700 WLW

So Mike has a couple of regulars on Friday, a movie critic - Fat Guys at the Movies and Beer Dave. Do those segments trip anyone's trigger? I watch very few movies and I never look at a review before watching a movie. I just think it clouds your judgement, and I'm pretty easily entertained so most reviews are not correct for me. I don't drink so I guess the Beer Dave segment doesn't do anything for me either.

Be prepared to hear how hot you will be the next few days - you know, don't go outside and re-roof the house, run a marathon, etc. Since we can't think on our own, we'll be told how to behave. And this will be "record-breaking" heat. Because if you don't sensationalize it, no one pays attention.
Adam Sandler GIF

So Mike has a couple of regulars on Friday, a movie critic - Fat Guys at the Movies and Beer Dave. Do those segments trip anyone's trigger? I watch very few movies and I never look at a review before watching a movie. I just think it clouds your judgement, and I'm pretty easily entertained so most reviews are not correct for me. I don't drink so I guess the Beer Dave segment doesn't do anything for me either.
I'm with you on both of those, and if you miss Mike's movie reviews just stick around and Sloan will have his guy (who works for Disney) tell you about his latest reviews. On a walk last night my son wondered why they don't make simple but funny movies anymore?

Beer Dave- he was pretty good for six months or so but how many different beers are really necessary. I would rather hear a weekly segment on bitcoin valuations or the pros and cons of electric cars. Guess he knows his audience so we probably will continue to hear Mike complain about the latest IPA that he thinks is way too bitter.

As for movie reviews....
I put ZERO stock in a movie review from someone I dont know.

The ONLY reviews I care for are ones from family/friends whom I know their tastes and likes/dislikes. Other than that....DGAF

My temp says 89 degrees. Don't let the weather people get to you with the "feels like" temp. 89 degrees, we've had many, many days this year of 89 or better.

As for movie reviews....
I put ZERO stock in a movie review from someone I dont know.

The ONLY reviews I care for are ones from family/friends whom I know their tastes and likes/dislikes. Other than that....DGAF
My problem too is I'm pretty easily entertained. The movie has to be REALLY bad for me to criticize it. I have a pretty good idea just looking at the paragraph or two if I'll like it or not.

My problem too is I'm pretty easily entertained. The movie has to be REALLY bad for me to criticize it. I have a pretty good idea just looking at the paragraph or two if I'll like it or not.
yea, im in a bad rut wtih movies in such that if I havent already watched it and liked it...I aint even flipping to it.

Do like my Law and Order marathons but last night they kept playing a Pro Abortion commercial. It got quite annoying.

I'm with you on both of those, and if you miss Mike's movie reviews just stick around and Sloan will have his guy (who works for Disney) tell you about his latest reviews. On a walk last night my son wondered why they don't make simple but funny movies anymore?

Beer Dave- he was pretty good for six months or so but how many different beers are really necessary. I would rather hear a weekly segment on bitcoin valuations or the pros and cons of electric cars. Guess he knows his audience so we probably will continue to hear Mike complain about the latest IPA that he thinks is way too bitter.
This would be the Adam Sandler - Waterboy, Billy Madison, Mr. Deeds series? Simple dumb movies work for me.

I'm pretty sure Mike gets around to the beer festivals in the area, so this is an easy way to kill some time. But with Mike, his best skill is interaction with the listeners, and yet the station has him do that as little as possible. The 5-8 shift is awful! I'd guess it's about 45 minutes of news/ traffic / weather. Mike slides in a few stories but man it's tough. I just wonder if anyone really turns to Jay Ratliff and the airline report? I know that's sponsored by CVG so that's money for the station.

WLW is one of 5 finalists for the NAB 2022 Marconi Award for News/Talk station of the year
To be fair, they’re hardly the award they once were. A lot of stations syndicate national shows now. And your big names are moving to podcast. It’ll be interesting to see what happens as these long time voices we’re used to retire.

yea, im in a bad rut wtih movies in such that if I havent already watched it and liked it...I aint even flipping to it.

