2022 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massillon over WW, don’t see that happening. Will take a very talented QB to pass on WW secondary which is the best in the state all divisions. They will load the box and dare you to throw. Current Massillon QB is a runner not a passer. WW wins it all in D2
Runner not a passer huh? News to all of us that watched him throw for 1400 yards and 16 Touchdowns as a Freshman. Had a total gain of 26 yards and loss of 101 and his net was -75 rushing lol. When you don’t know what you’re talking about it’s probably a good idea not to speak on it. Unless you’re talking about Mr. McElroy from last year. But our Current QB is absolutely a passer that can run.

Side note: Just for the record Jalen is told not to run. At least last year. And I can confirm this

Last edited:
Massillon over WW, don’t see that happening. Will take a very talented QB to pass on WW secondary which is the best in the state all divisions. They will load the box and dare you to throw. Current Massillon QB is a runner not a passer. WW wins it all in D2
Not that I disagree with the premise of your post but your statement about Massillon’s QB shows that you don’t know anything about Massillon

Runner not a passer huh? News to all of us that watched him throw for 1400 yards and 16 Touchdowns as a Freshman. Had a total gain of 26 yards and loss of 101 and his net was -75 lol. When you don’t know what you’re talking about it’s probably a good idea not to speak on it. Unless you’re talking about Mr. McElroy from last year. But our Current QB is absolutely a passer that can run.

Side note: Just for the record Jalen is told not to run. At least last year. And I can confirm this
He is average passer at best. I like his athletic ability. That secondary is one of the best units I have every seen. No chance he is effective against them. WW has to be the favorite as returning champs, but maybe we will see.

Before St.V- St.M moved to upgrading their schedule and LeBron James played at Massillon, as an 8th grader, obviously his game was still developing.

The fact he played at all, demonstrated his talent and what his future would be like.

He is average passer at best. I like his athletic ability. That secondary is one of the best units I have every seen. No chance he is effective against them. WW has to be the favorite as returning champs, but maybe we will see.
As Dennis Green once said….

Look, beating WW is going to be a tall task, same with Hoban, same with LaSalle....Avon....TCC....etc....but after getting waxed by them in '17....NOBODY thought we would beat them the following year. After losing to Hoban for the title....NOBODY thought we would beat them the following year. After losing to LaSalle....NOBODY thought we would beat them the following year. So we may win, we may lose, we may not make it that far, we may not even make the playoffs (just kidding). But let's just enjoy watching this young young team develop. We had a ton of freshmen and sophomores on the field all at the same time last year. Let's play it out and see what happens.

Heck, maybe they'll cancel the playoffs and award us another title. :sneaky:

Look, beating WW is going to be a tall task, same with Hoban, same with LaSalle....Avon....TCC....etc....but after getting waxed by them in '17....NOBODY thought we would beat them the following year. After losing to Hoban for the title....NOBODY thought we would beat them the following year. After losing to LaSalle....NOBODY thought we would beat them the following year. So we may win, we may lose, we may not make it that far, we may not even make the playoffs (just kidding). But let's just enjoy watching this young young team develop. We had a ton of freshmen and sophomores on the field all at the same time last year. Let's play it out and see what happens.

Heck, maybe they'll cancel the playoffs and award us another title. :sneaky:
But you didn’t lose to WW last year. You lost to Green. Beating Green will be a tall task. Best of luck this season.

No doubt Winton Woods is the favorite. Not many will argue with that. But my Quarterback is definitely not an average passer lol and you say at best. That kid came in at Massillon and played as well as you can expect from a freshman. 8th grade football to varsity football at Massillon is a huge jump for any kid. Now he’s had a full season under his belt. You don’t think that he hasn’t improved a lot from last year? Lol he’s been all over the place this spring/summer working his arse off trying to get better at camps at big programs and getting great feedback. He has a private quarterback coach whom he works with as well. Jalen has a lot of work to do but what 15 year old doesn’t? I’ll bet on my Sophomore quarterback he’s going to be much better this year than last year and good luck to Winton Woods they have a great program.

Last edited:
No doubt Winton Woods is the favorite. Not many will argue with that. But my Quarterback is definitely not an average passer lol and you say at best. That kid came in at Massillon and played as well as you can expect from a freshman. 8th grade football to varsity football at Massillon is a huge jump for any kid. Now he’s had a full season under his belt. You don’t think that he hasn’t improved a lot from last year? Lol he’s been all over the place this spring/summer working his arse off trying to get better at camps at big programs and getting great feedback. He has a private quarterback coach whom he works with as well. Jalen has a lot of work to do but what 15 year old doesn’t? I’ll bet on my Sophomore quarterback he’s going to be much better this year than last year and good luck to Winton Woods they have a great program.
well said, I agree, you get into those last 2 rounds everyone is really good, some just a little better than others whether it's talent, health or coaching and even a little luck, it's always going to be a battle.

Let’s be real, although nobody expected the season to end at the hands of Green, a “down” year was expected. The class of ‘21 had a ton of good players and guys that went D1. Brawley’s recent offer by OU made him the only player in the class of ‘22 to go D1. Then throw in the fact that the best player on the team got hurt in week 5 and was pretty much out the rest of the year.

LaSalle had one the best db units and Massillon threw on them. Yes, Massillon lost that game but it’s not something they haven’t seen. WW and Massillon might not even play this year so who knows.

Devonta Smith, Jaylen Johnson, Issa Jarmon, Jayant Mundy
>
Jermaine Matthews and Cam Calhoun

Let’s be real, although nobody expected the season to end at the hands of Green, a “down” year was expected. The class of ‘21 had a ton of good players and guys that went D1. Brawley’s recent offer by OU made him the only player in the class of ‘22 to go D1. Then throw in the fact that the best player on the team got hurt in week 5 and was pretty much out the rest of the year.
That definitely changed things when he got hurt. The positive out of that was Freddie getting a lot of touches and now this year teams will have to stop both of those boys. If we gel upfront good luck with those two

Worst case scenario,5 and 4. Losses to Moeller, edds, Delaware, McKinley.
We pull out two of those and we're 7 and 2. Either way we make the playoffs and mature at the right time.

I guess some of our Tiger posters aren’t members of the Optimist Club.??‍♂️ LOL.

Last edited:
Won’t go unbeaten but im very optimistic this team gels at the right time and go deep into the playoffs again.
What Im confident in the most defensively is Moore, Wright, and Bond up front. Clark, Fair, and Pringle at Linebacker. And Lenix, and Welch at the Corner spots. They will be much improved from last year in coverage. That’s 8 guys from last year and these young men will lead a heckuva defense. The rest of the open positions we will see how that plays out and what other guys will step up and earn some playing time. Offensively we know Moore, Snodgrass, Mercurio, and if healthy Jones will man our front. We have two stud backs in Hartson and Lennix. Also keep an eye out for Gamble. He’s a step slower than Freddie and just a sophomore. He’s going to be a stud. We have Our stud WR in Banks back. And we have a QB that played in a bunch of games last year and started the majority of them. The kid has a ton of potential. I’m pretty confident in saying we won’t lose many games even as tough as the schedule possibly is. Obviously we have to stay healthy as well. Be optimistic guys there’s a lot to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.