Favorite HS FB stadium?

It doesn't change the sightlines. You can't suddenly hear more or see more.

People complaining about tracks are people that always have to find something to complain about.
You cant hear more when you are closer?
You can't see better when you are closer?

Nobody is "complaining" about a track. We are saying we like being closer to the action, and that can happen in a venue without a track. I like Piqua and Sidney. I prefer Sidney because there is no track, and the laws of physics on the planet that I live on say I can in fact hear see and hear better when I am closer.

Until very recently, my season ticket holder seat was probably 4/5 all the way up at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium on the 45-yard line. It afforded me a very good panoramic view of games. But because of deteriorating health issues, I can no longer make it up to that seat; I now sit 9 rows up on the 32-yard line. Even though I do not have a panoramic view of the game now, I personally feel much closer to the game action along with getting to hear the interactions between players and the coaches. I'm able to make up for the loss of the panoramic view when the game is beyond my sight of view by following the live plays that are monitored on a large sized screen on the scoreboard. Both my high seat and lower seat has their advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:
To everyone saying I'm wrong about the distance to the field compared to the height, I want you to go to a game at The Pit, and make sure you sit in the front row at the 50 yard line. You will be closer to the action than probably any venue in the state. Tell me how great your viewing experience will be.

As I stated before, the distance from the field does very little to your viewing compared to your elevation.

I have not been to Wadsworth's new stadium but it looks really cool and I like the park like setting. Does appear to have limited parking though, anyone that has been to a game there care to elaborate?

1786.jpg
I went to a game there about 2 years ago, I was very impressed with the stadium, nice setting, but the parking is a little lacking.

As I stated before, the distance from the field does very little to your viewing compared to your elevation.
"That 30 feet does not make a difference at all, and the people who say it does are lying to themselves"
"It doesn't change the sightlines. You can't suddenly hear more or see more"

If you had said "compared to your elevation" before, nobody would be giving you crap.
I agree with that.

"That 30 feet does not make a difference at all, and the people who say it does are lying to themselves"
"It doesn't change the sightlines. You can't suddenly hear more or see more"

If you had said "compared to your elevation" before, nobody would be giving you crap.
I agree with that.
"Being higher or lower definitely impacts your view exponentially more than a track"

That is exactly what I typed after "That 30 feet does not make a difference at all, and the people who say it does are lying to themselves."

I stand by my statement that a track does not take away from your viewing experience, but you know, complainers have to complain.

You cant hear more when you are closer?
You can't see better when you are closer?

Nobody is "complaining" about a track. We are saying we like being closer to the action, and that can happen in a venue without a track. I like Piqua and Sidney. I prefer Sidney because there is no track, and the laws of physics on the planet that I live on say I can in fact hear see and hear better when I am closer.
I think what he's 9and other "track don't matter" flunkies) really saying is he should get to determine what we consider our favorite. ? They also do not seem to understand the difference between viewing and perception.

I suppose we could do the spherical trig and compare that to spatial sampling frequencies of eye cones, ignoring the effects of the Laplacian and cultural cognitive perceptual process after all that data has been turned to discrete nerve impulses. That should give us a good comparative measures of viewing angles with and without tracks and at various elevations. Or the whiney little puzzfarts on attack could just come to the human calculation that different people like different things.

Last edited:
I think what he's 9and other "track don't matter" flunkies) really saying is he should get to determine what we consider our favorite. ? They also do not seem to understand the difference between viewing and perception.

I suppose we could do the spherical trig and compare that to spatial sampling frequencies of eye cones, ignoring the effects of the Laplacian and cultural cognitive perceptual process after all that data has been turned to discrete nerve impulses. That should give us a good comparative measures of viewing angles with and without tracks and at various elevations. Or the whiney little puzzfarts on attack could just come to the human calculation that different people like different things.
We could absolutely do some trig for viewing angles and some hearing analyses. But we can do the hearing part fairly easily.
Let's say for example, the average grandstand is 30 feet away from the sideline for those stadiums without tracks and those with tracks would be 60 feet away. That difference in loudness would only decrease 6 decibels. So, the amount you are hearing is less than negligible since a whisper is between 20-30 decibels.

No other website gives you the riveting discussion topics...

"the track being around the field takes away from the experience"

"30 feet does not make a difference"

...like Yappi does.
shows how bored we are. We need football to talk about. I've even been telling lies about how good the '85 Rams were.