Do like my Law and Order marathons but last night they kept playing a Pro Abortion commercial. It got quite annoying.
Big fan of Law & Order, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU, the older ones. They seemed to keep getting more and more liberal as time went on.

One show I really liked that wasn't on long was Cold Case. It's not even on in reruns.

Big fan of Law & Order, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU, the older ones. They seemed to keep getting more and more liberal as time went on.

One show I really liked that wasn't on long was Cold Case. It's not even on in reruns.
Cold Case have reruns, but not enough if you ask me. I loved that show.

I hated the Criminal Intent Law and ORder

The reboot of LA this spring was not very good....only watched a couple and quit

A little frustrated with the WLW news people, so over the weekend, a Cincinnati police officer shot a killed a guy. Here is the details as we know them.
One guy - was driving erratically and nodding off. Officer pursues this person, stops them. They pull a gun out on the officer and aim to shoot. The officer shoots the guy 5 times and kills him. All this is on the officers body cam.
So from that point on, nearly all the reporting is as if the officer has to be justified in shooting the person? Where and when did we get here?
The George Floyd stuff is .01% of the negative police work. These police officers put their lives on the line everyday for us, and yet many get ridiculed and have to explain their actions.
I'm going to side with the police in about 99% of these incidents, regardless of what the body cam shows. If they felt they needed to pull their gun and shoot, so be it.
Oddly, in the same newscast there was a officer killed in the line of duty over the weekend as well.

What exactly are you disappointed in? They’ve covered the facts extensively. Not much to argue. The guy reached into the car, grabbed the gun, pointed at the officer and refused demands to put it down which resulted in him being shot. All caught on video.

A little frustrated with the WLW news people, so over the weekend, a Cincinnati police officer shot a killed a guy. Here is the details as we know them.
One guy - was driving erratically and nodding off. Officer pursues this person, stops them. They pull a gun out on the officer and aim to shoot. The officer shoots the guy 5 times and kills him. All this is on the officers body cam.
So from that point on, nearly all the reporting is as if the officer has to be justified in shooting the person? Where and when did we get here?
The George Floyd stuff is .01% of the negative police work. These police officers put their lives on the line everyday for us, and yet many get ridiculed and have to explain their actions.
I'm going to side with the police in about 99% of these incidents, regardless of what the body cam shows. If they felt they needed to pull their gun and shoot, so be it.
Oddly, in the same newscast there was a officer killed in the line of duty over the weekend as well.
Many people don’t believe actual facts! However they often do believe all the lying bs they hear from all over the place and if they want at all times!

Sandy Collins who does the news during the weekend..... is PURE liberal....

Sandy Collins who does the news during the weekend..... is PURE liberal....
She may be, but I feel the copy is written and the news people simply read what's written. It just amazes me that the media doesn't just report the facts and has to interject their opinions. I think a new PSA should center on how citizens should act when confronted by the police.
Chris Rock did a spoof on this years ago and it's hilarious, but it's also 1000% true. OBEY THE LAW - USE COMMON SENSE -

I feel we have an entire generation that's been coddled by society to feel that there are no repercussions to breaking laws. Heck now in some cities police can't even chase people anymore.

She may be, but I feel the copy is written and the news people simply read what's written. It just amazes me that the media doesn't just report the facts and has to interject their opinions. I think a new PSA should center on how citizens should act when confronted by the police.
Chris Rock did a spoof on this years ago and it's hilarious, but it's also 1000% true. OBEY THE LAW - USE COMMON SENSE -

I feel we have an entire generation that's been coddled by society to feel that there are no repercussions to breaking laws. Heck now in some cities police can't even chase people anymore.
Police departments don’t chase anymore because of the danger and liability. That and because they hire chiefs who’ve been butt kissers their entire career and have no backbone

his 9pm to midnight show got me hooked on WLW... and of course Trumpy
Was on a double date decades ago and wlw was on with that show. At first...the girls were poop, gross. But after we got back into the car she was flipping channels amd asked......what channel was that on again?

Was on a double date decades ago and wlw was on with that show. At first...the girls were poop, gross. But after we got back into the car she was flipping channels amd asked......what channel was that on again?
i use to get made fun of from friends from listening to WLW.......