Midwest Athletic Conference 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just pissed they put 5-7 on the same day. I actually prefer Saturday games as I have more time to do whatever before the games but prefer to be able to see a game both Fri and Sat to support the other teams in the league.

One of the unsung great moments of playoff football is watching your league rivals come and support your team.
I agree completely. There was several games last week and more this week that I would've liked to watch between the NWC, BVC, and MAC, but with them all being the same night I'll miss all the other fun matchups as long as Grove is in it

I am just pissed they put 5-7 on the same day. I actually prefer Saturday games as I have more time to do whatever before the games but prefer to be able to see a game both Fri and Sat to support the other teams in the league.

One of the unsung great moments of playoff football is watching your league rivals come and support your team.

I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with thavoice. "One of the unsung great moments of playoff football is watching your league rivals come and support your team." Very much like to go and support other MAC schools wearing our green. Have done this many times and met many friends this way.

I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with thavoice. "One of the unsung great moments of playoff football is watching your league rivals come and support your team." Very much like to go and support other MAC schools wearing our green. Have done this many times and met many friends this way.
Then you must be wrong, often!

Yeah, it is always great to see, and attend and support, our MAC brethren. Remember a few years ago bit John D from The Stein show up, giving high five with his crutches and all!

I agree completely. There was several games last week and more this week that I would've liked to watch between the NWC, BVC, and MAC, but with them all being the same night I'll miss all the other fun matchups as long as Grove is in it
so how good is Columbus Grove? seen a few of their replays.....

so how good is Columbus Grove? seen a few of their replays.....
Good but completely different style team than last year. Offensively only averaging 3 points a game less than last year but much heavier with the run game and play action. Colin Metzger is back at RB and averaging about 130 yards a game while being pulled in the 2nd half of 4-5 games. 2 junior tight ends are playing really well too which gives high school teams all kinds of problems

The defense this year has been lights out, probably the best Grove defense since the state championship in 2003. They're only giving up 6.9 points per game through 11 games so far, 3 out of the last 5 games have been shutouts and they've only allowed 14 points since week 6. Through 11 games last year they gave up 20 some points a game. Special teams have been incredible too with Rece Verhoff back as a senior. Grove's average starting field position is their own 43 yard line and opponents is their own 25.

The next 3 weeks will be fun, I think Grove handles Liberty Center - I don't think their offense is good enough to move the ball effectively on Grove. If they can get up by 2 possessions they can win against anyone by suffocating them with special teams and defense.

Archbold comes out of that region to face Mechanicsburg.
I wouldn't be shocked if it's Grove, Tinora or Carey.. the Grove/LC game will tell us a ton this weekend, the winner of Carey/Tinora will make it to the regional championship. All 3 are the same style of tough, physical football that seems to give Archbold the most problems

Good but completely different style team than last year. Offensively only averaging 3 points a game less than last year but much heavier with the run game and play action. Colin Metzger is back at RB and averaging about 130 yards a game while being pulled in the 2nd half of 4-5 games. 2 junior tight ends are playing really well too which gives high school teams all kinds of problems

The defense this year has been lights out, probably the best Grove defense since the state championship in 2003. They're only giving up 6.9 points per game through 11 games so far, 3 out of the last 5 games have been shutouts and they've only allowed 14 points since week 6. Through 11 games last year they gave up 20 some points a game. Special teams have been incredible too with Rece Verhoff back as a senior. Grove's average starting field position is their own 43 yard line and opponents is their own 25.

The next 3 weeks will be fun, I think Grove handles Liberty Center - I don't think their offense is good enough to move the ball effectively on Grove. If they can get up by 2 possessions they can win against anyone by suffocating them with special teams and defense.
enjoy the ride...

I wouldn't be shocked if it's Grove, Tinora or Carey.. the Grove/LC game will tell us a ton this weekend, the winner of Carey/Tinora will make it to the regional championship. All 3 are the same style of tough, physical football that seems to give Archbold the most problems
It will be very interesting how this plays out to the semifinals.

I would have to believe the state will match West Jeff with Mechanicsburg due to their proximity. That will leave the likes of CG/Arch vs NMS and that is a very tough draw for CG/Archbold.

