Senate: Tim Ryan vs J.D. Vance

Who wins in November?

• Tim Ryan

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • J.D. Vance

Votes: 68 78.2%

• Total voters
It can't happen for a slew of reasons, but it would be great if there was a political ad season like there is a deer hunting gun season.

Perhaps you can start exactly 4 weeks before election day. Is anyone really paying attention until then anyway? And how often have you had someone say, "You know, I was going to vote for that guy, but I saw/heard an ad in July and decided to go the other way." I guess its value may be in name recognition and subliminal messaging rather than overt influence.

I like how he’s saying I’m basically a Republican, vote for me
Does he carry a gun? Does he support Roe? Is he saying, “well, Putin does have a point”? Does he believeTrump’s Big Lie? Is he standing in front of a church holding a bible upside down and over his head (one of my favorite images)? Then I wouldn’t say he’s a Republican.

It can't happen for a slew of reasons, but it would be great if there was a political ad season like there is a deer hunting gun season.

Perhaps you can start exactly 4 weeks before election day. Is anyone really paying attention until then anyway? And how often have you had someone say, "You know, I was going to vote for that guy, but I saw/heard an ad in July and decided to go the other way." I guess its value may be in name recognition and subliminal messaging rather than overt influence.
Not a bad idea, but ad season would have to include GOP primary season. Those are the best ads.

Does he carry a gun? Does he support Roe? Is he saying, “well, Putin does have a point”? Does he believeTrump’s Big Lie? Is he standing in front of a church holding a bible upside down and over his head (one of my favorite images)? Then I wouldn’t say he’s a Republican.

I don't Fit into your Mold of Assumptions !!

Tim Ryan says in his Ad ... "My party got it wrong"

worth Repeating it ...... Democrats got it Wrong !!!

Did he learn from Traficant?

1.2 million people voted in the Repub primary. 600K in the Dem, down 80K from last primary.

It won't be close. Vance should win by 8-10 points.
These figures are meaningless. The Republican primary was a hotly contested one, with significant media coverage and big ad spending. The Dem primary was essentially uncontested. People come out when primaries are hotly contested and get significant media coverage. Now the fact that Trump won Ohio by 8 points makes your 8-10 point win a real possibility depending on turnout. The key will be how many of the Matt Dolan voters can Ryan swing to his side. Those voters clearly were looking for something different than other four R candidates were offering. It will also depend on voter turnout.

I like how he’s saying I’m basically a Republican, vote for me
Don't believe a word of it. I think of the D congressman ( he was a man) ran out side of Pittsburgh area and sounded like a R and promised he would vote as own man and promised to vote way more conservative. How did that work out he got elected and he has toed the party line and voted as told and has never once that I know of voted against the party line. Say anything you must to get elected, lie if you must, once elected you will have no trouble getting reelected as a D this seems to be the plan and it works well it seems.

These figures are meaningless. The Republican primary was a hotly contested one, with significant media coverage and big ad spending. The Dem primary was essentially uncontested. People come out when primaries are hotly contested and get significant media coverage. Now the fact that Trump won Ohio by 8 points makes your 8-10 point win a real possibility depending on turnout. The key will be how many of the Matt Dolan voters can Ryan swing to his side. Those voters clearly were looking for something different than other four R candidates were offering. It will also depend on voter turnout.
Those numbers are historic in terms of a 2-1 difference in voter turnout. They mean SOMETHING. What that something exactly means is arguable, but let's say the numbers were reversed. What would they mean then? Something very troubling for Repubs in a state that has gone from purple to red recently. It says something about enthusiasm and how red the state may be getting. But we will see.

Vance or Ryan?
Heads Or Tails Flip GIF by Hollyoaks

So before he saw how Trump would govern....
Trump did not govern. That said, he hated everybody he said he was going to hate. Trying to claim, JD suddenly became impressed with Trump is LOL funny.

Trump did not govern. That said, he hated everybody he said he was going to hate. Trying to claim, JD suddenly became impressed with Trump is LOL funny.
Of course he did. His policies had the country going in the right direction.

Just like a lot of conservatives who weren't sure what they were going to get out of Trump 🤷‍♂️

The Dispatch is a rag. Ryan is a proven fraud. He even admits it without knowing it. He says that he is not a democrat or republican in one of his TV lies. However, he has no problem taking millions of democrat dollars for his campaign that he states he is a democrat. What a load of crap.

The Dispatch is a rag. Ryan is a proven fraud. He even admits it without knowing it. He says that he is not a democrat or republican in one of his TV lies. However, he has no problem taking millions of democrat dollars for his campaign that he states he is a democrat. What a load of crap.

Yep.

Ryan is a phony and his voting record is atrocious. He'd have a hard time working at a real job.

Yep.

Ryan is a phony and his voting record is atrocious. He'd have a hard time working at a real job.
He will be on his knees to the Biden administration begging for a job. Maybe he can be Ambassador to Gophuckyouselfia

C-Bus Dispatch Op-Ed taking down JD Vance

and yet Taxin Timmy loves TRUMP.... you know I heard he voted for Trump...or something like that......

by the way next time Uncle Joe is in Ohio, you think Taxin Timmy will find time in his schedule to stand on stage with the President of the United States.... Isn't Biden a Democrat? isn't Timmy a Democrat?