MVL 2022

Looking over the stats for the Piqua vs West Carrolton game that points out stats don't always mean everything.

West Carrolton ran 64 plays and Piqua ran 32. West Carrolton time of possession was 31:52 and Piqua's was 16:08.

West Carrolton couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot. If I was on the coaching staff I wouldn't let the snapper and punter leave the practice field everyday until they got 20 snaps right. You can't put your defense in that kind of bad situation repeatedly and expect to beat anyone. Don't get me wrong, the punter when he did get that snap wasn't great. But at least it went in the right direction.

I tried watching the Xenia vs Troy game on Youtube but had to turn it off because the streaming was breaking up a lot. I'll try and finish it later, but the next two Piqua games are going to interesting for sure. Either of them could find a way to bring Piqua down.

What is up with stadium progress at Tipp? Assumed it was construction delay but recently heard the stands failed inspection and they are backing out of playing at Butler next week. Want spectators to stand and watch or bring chairs! Would the league allow this? Should be another safety issue being around construction.

What is up with stadium progress at Tipp? Assumed it was construction delay but recently heard the stands failed inspection and they are backing out of playing at Butler next week. Want spectators to stand and watch or bring chairs! Would the league allow this? Should be another safety issue being around construction.

I'll be interested in hearing from the Tipp City folks on this. But you only have to have stands to accommodate your home crowd. You're not required to have stands for the visiting fans. So as long as Tipp gets home stands up, they can go back to hosting.

I'll be interested in hearing from the Tipp City folks on this. But you only have to have stands to accommodate your home crowd. You're not required to have stands for the visiting fans. So as long as Tipp gets home stands up, they can go back to hosting.
Visitor bleachers that accommodate about 300 people are already in place and finished. Home seating is still in the process of being completed, it should be done by Friday. However, after this season, the bleachers that were erected on the visitors side will be placed in the end zone, the home bleachers will be moved to the visitor side and new home bleachers with a much larger capacity will be installed.

Yes, but at the end of all this, they will have a great stadium at the park and it will still feel like home and not some sterilized massive stadium in the middle of a cornfield next to a highway
Tipp park stadium was never a great location to me. But maybe it can get the updates too make it worthy of the town. Tipp is a beautiful city.

Tipp park stadium was never a great location to me. But maybe it can get the updates too make it worthy of the town. Tipp is a beautiful city.
The park location is unlike most other schools which I like. If they get the stands fixed, then the only issue I see left is the parking which will always be terrible. So don't be late or bring your hiking shoes. The issue with dressing room facilities I find rather funny as the players are playing a game where they sweat all over each (I used to say play in the mud) so why the concern where they dress? The complainers about this should concentrate on player safety which I see lacking from some refs. I can take a bad call on the field but I cannot stand when they overlook dangerous play which can result in long term health issues for the players.

The city has been sitting on the football facility issue for decades, and frankly it's quite unacceptable with how they've gone about this process to get it updated, but at least it's in process now. Once it's done it'll be nice, but it really sucks for the players who are losing out on home games they watched the classes before them get to enjoy in their own facility.

Tipp did not impress me. The Unreal amount of penalties on Sidney's offensive line was the difference here.
B0E17515-1899-4A24-9E1C-E2CB84449A5E.jpeg

Last edited:
Tipp did not impress me. The Unreal amount of penalties on Sidney's offensive line was the difference here.View attachment 33202
Cool, did Tipp beating Bellbrook not impress you either? The last few years Tipp has almost always been outgained in yards when they win, it’s a byproduct of the way they play defense, but obviously the bend don’t break defense speaks for itself considering the amount of games Tipp has won the last 3 years. I’d say the difference here was Tipp is a better team who won the game by double digits.

As of today, it is looking like the game against Butler will be played at Sidney as the bleachers most likely will not be done by Friday. A final decision will be coming on Wednesday

Cool, did Tipp beating Bellbrook not impress you either? The last few years Tipp has almost always been outgained in yards when they win, it’s a byproduct of the way they play defense, but obviously the bend don’t break defense speaks for itself considering the amount of games Tipp has won the last 3 years. I’d say the difference here was Tipp is a better team who won the game by double digits.
All I am saying, is don't get too excited about beating a Bad Sidney team. It should have been WAY worse yet it wasn't.

All I am saying, is don't get too excited about beating a Bad Sidney team. It should have been WAY worse yet it wasn't.
All I know is Tipp won by double digits and if not for a fumble recovery for a TD with 20 seconds left it would have been 34-13. And I also know that Tipp beat a really good Bellbrook team a week ago, who just beat a good Miamisburg team.

Yes, but at the end of all this, they will have a great stadium at the park and it will still feel like home and not some sterilized massive stadium in the middle of a cornfield next to a highway
Honestly, I liked the extra space at Butler stadium as opposed to being packed in like sardines at the park. A stadium next to the high school would have been better, but I’ve heard there was some type of issue with the ground out there.

