2022 GCYL Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the record, I'm still here with my popcorn in the background. I'm enjoying exactly what I've said about this forum forever. Mob rules - dissenting opinions are ganged up upon, attacked, and tried to silence, especially when teams or others try to take what people think they are entitled to.

Is trey alts someone you banned from posting? Seems to be the norm with this forum.

When trying to pull off multiple handles, it may be best to try to vary your writing styles.

It is funny to me that we are supposed to believe that not one, not two, but now three random people associated with a northern Kentucky organization have coincidentally gotten wind of the existence of an Ohio sports forum that just happens to have recently included some critical words about their program. Totally plausible.

Last edited:
You are putting words in people's mouths that haven't been spoken. You keep say "cheating" yet I don't think anyone in this thread said the word cheating.

On ages, there is a difference between a kid being one of the older kids for his grade and being too old for the league. One is not like the other.
I NEVER ONCE said a kid was too old for the league. I said they were dominating because they had a handful of kids that were all on the old end - and it's factual. The league wouldn't let kids play if they were outside the age rules.

And no, no and no - I am not putting words in people's mouths. There is a direct call out of cheating or an indirect passive aggressive inuendo of cheating all of the time here - whether it's a non-westside school having some success in the "westside league" or Elder people's CONSTANT obsession with other programs "recruiting" and "cheating" - don't even begin to say it doesn't happen or is "the minority".

When trying to pull off multiple handles, it may be best to try to vary your writing styles.

It is funny to me that we are supposed to believe that not one, not two, but now three random people associated with a northern Kentucky organization have coincidentally gotten wind of the existence of an Ohio sports forum that just happens to have recently included some critical words about their program. Totally plausible.
You can believe whatever you want, I could care less.

But I literally know next to nothing about Cov Cath's program, their parents, or people associated with them. None.

That's why I haven't said a word until I was brought up - again - when it has nothing to do with me. There are plenty of people who are deserving of the ridicule from the Cov Cath gang that has graced us with their presence.

The bottom line is that nobody cares if Cov Cath is in the league. They have not cheated per the rules. What I said from the beginning is that there will/should be rule changes because of how they put their teams together. If they don't follow those rule changes they will be asked to leave the league. Every team in the league would be more competitive if not beat Cov Cath if they also decided to keep an "A" team and split up the remaining players on lower division teams. Nobody else does that though so it's created an unfair advantage that CC has exposed.
Let's stop acting like the westside football teams are this charitable franchise who do everything on the up and up, and have grace and dignity in everything they do. It's nauseating.

Everyone says "they don't stack their teams", yet most schools are combined and we all know the B and C kids aren't playing much, if at all. It's a pseudo stack league and you know it.

Also, if numbers allow, what would be the issue with using the Cov Cath model and having stack teams in the upper league and putting B teams in the lower leagues? They literally do it in every other sport. Oh, let me guess, football is "different" - the most tired excuse ever.

My God has this gone off the rails thanks to Trey and these "new" members lmao I couldn't care an ounce less about this youth football league given that I have no children or other relatives playing in it, have never coached in it and only played in it about 20 years ago or so when it was basically a completely different league. But Trey, my guy, you have got to be one of the biggest losers here; and we're on a forum dedicated to high school and youth sports!

My God has this gone off the rails thanks to Trey and these "new" members lmao I couldn't care an ounce less about this youth football league given that I have no children or other relatives playing in it, have never coached in it and only played in it about 20 years ago or so when it was basically a completely different league. But Trey, my guy, you have got to be one of the biggest losers here; and we're on a forum dedicated to high school and youth sports!
Again, I couldn't care less if you think it's me, but it's not me.

You want to continue to make me the whipping boy for all of the Elder forum insecurities, feel free. Doesn't bother me a bit, in fact, it proves exactly what I've been saying for years. So thanks for that.

Let's stop acting like the westside football teams are this charitable franchise who do everything on the up and up, and have grace and dignity in everything they do. It's nauseating.

Everyone says "they don't stack their teams", yet most schools are combined and we all know the B and C kids aren't playing much, if at all. It's a pseudo stack league and you know it.

Also, if numbers allow, what would be the issue with using the Cov Cath model and having stack teams in the upper league and putting B teams in the lower leagues? They literally do it in every other sport. Oh, let me guess, football is "different" - the most tired excuse ever.
I would be totally fine with stack teams like they do in basketball or baseball. I'm not sure why it isn't done, although I'm sure there is a good reason for it.

I would be totally fine with stack teams like they do in basketball or baseball. I'm not sure why it isn't done, although I'm sure there is a good reason for it.
I'm sure in the past it's been numbers related - but it's definitely possible now with larger combined teams.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be against splitting teams up evenly if there are enough kids for 2 teams. It would develop a much deeper bench of talent - but I know the daddies would never be able to swallow their pride and make that happen, even though it's best for all of the kids (literally doubling the kids that are getting opportunity).

