Shouldn't this stadium be utilized when it is two county schools are involved and need a neutral site?

If you were to pick from these games to go to Friday, which do you think has the chance to be most competitive?

Massillon Lake
Eds Mentor
Hudson Hoban
At first glance Eds and Mentor would seem (to me) to be the obvious pick, but something says Hudson/Hoban is the best choice.

I thought (have read) that Tom Benson Stadium is not eligible for hosting neutral site playoff games other than the state finals.

Able to host McKinley home games in the playoffs, but not neutral site until the championship games.

Massillon Lake
Eds Mentor
Hudson Hoban
Since you can see Massillon Lake at Byers, that's a good choice.
Drew Pasteur has the Holy Name a 1-point favorite over Padua. Granted, D3 should be slightly lower caliber, but I think it's going to be a close one.

Not to the degree that locals would IMO. This game belongs at Byers, period.
Capture.JPG

Couldn't resist.

I agree that 5,000 is a must for Holy Name-Padua. Last year, weather was crap (IIR, it went from rain, to snow, to back to rain) and it didn't stop people from not only gobbling up tickets but also showing up. Capacity is 3,100 at Brooklyn but there was probably at least 4,000 there (the Holy Name visiting side packed in like sardines in the stands and was two-deep SRO halfway around the fence).

While Strongsville (5,200) is probably the best best for a packed crowd that should fit everybody, especially with SRO, I'm hoping the OHSAA plays this one safe and puts it at either Byers or Brunswick. Ed's-Mentor have played so many playoff games over the years, it kind of saps interest and think Euclid is perfectly suitable for that game (and part of the reason Euclid built that new stadium from what I recall was to host playoff games like that one). This could be the biggest Holy Name-Padua game in series history, so I'm hoping they err on the side of caution with this one (something they didn't do last year when placing that regional semifinal game at Brooklyn).
Byers is best for Holy Name vs Padua

Makes perfect sense. Last couple times OHSAA has assigned Massillon to a nearby stadium, everyone whined about it. See game vs. Perry at Lake 2 years ago that ultimately went off without a hitch and game vs. Green last year that was supposed to be played at Canal Fulton and then was moved to Mansfield. If I'm a site manager, and all I'm going to hear is complaining about how my site is inadequate, I'm turning that game down, too.
Makes zero sense to send two Stark teams to Cleveland. And there's no way you believe they should've played at Northwest last year.

You're assuming the HoF would want to host. Hosting all of the state finals fits in with what the HoF tries to do which is attract larger events for which people might stay in the area longer and be motivated to spend more money on the HoF premises. Hosting an isolated game featuring 2 local teams does not fit that agenda.
Brings in revenue they aren't getting sitting dark. Also fosters goodwill locally. Not like there have never been playoff games beyond the Finals there before.

They are the schools actually. Schools vote and approve everything the OHSAA does. Schools have the power to change this, but don’t.

why? Because when the OHSAA make decisions to maximize money, the schools benefit. The vast majority of the money OHSAA makes goes to schools directly or indirectly. So if the OHSAA makes this decision thinking it will maximize income based on possible attendance, the schools say thank you very much and continue on with their lives as they do every. Single. Year.
It doesn't maximize money to send two Stark teams to Cleveland.

I thought (have read) that Tom Benson Stadium is not eligible for hosting neutral site playoff games other than the state finals.

Able to host McKinley home games in the playoffs, but not neutral site until the championship games.
Which is a dumb rule. As if playing there earlier somehow is an advantage.

My response or valid question to Benson Stadium and the Hall of Fame...wasn't the idea of the stadium to be used for a lot of events? Now I know the response because we have heard it before...but let me ask...how much County money has been used for this structure. Shouldn't this stadium be utilized when it is two county schools are involved and need a neutral site?
Epic fail for Stark County.