IMO, top six high school football stadiums in Ohio:

1. Harding Stadium , Steubenville
2. Benson Stadium, (formerly Fawcett Stadium), Canton McKinley
3. Tiger Stadium, Massillon
4. Mollenkopf Stadium, Warren
5. Boulton Stadium (Byers Field), Parma
6. Moorehead Memorial, Upper Arlington

To me it is not the same since they tore down old Harding HS; has no sense of place. It also has a very disjointed feel like it was just dropped down into an open brown field with no architectural integrity.
Di1VK44X4AAIcTT.jpg
Which is the home side???

I have not been to Wadsworth's new stadium but it looks really cool and I like the park like setting. Does appear to have limited parking though, anyone that has been to a game there care to elaborate?

1786.jpg
It's been a few years since I've been there (SL switching to two conferences) but parking wasn't always great. You can park in the open field to the SW of the stadium. Once that is full, people park along Park Drive. After a few years, we started parking on Grandview Ave. Not too bad of a walk from there and easier to get out.

1652471658714.png

We could absolutely do some trig for viewing angles and some hearing analyses. But we can do the hearing part fairly easily.
Let's say for example, the average grandstand is 30 feet away from the sideline for those stadiums without tracks and those with tracks would be 60 feet away. That difference in loudness would only decrease 6 decibels. So, the amount you are hearing is less than negligible since a whisper is between 20-30 decibels.
The tracks I've seen, there is usually a fence, sidewalk, and then walkway in the stands. Definitely adds more than 30 feet. I went to a game at Steubenville and was less than 20 feet from the playing field. We could hear everything the coaches and officials were saying. My normal home seats are 100+ feet from the field. At home games, I've rarely heard a coach say anything and can hear the officials only when they had a microphone.

We'll accept your 1/4th for granted and say, you ought to understand better db. 20-26db is hughly different than 50-56 or 90-96db. You'll remove the word "only," in pressure alone, let alone acoustics. The difference in perception is even more profound. 6db is an interesting figure you chose as it's been researched headphones need to be 6db higher than open air speakers in order to present the same "sound" to the listener. Acousticss, perceptions, congnitive processes....

Regards tracks or no tracks. Going to a game is a social experience for most. That "closeness" to others and those on the sidelines and on the field presented in a stadium with no track is part of the experience. "Complaining" about tracks isnt someone looking for a reason to be unhappy. It's someone looking to not be severely autistic. Same reason some just prefer the fence. It's a social place to be, to feel connected to the other people at the fence, usually the best of people in the park, as well connection to nature, the game, the bathrooms, the concessions .... And from ground angle, where the best people hang, a track is just unacceptable.

Last edited:
We'll accept your 1/4th for granted and say, you ought to understand better db. 20-26db is hughly different than 50-56 or 90-96db. You'll remove the word "only," in pressure alone, let alone acoustics. The difference in perception is even more profound. 6db is an interesting figure you chose as it's been researched headphones need to be 6db higher than open air speakers in order to present the same "sound" to the listener. Acousticss, perceptions, congnitive processes....

Regards tracks or no tracks. Going to a game is a social experience for most. That "closeness" to others and those on the sidelines and on the field presented in a stadium with no track is part of the experience. "Complaining" about tracks isnt someone looking for a reason to be unhappy. It's someone looking to not be severely autistic. Same reason some just prefer the fence. It's a social place to be, to feel connected to the other people at the fence, usually the best of people in the park, as well connection to nature, the game, the bathrooms, the concessions .... And from ground angle, where the best people hang, a track is just unacceptable.
I literally cannot comprehend most of this. Can you please try again so this can be understood.

I chose 6db because that's how sound works, I didn't make it up.

The visitor's side is bigger?
They are likely about the same number of seats.
The Home side was much bigger before they tore it down and put in the new cement stands that you now see. Some Warren fans choose to sit on the Visitor side also, but the stadium doesn’t need to be as big as it once was.
Additionally, the Visitor side lower half, is in bad shape and will be redone.

The tracks I've seen, there is usually a fence, sidewalk, and then walkway in the stands. Definitely adds more than 30 feet. I went to a game at Steubenville and was less than 20 feet from the playing field. We could hear everything the coaches and officials were saying. My normal home seats are 100+ feet from the field. At home games, I've rarely heard a coach say anything and can hear the officials only when they had a microphone.
I think that maybe a good thing...mothers maybe surprised by what their children may say....lol....I said maybe...lol