Week 12: #2 Steubenville Big Red vs. #10 Columbus Bishop Hartley

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Watty is actually a school Big Red has come to Columbus to play. Fun fact. Hard to put Steubenville down on that one.
That was Fun. The Ville had Dwight Macon Great player.
City of Columbus sent up 5 Mounted Police for crowd control.
Could never get long term deal with The Red.

No No Columbus East Tigers.
Ghost of Chic Harley
Oh you’re a Watterson Fan…. And that’s too bad. Because they are classy people unlike yourself. I have lots of Watterson friends including one of their previous head coaches. In fact, the father of the best player on last years Watterson team is a 45 year friend of mine. Your an embarrassment to a great fan base.

Oh you’re a Watterson Fan…. And that’s too bad. Because they are classy people unlike yourself. I have lots of Watterson friends including one of their previous head coaches. In fact, the father of the best player on last years Watterson team is a 45 year friend of mine. Your an embarrassment to a great fan base.
Thank you for the Very Nice Compliments. I’m Trying to Get to Crimson & Black Standards.
Ghost of Chic Harley...

Isn't the best player from 2021 Watterson still on Watterson in 2022???? Many would say yes and he plays 19 positions

Isn't the best player from 2021 Watterson still on Watterson in 2022???? Many would say yes and he plays 19 positions
Maybe I’m biased but I thought Dom Orsini made last years Watterson team go. Dom also played all over the field for BWHS. Great on the diamond as well.

Maybe I’m biased but I thought Dom Orsini made last years Watterson team go. Dom also played all over the field for BWHS. Great on the diamond as well.
Great player and fast as heck. He played almost only def until like week 8 vs Deslaes. He had 3 of 4 incredible games at that point to close season no doubt but a little overblown to say best player on team all season...... Dominic Purcell got All state honors as a soph... Was a beast at the end though. That 4 carry 191 yard performance against centennial is classic! Check out states here:

Great player and fast as heck. He played almost only def until like week 8 vs Deslaes. He had 3 of 4 incredible games at that point to close season no doubt but a little overblown to say best player on team all season...... Dominic Purcell got All state honors as a soph... Was a beast at the end though. That 4 carry 191 yard performance against centennial is classic! Check out states here:

Thank you for that stat line. I’m curious why they didn’t use him earlier in the season. Was he filling in for an injured player? Side note, his father was a standout QB at Steubenville Catholic in the 70’s. Also, former head coach Dan Bjelic is a Steubenville Catholic graduate.

Thank you for that stat line. I’m curious why they didn’t use him earlier in the season. Was he filling in for an injured player? Side note, his father was a standout QB at Steubenville Catholic in the 70’s. Also, former head coach Dan Bjelic is a Steubenville Catholic graduate.
Bjelac might face Big Red next week. He’s an assistant at Ready these days.

First running back #1 got hurt by game 3, then they rolled with current #44 for 3 games then they split between Dominic O and #44 rest of year. He was an important part of the Def is my guess but IDK!

Definitely not the fastest team. Archbishop carroll? rock creek? wheeling park? I think even with 300 yards of penalties this game will be at a running clock by 3rd quarter. You make it sound like East is the toughest team in this region. Bishop Hartley in my opinion is the 2nd best team in the region and you saw what happened to them last night. I think Steubenville is the best but can they be beat? Yes but I don’t think East would be the team to do it. The closest a team would get to puttin up a fight with BR is Indian Valley.
I agree with you that Hartley is the 2nd best team in the region. The problem was their starting running back was out and he is a beast. They do have a lot of Freshman and Sophomore's starting which is not normal Hartley. They also got a bad draw for a 2nd round playoff game. If they were on the other side of the bracket, they probably would've got to the regional finals and played BR. I don't think Hartley would have beat BR regardless of when they played them because they have been awful playing really good teams this year. They seem to find a way to lose games with less than 5 minutes in the game.

This region isn't that strong outside of BR. That could be trouble going into the State-Semifinals

Win or lose, East will show up and play hard! They are very athletic.

Congrats to Big Red!!!