MAC Week 2 Playoff Predictions :
Korner Kafe 42 Bruckens13
Winery 48 UFO's 6
Fish Mo's 47 Hobart Christians 0
Bollys 42 Village People 20
McSobers 49 The Cunningham's 20
Mad Anthony Wayne's 27 Honda's 13
What was the regular season score between FR and Anna?

How Healthy is Peyton Otte and other Flyers like Buscher?

I heard LSU has offered Cory Klenke a full baseball scholarship.
I once saw a kid get a letter to play college football.

Only problem was, he hadnt played football in years and had zero intentions on playing......

Otte last 2 weeks has basically handed the football off, appears healthy, Buschur at this time is playing DE only, still rounding in to playing shape.
Smart coaches know when to lean heavily on their top end talent and when they use all the other complimentary players on the team to accomplish the mission which is.......to win the game.
It may be one of the reasons we dont see many MACsters put up state record yardage and such because instead of relying heavily on 1 person all season, including in games where it is not warranted, they tend to spread the wealth when needed

Seemingly every post season we all run into teams with some guy who has numbers out the wazoo and a lot of blowouts where they fed their guy no matter the opponents ability to stop them and not spreading it around to more players.

but i digress.

For the Flyers to get where they need to be they will need to rely on O to have some big games, but the last couple of weeks it was just not needed.

Two best players on D for Versailles would be tackle, Taran Tyo, and outside LB Carson Bey. The good thing about Versailles is all position has a quality athlete, no studs, and most backup players are pushing starters.
How do you think Versailles matches up with the triple like Carlisle runs? Has V seen the triple this year? Seems they make you commit to the inside and exploit the pitch and kinda cross block the OLB, fairly fast kid but small.

How do you think Versailles matches up with the triple like Carlisle runs? Has V seen the triple this year? Seems they make you commit to the inside and exploit the pitch and kinda cross block the OLB, fairly fast kid but small.
If a team is going to be one dimensional against Versailles it better have a Roger Bacon esque LSU recruit RB to do the trick. If they cannot have some sort of passing attack it may be a long time for them.

I'm hoping D7 is on a Saturday still in a few years. If my stepson plays & they make it at Crestview, and my cousins and their boys play in Indiana, we can do the Friday & Saturday games to support each other. Was fun for the few weeks we did it for my brother playing in Indiana & our neighbor & brother's baseball buddies playing football for Crestview in 2016.

It will be very interesting how this plays out to the semifinals.

I would have to believe the state will match West Jeff with Mechanicsburg due to their proximity. That will leave the likes of CG/Arch vs NMS and that is a very tough draw for CG/Archbold.
well hope the Burg players don't call tim
Kirtland can throw it.
Do they throw the ball this year?

Kirtland can throw it.
I would be surprised if K even has a 1000 yds. passing in 11 games, now part of that is they don't have to throw the football but they are known as a run 1st. team. If Kirtland and V do match up and K has to rely on throwing the football to win, I like Versailles chances.

Not sure, but two years ago they had a sophomore receiver who was making insane leaping grabs in the finals. If he’s still on the team, I imagine they can throw it.
I can imagine a lot of things as well, like the Bengals winning the SB. K threw 7 passes in that game completed 5, sure they can throw the football but like I said if Kirtland has to throw the football to win I would like my chances if I am the opposition.

Versailles has not played against the triple, looks like wing T to me, yet this year. Versailles's base 4 4 should put a lot of pressure on the run and make them pass. I can see some running work early but the Tiger D figuring it out. It appears the D has been working on stopping the run and big pass plays. There is some room for a team to pass in the pockets of the zone but there hasn't been a team to do it consistently all game yet.

I can imagine a lot of things as well, like the Bengals winning the SB. K threw 7 passes in that game completed 5, sure they can throw the football but like I said if Kirtland has to throw the football to win I would like my chances if I am the opposition.
Tigerball of old, and even in the DSJ heyday, they would run run run run run run run run squirrel run run run run and BAM, break your back with a TD pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.