It's hilarious how everyone says they're competitive, but would never split teams evenly and let the kids develop and compete. The pecking order has to do whatever they can to keep the pecking order. Opportunity shunned!!

Last edited:
I agree. But I would imagine it is a product of needing more players to field a team, needing more coaches and more or less unpredictable numbers from year to year.

I'm sure in the past it's been numbers related - but it's definitely possible now with larger combined teams.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be against splitting teams up evenly if there are enough kids for 2 teams. It would develop a much deeper bench of talent - but I know the daddies would never be able to swallow their pride and make that happen, even though it's best for all of the kids.

It's hilarious how everyone says they're competitive, but would never split teams evenly and let the kids develop and compete. The pecking order has to do whatever they can to keep the pecking order. Opportunity shunned!!

I was going to say the same thing. It's mostly a numbers thing. How many kids are on a basketball high/stacked team? 10 or more? That is double the number of players that can be on the court at the same time. For a football team to have a high/stacked team it would make sense to have something similar, about double the number of players that can be on the field. That number would be 22. From reading this, there is only 1 program that could do that and is Cov Cath. Football is just a completely different ball game compared to basketball and baseball.

I was going to say the same thing. It's mostly a numbers thing. How many kids are on a basketball high/stacked team? 10 or more? That is double the number of players that can be on the court at the same time. For a football team to have a high/stacked team it would make to have something similar, about double the number of players that can be on the field. That number would be 22. From reading this, there is only 1 program that could do that and is Cov Cath. Football is just a completely different ball game compared to basketball and baseball.
We've literally heard of multiple teams having 50+ kids - it isn't just Cov Cath.

And you can also blow up the current mergers and shrink them to something that makes sense. Shrink the mergers, expand the number of teams for each program, you wont need more ref or field time. And then divide evenly and let more kids get opportunity, because right now, it's a mess.

I would also add Moeller, Elder, X, Lasalle, Badin, Mcnicholas have all benefited greatly from this league. Why would these football powers in one of the best football states in the country want to change the model that has helped them be successful? If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I would also add Moeller, Elder, X, Lasalle, Badin, Mcnicholas have all benefited greatly from this league. Why would they want these football powers in one of the best football states in the country want to change the model that has helped them be successful? If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Huh?

Restructuring the league, which is broken, isn't going to change kids going to these schools. They're still going to go there.

We've literally heard of multiple teams having 50+ kids - it isn't just Cov Cath.

And you can also blow up the current mergers and shrink them to something that makes sense. Shrink the mergers, expand the number of teams for each program, you wont need more ref or field time. And then divide evenly and let more kids get opportunity, because right now, it's a mess.

I think that makes more sense than stacking teams A and B. Basketball and baseball tryouts are already tough for coaches, parents, and players.

Like I said, which will be proven in time just like most other things I say years in advance - an independent league will snatch up these kids before real changes are made in the GCYL.

And everyone will complain about it instead of dealing with the issue pro-actively.

I think that makes more sense than stacking teams A and B. Basketball and baseball tryouts are already tough for coaches, parents, and players.
I agree - but do you think Johnny Legacy and Paul Panther are going to let their "stud" kid play with the B kids?

Cmon, don't you know Johnny Legacy threw 4 TDs against St X in 1996? His kid don't play with no B kid.

Sadly, this is the stark reality, which everyone here will say isn't true.

Huh?

Restructuring the league, which is broken, isn't going to change kids going to these schools. They're still going to go there.

You're missing the point. The league is these schools feeder systems or at least their biggest base of players. What I'm saying is what has worked for this league is in the best interest of these high schools I mentioned. There is no need to ruin that or risk ruining that pipeline for these schools. It is more than Player A goes to All Saints, he will go to Moeller regardless. The whole development from 1st to 8th grade for these kids is obviously working for these high schools and also the high number of players these schools get. Moeller and X are 80+ freshman players. Elder is always 60+ and usually 80+. Badin and McNicholas are having a lot of success. Fenwick is on the rise. All points to this league. Again, why change something that works so well for the current grade schoolers and then how that translates to high school success?

I was going to say the same thing. It's mostly a numbers thing. How many kids are on a basketball high/stacked team? 10 or more? That is double the number of players that can be on the court at the same time. For a football team to have a high/stacked team it would make sense to have something similar, about double the number of players that can be on the field. That number would be 22. From reading this, there is only 1 program that could do that and is Cov Cath. Football is just a completely different ball game compared to basketball and baseball.
Cov Cath pony has 17 or 18 kids. I don't think you would need 44 total; players but you would need at least 38 which would be a problem for certain schools in certain grades for Jude and Victory. I know James varsity has 45+ kids from a ton of different schools. I am in agreement of figuring out a way to better divide the schools.

