MAGA Movement Wins Bigly in Virginia!

No it doesn't.

Wait, it doesn't? Wow, first I've heard of that lol. In any case, the absolute best possible outcome for the democrat party is to maintain the 50-50 split. they won't be gaining any seats.
It almost always does. Especially in the last 20 years.

Americans like divided government. Have you not noticed? Only one party has held both the executive and legislative branch past the mid terms since 1969. You can pontificate all kinds of crazy but the facts are clear.

He got elected by people with two feet in the grave.

America sure doesnt seem tired of MAGA, in fact pretty much all Republicans are running on it and predicted to have much success while the old establishment RINO types are being run out.
Youngkin certainly did not. Not a single image or reference of him and Trump was ever produced or used. He ran from Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Ok, you say he sucks, but he is trying to do something about infrastructure and prescription drug costs. Both extremely necessary, and he will eventually succeed. Remember, those were two of Trump’s biggest lies. He continually promised both of those. For Trump, it was just another couple of unkept promises. He was going to do something bigly “in the next two weeks.” The hypocrisy is overwhelming.
Trump kept his promises to the best of his ability. In America you have to go through this little thing called Congress to get most things done, as Joe is finding out. (Maybe his cure for cancer is awaiting Congressional approval ?)

The proposed bill does little for infrastructure. It's a Dem wish list grab bag. How is amnesty for illegals infrastructure?

As for prescription drugs Joe has been a boon for Big Pharma pushing the vaccine with mandates and denouncing cheap therapeutic alternatives.

Americans like divided government. Have you not noticed? Only one party has held both the executive and legislative branch past the mid terms since 1969. You can pontificate all kinds of crazy but the facts are clear.
I never said otherwise. ?‍♂️ It’s like you just switch the topic every time and argue with yourself lol.

Because two things can be true. Biden can be bad and Trump can be much worse. This much we know.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebec...en-and-many-more-could-in-the-future-n2595363

Twenty-one percent of Democrats regretted their votes for Biden, as did 29 percent of Republican voters who voted for the president, and 14 percent of Independents. While that 14 percent of Independents may have helped Biden overall in this poll, other polls show Biden has lost popularity with Independents.

Trump kept his promises to the best of his ability. In America you have to go through this little thing called Congress to get most things done, as Joe is finding out. (Maybe his cure for cancer is awaiting Congressional approval ?)

The proposed bill does little for infrastructure. It's a Dem wish list grab bag. How is amnesty for illegals infrastructure?

As for prescription drugs Joe has been a boon for Big Pharma pushing the vaccine with mandates and denouncing cheap therapeutic alternatives.
The infrastructure bill is bipartisan and actually has lots of good infrastructure stuff in it. Your really should pull off your hack glasses once in a while. We will see who can get it done. Trump had his majority. He blew it.

Youngkin wins a state that has been entirely blue in state and national elections for 12 years.

NJ in play too with the guy running against Old Snaggletooth winning?

Bad morning for the enemies of freedom and America.

Let the fun begin. Either the Dems will recalibrate or they will continue to live in a parallel reality and keep going with all of the nonsense that just got them drubbed. Either way, plenty of hilarious and highly enjoyable material coming.

Dems in districts that aren't mad blue are going to start running as far as they can from Brandon and his nutty agenda. They now know Brandon and his agenda are politically toxic.

Making Politics Fun Again.
We already see it. "Well of course Virginia was going to flip, nothing to see here"

I bet we'll start hearing voter suppression accusations from Dem operatives in 3...2...1...

Again, never said you did. I just pointed out there are fundamental reasons why these things repeat themselves and they have nothing to do with those posted on this thread.

In terms of MAGA.

I do not see it as a Trump thing. He, or his lackies, coined the term.

I see it as an American thing. MAGA is not about Trump. MAGA is not about the Republican Party.

MAGA is simply as it states: Make America Great Again.

That means more putting us FIRST. Stop relying on other countries to supply our goods and services. MAGA is becoming as self reliant as possible and having good ole wholesome values.

It should NOT be a Trump thing. Or a republcan thing. Or a Democratic thing.

It should be an AMERICAN movement forward. Stop enabling miscreant, unlawful, immoral, foreign reliant behavoir.

Ok, you say he sucks, but he is trying to do something about infrastructure and prescription drug costs. Both extremely necessary, and he will eventually succeed. Remember, those were two of Trump’s biggest lies. He continually promised both of those. For Trump, it was just another couple of unkept promises. He was going to do something bigly “in the next two weeks.” The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Somebody gives Biden something to read and you believe they are Biden's thoughts and that he can do something about it.

You're as delusional as he is.

I think Trump got 13% of the black vote in 2020 if I am not mistaken.
He actually increased his support among that demographic...which is really why the left is afraid of him.

