2022 Regional Final Neutral Sites

Unreal. Ship two Parma schools to Maple Hts. so two R7 schools from Stark County can travel to Parma? Guess the OHSAA blind mice don't buy gas.
They really don't care and this again proves it! They aren't the fans and especially the schools paying for fuel costs! Cost of busses to transport team, bands( both rather large) and any spirit busses....this really needs to come before the OHSAA...but deaf ears...

Unreal. Ship two Parma schools to Maple Hts. so two R7 schools from Stark County can travel to Parma? Guess the OHSAA blind mice don't buy gas.
Makes perfect sense. Last couple times OHSAA has assigned Massillon to a nearby stadium, everyone whined about it. See game vs. Perry at Lake 2 years ago that ultimately went off without a hitch and game vs. Green last year that was supposed to be played at Canal Fulton and then was moved to Mansfield. If I'm a site manager, and all I'm going to hear is complaining about how my site is inadequate, I'm turning that game down, too.

Makes perfect sense. Last couple times OHSAA has assigned Massillon to a nearby stadium, everyone whined about it. See game vs. Perry at Lake 2 years ago that ultimately went off without a hitch and game vs. Green last year that was supposed to be played at Canal Fulton and then was moved to Mansfield. If I'm a site manager, and all I'm going to hear is complaining about how my site is inadequate, I'm turning that game down, too.
Last thing the world needs is more Washington whining.

Yes, it's equally inconvenient and stupid for both schools. Meanwhile Byers Field is within walking distance of both schools, and Parma retailers get screwed out of pre- and post-game revenue from Paduans and Namers.
So nobody from Washington or Lake is going to patronize any Parma establishments before the game?

Maybe the stadium in Stark county right next to 77 sitting empty every week should be rectified!
You're assuming the HoF would want to host. Hosting all of the state finals fits in with what the HoF tries to do which is attract larger events for which people might stay in the area longer and be motivated to spend more money on the HoF premises. Hosting an isolated game featuring 2 local teams does not fit that agenda.

They really don't care and this again proves it! They aren't the fans and especially the schools paying for fuel costs! Cost of busses to transport team, bands( both rather large) and any spirit busses....this really needs to come before the OHSAA...but deaf ears...
They are the schools actually. Schools vote and approve everything the OHSAA does. Schools have the power to change this, but don’t.

why? Because when the OHSAA make decisions to maximize money, the schools benefit. The vast majority of the money OHSAA makes goes to schools directly or indirectly. So if the OHSAA makes this decision thinking it will maximize income based on possible attendance, the schools say thank you very much and continue on with their lives as they do every. Single. Year.

You're assuming the HoF would want to host. Hosting all of the state finals fits in with what the HoF tries to do which is attract larger events for which people might stay in the area longer and be motivated to spend more money on the HoF premises. Hosting an isolated game featuring 2 local teams does not fit that agenda.
I am not assuming anything. I am pointing out the reality this stadium sits empty for the playoffs which is just ignorant!

Reactions: y2h
I am not assuming anything. I am pointing out the reality this stadium sits empty for the playoffs which is just ignorant!
I guess what I'm saying is the situation may be incapable of being rectified. If a facility doesn't want to host, then what can be done?

Just a thought. But wouldn't it be best to have the OHSAA select a couple of schools which are centrally located and an adequate venue, then offer each district a $ package to have it hosted at that location... first one to accept gets the game. If no one accepts, raise the $. Certainly, the OHSAA has extra money with the addition of the extra week of playoffs. Come on OHSAA think outside the box a bit.

Just a thought. But wouldn't it be best to have the OHSAA select a couple of schools which are centrally located and an adequate venue, then offer each district a $ package to have it hosted at that location... first one to accept gets the game. If no one accepts, raise the $. Certainly, the OHSAA has extra money with the addition of the extra week of playoffs. Come on OHSAA think outside the box a bit.
You’re assuming the OHSAA, and by extension the schools, see this as a problem. Every game have a venue? Making a profit? Then there’s no problem.