Honestly, I liked the extra space at Butler stadium as opposed to being packed in like sardines at the park. A stadium next to the high school would have been better, but I’ve heard there was some type of issue with the ground out there.
Maybe as a fan you liked the extra space, but having a packed stadium with fans practically right on the field helps to create a better home environment, we saw this when Tipp hosted a playoff game against Piqua in 2015. That atmosphere was electric

All I know is Tipp won by double digits and if not for a fumble recovery for a TD with 20 seconds left it would have been 34-13. And I also know that Tipp beat a really good Bellbrook team a week ago, who just beat a good Miamisburg team.
I'm sure you'll agree that Tipp is not as good as last years team. The penalties didn't help Sidney at all. I guess are lineman think there recievers now. I think there was 3 illegal man down field penalties.

That wasn't what killed Sidney, it was adjustments at halftime. Sidney does nothing and I'm sure Tipp got a big butt chewing at half time. It was over when Sidney went 3 and out to start the 3rd quarter.

I know I'm a broken record on here but its pathetic what these kids aren't learning. When you don't go over the game film with your team, how are they suppose to learn.

So, what happened in Tipp City that they figured out the stands were dilapidated mere weeks before the season? Sounds like a lot of kicking the can down the sidewalk for years. I can't believe a plan wasn't in place several years ago when the turf went in.

So, what happened in Tipp City that they figured out the stands were dilapidated mere weeks before the season? Sounds like a lot of kicking the can down the sidewalk for years. I can't believe a plan wasn't in place several years ago when the turf went in.
Absolutely agree. I'm surprised the stands didn't collapse or break in some sort before all this. Apparently the people in charge thought it was no big deal that Tipp wouldn't have a home field this year if they just left it until later. Shows that they have no interest in athletics facilities and think they don't matter at all.

They're lucky that a private fundraising group at least got the ball rolling in the last few years paying for the new turf and concession building. Those were actually done on a proper timeline avoiding most issues with scheduling. The stands are being done by the school/city and it's a nightmare. They pretty much ignored the problem for 20 years hoping someone would just donate money to do it all. That didn't happen and now they're being reactive instead of proactive.

Absolutely agree. I'm surprised the stands didn't collapse or break in some sort before all this. Apparently the people in charge thought it was no big deal that Tipp wouldn't have a home field this year if they just left it until later. Shows that they have no interest in athletics facilities and think they don't matter at all.

They're lucky that a private fundraising group at least got the ball rolling in the last few years paying for the new turf and concession building. Those were actually done on a proper timeline avoiding most issues with scheduling. The stands are being done by the school/city and it's a nightmare. They pretty much ignored the problem for 20 years hoping someone would just donate money to do it all. That didn't happen and now they're being reactive instead of proactive.
They were raising funds privately for the new stands and hadn’t reached their fundraising goal. What accelerated the entire process was that the bleachers did not pass inspections back in May, so the school board voted 3-2 to spend the money to pay for the new bleachers.

I'm sure you'll agree that Tipp is not as good as last years team. The penalties didn't help Sidney at all. I guess are lineman think there recievers now. I think there was 3 illegal man down field penalties.

That wasn't what killed Sidney, it was adjustments at halftime. Sidney does nothing and I'm sure Tipp got a big butt chewing at half time. It was over when Sidney went 3 and out to start the 3rd quarter.

I know I'm a broken record on here but its pathetic what these kids aren't learning. When you don't go over the game film with your team, how are they suppose to learn.
I agree, last years team was their best in awhile and they actually had good size in the trenches, however I can’t get over the fact that Tipp beat a really good Bellbrook team week 1, yes they didn’t blow out a bad Sidney team, but they won by double digits and that’s all you can ask, I think it’s more indicative of it being a bad week rather than Tipp not being good.

Crazy Troy and piqua week is just another week. Still odd to me playing week 3. Not nearly the rivalry it used to be. I can’t remember the time when both were really good. It’s usually one is good and the other isn’t for the last decade or so. Piqua will probably put up a running clock

I agree, last years team was their best in awhile and they actually had good size in the trenches, however I can’t get over the fact that Tipp beat a really good Bellbrook team week 1, yes they didn’t blow out a bad Sidney team, but they won by double digits and that’s all you can ask, I think it’s more indicative of it being a bad week rather than Tipp not being good.
Tipp has played 1.5 good games and half a bad game so far. The things that beat them the first half against Sidney were mostly things that are correctable, like not losing jump balls when the opponent just chucks up a prayer deep and pass defense in general. Offensively, Poronsky just needs to be a bit more patient running the ball as well, as he typically has a couple blockers ahead of him, but does a poor job of setting them up. Even with that, Tipp made adjustments at halftime and it wasn't much of a game after that. To your point from earlier, someone that simply looks at the box score and didn't watch the game may think Sidney should've been closer, but Tipp controlled the game completely after halftime (aside from the JV team fumbling the ball in the closing seconds haha).

We'll see if Tipp can clean things up these next couple weeks before they have 4 straight games against Stebbins, Xenia, Troy, and Piqua.

If Tipp didn't come out flat in the first half it would've been a blowout. We should've threw the ball deep to 2 more. That's what works for us.

It's not the kids fault but they don't understand the down blocking and pulling of the buck sweep yet. If we could clean that up, I think are running game could be decent.

Tipp vs Butler will officially be played at Sidney. Let us not forget that 2 sitting board members at Tipp stated they would rather the kids not play any homes games this year then “rush into a decision on building bleachers”