A Generation of American Men Give Up on College

Sounds like males are second-class citizens at trans/female-only safe space dorms at hyper-liberal schools like Oberlin. I wouldn't use that same brush to paint the entire college landscape though.
Of course there are exceptions. But it's foolish not to see that in general college campuses are hostile places for men and white men in particular. And this contributes to the drop in men going to college.

Try preaching this to the older generation of trade workers. Pretty sure my old man chain-smoked on the job. And then headed directly to the VFW for the Champaign of Beers every night to sign the books instead of taking his vitamins and saying his prayers before bed. :ROFLMAO:
So he lived his life the way he wanted to! If he’s been happy and raised his family right then that’s what it’s all about

Of course there are exceptions. But it's foolish not to see that in general college campuses are hostile places for men and white men in particular. And this contributes to the drop in men going to college.
The ironic part about this analysis is that the majority of college presidents are aging, white men.

Not pursuing a job that has physical requirements because you’re afraid of hard work does
Not wanting to throw out your back or shatter your leg on the job is not the same as being afraid of hard work.

Like dude, everything doesn't need to be a test of manliness. There are thousands of jobs that are not at all physical that but are still needed to keep the world moving. You going to call every tax accountant or web developer a wuss because those fields sounded more appealing than laying concrete or working a steel mill?

Sounds like males are second-class citizens at trans/female-only safe space dorms at hyper-liberal schools like Oberlin. I wouldn't use that same brush to paint the entire college landscape though.
I challenge you to read what I’ve provided for you. It’s not written or compiled by some conservative redneck. It’s actually very telling and the two that wrote it are extremely well versed in what they speak of. Lots of data is presented to argue against what you are saying, it’s everywhere, not just Liberal Arts ?hole campuses.

The ironic part about this analysis is that the majority of college presidents are aging, white men.
Well, I wouldn’t expect college presidents to be “young, gay Asian men”? Since white is the majority of the country, your statistical analysis is spot on.

Not wanting to throw out your back or shatter your leg on the job is not the same as being afraid of hard work.

Like dude, everything doesn't need to be a test of manliness. There are thousands of jobs that are not at all physical that but are still needed to keep the world moving. You going to call every tax accountant or web developer a wuss because those fields sounded more appealing than laying concrete or working a steel mill?
See now you’re doing what libs do. The topic was less males entering college. The trades was brought up and you immediately used the word “ravaged” their bodies. Now you want to take my comments out of context to cover all situations. We need tradesmen in this country and if you’re afraid of being a tradesmen because of the work being physical you are a wuss. This country was built by people who didn’t fear hard work and people like you count on tradesmen to do your dirty work. Geez, you live in a liberal Pollyanna world

You left out a key descriptor - "aging WOKE, white men".

And these college presidents are terrified of losing their jobs and prestige if they should go against the PC flow. Heck, the treatment of men (of all races) accused of sexual "assault" in college is a disgrace and clear violation of innocent until proven guilty. That alone would make some men hesitant about attend college.

And these college presidents are terrified of losing their jobs and prestige if they should go against the PC flow. Heck, the treatment of men (of all races) accused of sexual "assault" in college is a disgrace and clear violation of innocent until proven guilty. That alone would make some men hesitant about attend college.
Only happens at Liberal Arts Colleges like Oberlin. Not at woke wonderlands like Ohio State ??

See now you’re doing what libs do. The topic was less males entering college. The trades was brought up and you immediately used the word “ravaged” their bodies. Now you want to take my comments out of context to cover all situations. We need tradesmen in this country and if you’re afraid of being a tradesmen because of the work being physical you are a wuss. This country was built by people who didn’t fear hard work and people like you count on tradesmen to do your dirty work. Geez, you live in a liberal Pollyanna world
And what "trades" is oxat622 referring to when he talked ravaged bodies? Not the guy who cleared my land sitting in an air conditioned bulldozer! Or the guys wiring my new house or putting in the HVAC or even those folks who installed the windows/doors.

What I've noticed is that while in their late teens/20's many of the guys working in the trades do a lot of the physical labor. Then in their 30's they move up the ladder and are either running crews or doing detail work. By their 40's (or younger) a lot of these guys own their own business and are doing quite well for themselves.

I challenge you to read what I’ve provided for you. It’s not written or compiled by some conservative redneck. It’s actually very telling and the two that wrote it are extremely well versed in what they speak of. Lots of data is presented to argue against what you are saying, it’s everywhere, not just Liberal Arts ?hole campuses.
I don't disagree that there is coddling in a lot of walks of life. The only thing I'm arguing against is the specific position that colleges are hostile to white cisgender males.

I don't disagree that there is coddling in a lot of walks of life. The only thing I'm arguing against is the specific position that colleges are hostile to white cisgender males.
I understand your “argument”. I’m literally telling you that the book and website I provided (that I’m very familiar with), are specifically speaking on what you are arguing against. Providing data to highlight their point.

No, it is you who is taking this out of context. You're strawmanning my argument by ushering in "fear" and "wussification". All I'm saying is people might not choose physical fields because of the very real possibility of the physical toll that accumulates over years of doing such jobs, not to mention accidents (which we've had two people in this thread support by pointing out what their family members have had to deal with).

