Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigerball of old, and even in the DSJ heyday, they would run run run run run run run run squirrel run run run run and BAM, break your back with a TD pass.
Did you see Penn State run straight T for a TD?
Carlisle wants to do the same thing.

Kirtland can throw it.
Yes they can. Their top wide receiver is Gage Sullivan. He is 6’3” or 6’4”, pretty good speed, and great at high pointing on jump balls. On the year (10 games, 9 regular season, 1 playoff) he has ~ 36 catches, 750 yards, 16 TDs…plus 3 or 4 rushing TDs)…more often than not he is in 1 on 1 coverage as most defenses stack the box in an attempt to stop their ground game

Yes they can. Their top wide receiver is Gage Sullivan. He is 6’3” or 6’4”, pretty good speed, and great at high pointing on jump balls. On the year (10 games, 9 regular season, 1 playoff) he has ~ 36 catches, 750 yards, 16 TDs…plus 3 or 4 rushing TDs)…more often than not he is in 1 on 1 coverage as most defenses stack the box in an attempt to stop their ground game
Stand corrected.

On a sad note...thoughts and prayers to our brothers And sisters in New Knoxville. Their super talented VB coach's husband died in a car accident today. I believe they have a very young child at home.

Th rangers are scheduled to play Thursday in regional volleyball action.

God Bless.

On a sad note...thoughts and prayers to our brothers And sisters in New Knoxville. Their super talented VB coach's husband died in a car accident today. I believe they have a very young child at home.

Th rangers are scheduled to play Thursday in regional volleyball action.

God Bless.
just heard that from my son......thoughts and prayers with the family.....

Not sure, but two years ago they had a sophomore receiver who was making insane leaping grabs in the finals. If he’s still on the team, I imagine they can throw it.
Meant for this reply here but yes he is still on the team: Their top wide receiver is senior Gage Sullivan. He is 6’3” or 6’4”, pretty good speed, and great at high pointing on jump balls. On the year (10 games, 9 regular season, 1 playoff) he has ~ 36 catches, 750 yards, 16 TDs…plus 3 or 4 rushing TDs)…more often than not he is in 1 on 1 coverage as most defenses stack the box in an attempt to stop their ground game

Did you see Penn State run straight T for a TD?
Carlisle wants to do the same thing.

Just to throw some stats out there. Carlisle is typically one dimensional for the most part. Yes they pound the middle but that also opens up the outside. It seems as though we found another dimension....

Kole Larison Stats last 5 games:

20/27 for 302 yards and 7 touchdowns

Doesn't sound like much but this is a totally different team from early on in the season. Our main back is Talon Borders who has rushed for 1,500 yards this year with 14 Touchdowns. We have another back who pounds the ball down your throat. He has 758 yard with 7 touchdowns this year. He's a bigger and stronger back than Borders. Borders is about 5"7 160 but is very fast and shifty.

Just thought i would share some knowledge about Carlisle and what they bring to the table. Hopefully everyone stays safe and goes home healthy! Looking forward to a great game.

One thing that will help Versailles prepare is a good scout team. Versailles's third and 4th string half backs are very solid along with many junior lineman getting some fun time in during the week.
That's what separates good from superior. Versailles always had exceptional scout teams. Depth creates excellence.

Just to throw some stats out there. Carlisle is typically one dimensional for the most part. Yes they pound the middle but that also opens up the outside. It seems as though we found another dimension....

Kole Larison Stats last 5 games:

20/27 for 302 yards and 7 touchdowns

Doesn't sound like much but this is a totally different team from early on in the season. Our main back is Talon Borders who has rushed for 1,500 yards this year with 14 Touchdowns. We have another back who pounds the ball down your throat. He has 758 yard with 7 touchdowns this year. He's a bigger and stronger back than Borders. Borders is about 5"7 160 but is very fast and shifty.

Just thought i would share some knowledge about Carlisle and what they bring to the table. Hopefully everyone stays safe and goes home healthy! Looking forward to a great game.
HOLE Field in Versailles is ready for home game against Carlisle.

Attachments

• 20211103_185013.jpg
    20211103_185013.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20211103_185006.jpg
    20211103_185006.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20211103_185021.jpg
    20211103_185021.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 64
Beautiful.
The best place to play a game in the MAC bar none.
and since they joined the MAC the officials are selected by the league instead of locally so you dont get the screw job like ya used to!!!
Wait, a flag was just thrown to call back an opposing teams TD from the late 90s......

but anyways...MUCH nicer than back in the 90s and such. It truly was a 'hole' back in the day.

That's what separates good from superior. Versailles always had exceptional scout teams. Depth creates excellence.
Numbers.

That is why participation #s are so important. The more kids that go out, the more likelihood you capture as many athletes as possible, creates competition and gives the best possible look on the scout teams. Does no good for the Varsity first team to go against a bunch of undersized FROSH/SOPH who provide little to no resistance.

Beautiful.
The best place to play a game in the MAC bar none.
If you can find a seat ( get rid of that press box on the visitor side ). IMO CW has the best stadium, most seating for visitors. ML if they would expand visitor seating ( no track on the visitor side ) would be the best but other than when CW comes to town no need for extra seating.

Last edited:
and since they joined the MAC the officials are selected by the league instead of locally so you dont get the screw job like ya used to!!!
Wait, a flag was just thrown to call back an opposing teams TD from the late 90s......

but anyways...MUCH nicer than back in the 90s and such. It truly was a 'hole' back in the day.
Are you inferring that when you played at a certain school in the 90's you got homered ?

If you can find a seat ( get rid of that press box on the visitor side ). IMO CW has the best stadium, most seating for visitors. ML if they would expand visitor seating ( no track on the visitor side ) would be the best but other than when CW comes to town no need for extra seating.
While I have never sat on the CW visitors side I am unsure if I would agree with that assessment. The first 5-7 rows are worthless because they took the cheap way out and didn't build up the bleachers.

What I do like about CW's set up is where the field is located. Next to the park, houses, etc, a community feel as people can walk to the games from their homes and such.

Are you inferring that when you played at a certain school in the 90's you got homered ?
My teams, personally? No. We just sucked.
More of just a lil friendly jab like the field watering incident with MSML. To my knowledge, CW and MSML were the only two to really play Versailles often pre-MAC and it was not uncommon to count on one TD/game to get called back but that was the old days.

I want to say back in the day the visitors seating was just concrete build into the hill?

It has since become the nicest place in the league if you ask me.

congrats to the guys that get that field ready..... not a better field or atmosphere in the area....
What creates atmosphere is big games.
While I have never sat on the CW visitors side I am unsure if I would agree with that assessment. The first 5-7 rows are worthless because they took the cheap way out and didn't build up the bleachers.
That is true of most visitor seating including Versailles. Best part of Versailles stadium is the hill for kids to slide down. Plus the french fries.

just the set up at Hole field makes it the best.....no matter how many visitor seats are added to ML field..... now if i could talk Minster into moving the track......LOL!!!

What creates atmosphere is big games.

That is true of most visitor seating including Versailles. Best part of Versailles stadium is the hill for kids to slide down.
Not really, most I recall are built up a little bit as you have to go up stairs to get that first row. CW it starts at ground level and the only time the first 5-6 rows are used is if it gets filled up. They are always the last seats to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.