You're missing the point. The league is these schools feeder systems or at least their biggest base of players. What I'm saying is what has worked for this league is in the best interest of these high schools I mentioned. There is no need to ruin that or risk ruining that pipeline for these schools. It is more than Player A goes to All Saints, he will go to Moeller regardless. The whole development from 1st to 8th grade for these kids is obviously working for these high schools and also the high number of players these schools get. Moeller and X are 80+ freshman players. Elder is always 60+ and usually 80+. Badin and McNicholas are having a lot of success. Fenwick is on the rise. All points to this league. Again, why change something that works so well for the current grade schoolers and then how that translates to high school success?
I'm not missing the point at all. The league doesn't exist for the benefit of the high schools, or at least it shouldn't.

The league should be about developing football talent, period. And right now, there are too many kids standing on the sideline and not playing, and mergers that in some cases, make no sense. It's a model that needs an upgrade.

The problem is, when these points of divergence come up, the leaders close the doors, and make decisions that will be beneficial for the few, when they should be looking at ways to make it more beneficial for everyone.

That has to be an alter. Nobody is that proud of a select team running up the score on 10-year-olds.
Your code word for “alternate” is lame and your claims untrue. Although I think it’s well known that you ban profiles. That 4th grade unselect team is special and it’s fun to watch and appreciate talent. I’ve never seen a more sour bunch of jealous dads in my life. Hilarious 🤣

I'm not missing the point at all. The league doesn't exist for the benefit of the high schools, or at least it shouldn't.

The league should be about developing football talent, period. And right now, there are too many kids standing on the sideline and not playing. It's a model that needs an upgrade.

I'm sure they will tweak something if it makes sense. Some of the ideas I have read here are too extreme. The evidence supporting not changing anything major this is the success of the high schools and how they benefit from the league.

I'm sure they will tweak something if it makes sense. Some of the ideas I have read here are too extreme. The evidence supporting not changing anything major this is the success of the high schools and how they benefit from the league.
Restructuring the league isn't going to impact the high schools. Why would it?

Even if a new independent league started, those kids would still end up at the same high schools.

Now, if you think changes or a new league would sway westside kids to further looking at other options than Elder, that's an Elder problem, not a league problem. It shouldn't be the league's job to ensure Elder gets football players. Elder should be doing their own work in that regard.

That's what you're really saying, and it's just another example of the Elder entitlement.

Restructuring the league isn't going to impact the high schools. Why would it?

Even if a new independent league started, those kids would still end up at the same high schools.

Now, if you think changes or a new league would sway westside kids to further looking at other options than Elder, that's an Elder problem, not a league problem. It shouldn't be the league's job to ensure Elder gets football players. Elder should be doing their own work in that regard.

That's what you're really saying, and it's just another example of the Elder entitlement.

All the talk has been about 1 program having twice the number of players as all of the other teams in the league. Restructuring because of 1 program is not necessary.

All the talk has been about 1 program having twice the number of players as all of the other teams in the league. Restructuring because of 1 program is not necessary.
There are several mergers that make no sense at all. Some have grown exponentially over the years, while others have 2 small schools that have combined. Do you live under a rock?

There are several mergers that make no sense at all. Some have grown exponentially over the years, while others have 2 small schools that have combined. Do you live under a rock?

I'm more interested in following Elder, so when you talk about blowing the league up that affects Elder's pipeline. I don't like it.

I'm more interested in following Elder, so when you talk about blowing the league up that affects Elder's pipeline. I don't like it.
That's exactly what I said LOL

I know your MO - you think the league is for Elder's benefit, and frankly, for alot of years, it seems Elder thought that as well. Another perfect example of the Elder entitlement attitude - that the league should be set up to Elder's liking and success.

Wake up - there are teams in the league from all across the city and NKY - this isn't a league by Elder for Elder. You guys are all the same - thinks the world, and the league, revolves around Elder.

Again, another example of people here completely proving my point, and failing to even fathom it.

You literally are so narrative driven you can't accept when you're actually wrong.
And to get back to a topic in this thread from a couple of weeks ago when my "narrative" about BOL parishes starting to move the needle in sports as well (when all of you said I was crazy) - word on the street is that Jude and Visitation are combining their basketball tournament next month.

To think sports aren't heading in this BOL parish direction as part of the plan is extremely naive.

Another thing I'm shunned for yet is now heading in that direction. It's funny how all of my "narratives" aren't narratives.

Wow, you’re creepy. Leave that child alone! Your obsession with Colonel Youth is weird.
I’m not calling out a child, the question is for the person who identified themselves as the “most dominate players mom”. I’m also not saying anyone has cheated. People push the limits of the rules all the time. It has been my experience that someone who would identify themselves like that would push those limits. I could very well be completely wrong and I hope I am. It is completely an opinion or guess.
I also don’t think Cov Cath is cheating but they have definitely pushed the limit of the rules and in the hopes of maintains a competitive league they should adjust the rule and separate the organization into 3 geographical teams.

You're out of your mind if you don't think this BOL consolidation is going to impact sports.

Like I said, if the GCYL has any vision whatsoever, it will be better for them to get a plan proposed that takes the BOL consolidation into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.