Old Joe said "if you dont vote for me you ain't black"

The House is already written down. That ALWAYS happens. I need to take a deeper look at the Senate races as we get closer. It does not follow the same cycle.
One little question about that ALWAYS. Don't you think if the Democrats or the party holding the power in the House, Senate and office of President were really producing and getting positive results AlWAYS would not happen? I really love to turn on CNN and other fake news when their liberal Democrat candidate takes a loss. The reasons and excuses flow but never do you hear that people of the state or nation have spoken and they did not like the policies the D's was running on.

So Trump didnt "lose the House" as the left likes to say? Good to know.

In terms of MAGA.

I see it as an American thing. MAGA is not about Trump. MAGA is not about the Republican Party.

That means more putting us FIRST. Stop relying on other countries to supply our goods and services. MAGA is becoming as self reliant as possible and having good ole wholesome values.

It should be an AMERICAN movement forward. Stop enabling miscreant, unlawful, immoral, foreign reliant behavoir.
OK, maybe, but the Left hates America and a lot of liberals don't like it.

This cultural war is still just getting started.

The infrastructure bill is bipartisan and actually has lots of good infrastructure stuff in it. Your really should pull off your hack glasses once in a while. We will see who can get it done. Trump had his majority. He blew it.
Trump never had a majority because he had to fight not only Dems but Never Trumper Republicans.

I mean it's pretty simple: Democrats are in power, the president has decently low approval ratings, so the opposing party had a good night.

It happens every year/midterm election if those same conditions are present.

What will be most interesting to see is 1) How the dems try to pick up the pieces and rebrand before 2022 and 2) How the Republicans choose to sell themselves going forward: Appeal to the Trumpies or actual common sense

In terms of MAGA.

How can it not be a Trump thing if he coined the term?

That is not how the vast majority of Americans see it. Since he created it, his actions as president defined what it is.
Implying that America is not great now which most Americans unilaterally reject.
There is nothing Trump did that demonstrated he put America first. America was MORE reliant under Trump. The trade deficit exploded under Trump. He broke entire industries like agriculture and made them more reliant than ever on government assistance. Claiming MAGA represents wholesome values is about as laughable as it gets. Trump does not equal wholesome.

MAGA will forever represent Trump's divisive culture wars and his corrupt and autocratic tendencies. It will also always represent an attack on democracy (Big Lie and Jan 6th) and a disregard for the rule of law.

Your depiction of MAGA is pure fantasy.

If Biden is going to get something done he best stop putting a lid on it early each day and get to work his chances are down to about 12 months. During his first two years, Trump had the problem of not being one of the good old boys, and both R's and D's worked against him.. Now Biden is the best of the best as far as being a good old boy and yet he seems to be having problems. Too far left, not far enough left and the R's and the commonsense voters are counting days till the chances of his policies being enacted will have the brakes applied hard.

I mean it's pretty simple: Democrats are in power, the president has decently low approval ratings, so the opposing party had a good night.

What will be most interesting to see is 1) How the dems try to pick up the pieces and rebrand before 2022 and 2) How the Republicans choose to sell themselves going forward: Appeal to the Trumpies or actual common sense
If the republicans are smart, Virginia will teach them that the path forward is to leave Trump in the dust. It's pretty obvious that the trend and history of how that state votes was extremely favorable to him and he knew that. He then made the calculation that the only way he could screw that up, especially against a candidate as bad as Mcauliffe, was to let Trump in and turn the tables against him. It's a pretty simple recipe.

I really believe VA had more to do with McAuliffe bungling things. The Loudon County incident, saying parents shouldn’t have a say in what their kids learn, and the stunt with the Lincoln Project were such massive errors, he did not deserve to win.

America was sick and tired of MAGA and showed the country just how much last November when they elected a guy with one foot in the grave. Now you are having a circle jerk over a race in Virginia when the guy that won did whatever he could to distance himself from the cancer.

BTW….I’m sure you could be the poster child for angry, old, aggrieved white guy. Please send a pic.
Were they though? Trump added 12,000,000 votes to his total from 2016 which is unprecedented in the modern era. So a lot of people were attracted to the MAGA concept. Unfortunately for Trump even more people were repulsed by his behavior.

If Biden is going to get something done he best stop putting a lid on it early each day and get to work his chances are down to about 12 months. During his first two years, Trump had the problem of not being one of the good old boys, and both R's and D's worked against him.. Now Biden is the best of the best as far as being a good old boy and yet he seems to be having problems. Too far left, not far enough left and the R's and the commonsense voters are counting days till the chances of his policies being enacted will have the brakes applied hard.
Biden is dead in the water. An empty scow, adrift. Anything attached astern will never get anywhere.