You're hearing "people might prefer that their job doesn't leave their bodies a certain way 20-30-40 years down the line" and internalizing it as "people are afraid doing the day to day physical work."

The study likely did not consider "WOKE" in it's criteria, no. :ROFLMAO: I would enjoy seeing the WOKE testing parameters though.
Anecdotally, I don't know of any white males, or males in general, that are hesitant to attend college. That said, no one really needs to attend a traditional campus in this day and age. Hell, some kids can even have most of college done before even graduating high school if they work hard enough. There are also an increasing number of tech-related careers that can be accomplished totally online, from the safe-space of your own living room. And if we're being honest, you can probably get just about any traditional collegiate degree online. Some jobs will even help with tuition. Let's just hope all of those WOKE student-athlete keep showing up on campus though, because we'll need to somehow still conveniently forget how angry we are at these indoctrination camps on Saturday afternoons in the Fall. ;)

The study likely did not consider "WOKE" in it's criteria, no. :ROFLMAO: I would enjoy seeing the WOKE testing parameters though.

Anecdotally, I don't know of any white males, or males in general, that are hesitant to attend college. That said, no one really needs to attend a traditional campus in this day and age. Hell, some kids can even have most of college done before even graduating high school if they work hard enough. There are also an increasing number of tech-related careers that can be accomplished totally online, from the safe-space of your own living room. And if we're being honest, you can probably get just about any traditional collegiate degree online. Some jobs will even help with tuition. Let's just hope all of those WOKE student-athlete keep showing up on campus though, because we'll need to somehow still conveniently forget how angry we are at these indoctrination camps on Saturday afternoons in the Fall. ;)
NCAA viewership is down, much like other sports.

No, it is you who is taking this out of context. You're strawmanning my argument by ushering in "fear" and "wussification". All I'm saying is people might not choose physical fields because of the very real possibility of the physical toll that accumulates over years of doing such jobs, not to mention accidents (which we've had two people in this thread support by pointing out what their family members have had to deal with).

You're hearing "people might prefer that their job doesn't leave their bodies a certain way 20-30-40 years down the line" and internalizing it as "people are afraid doing the day to day physical work."
Aren’t you the one that’s always saying “look it up”, I’ve done that for you, provided the information, yet no retort? Figures.

Post #43. You continued to argue that this phenomenon of increased ridicule of men, specifically white men, on campuses has been brewing for a while now. I provided a couple sources, and you continued to say something to the effect of “it’s only happening at places like Oberlin”, which is simply not the case.

Did you not use the term ravaged bodies right off the jump?

You've provided a book, which to be honest, I'm not going to buy and read. It has an accompanying website which didn't give me much information in its college section (I did look). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

If you're going to say that colleges are hostile towards white, straight men, you're going to have to define what "hostile" means and then provide several examples. My definition of hostile might mean something different.

At my school, there is one female-only dorm. No all-male dorms. It's that way now and was the case long before I started there more than 15 years ago. Is that hostility towards men? Not to me, it isn't. Not like I or anyone else cared.

Yes I did, and two people in this thread have supported that with examples from their personal lives. So, what are you saying?
That you’re a typical hyperventilating leftie who looks down on the trades and is stuck in the fifties way of thinking about them. I’m sure you’ll push your kids to get their liberal arts degree and continue the trend, until you need a plumber and pay him $100 plus an hour ? and I’m sure his ravaged body will thank you

That you’re a typical hyperventilating leftie who looks down on the trades and is stuck in the fifties way of thinking about them. I’m sure you’ll push your kids to get their liberal arts degree and continue the trend, until you need a plumber and pay him $100 plus an hour ? and I’m sure his ravaged body will thank you
WTF are you talking about? How have I looked down on the trades? By acknowledging that other people do? By acknowledging that it can take a toll on workers' health?

In post #6, I acknowledged that these people have worked on a specialized skill set, and I used a first-hand example of someone who did a job for me that I couldn't. I even used the word "gods".

You've provided a book, which to be honest, I'm not going to buy and read. It has an accompanying website which didn't give me much information in its college section (I did look). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

If you're going to say that colleges are hostile towards white, straight men, you're going to have to define what "hostile" means and then provide several examples. My definition of hostile might mean something different.

At my school, there is one female-only dorm. No all-male dorms. It's that way now and was the case long before I started there more than 15 years ago. Is that hostility towards men? Not to me, it isn't. Not like I or anyone else cared.
Of course you won’t read the book, it may open your eyes to what is going on around you.

Here is the direct link to “Wiser Universities”:

Here is a small snippet that tackles the “us vs them” stance:
D32F6B84-F78C-4CE9-AD43-58EAE68FF195.png

Us vs them or marginalized vs unmarginalized in this case (Oberlin- straight males installing radiators in a “safe space” for women and alphabet crew.

WTF are you talking about? How have I looked down on the trades? By acknowledging that other people do? By acknowledging that it can take a toll on workers' health?

In post #6, I acknowledged that these people have worked on a specialized skill set, and I used a first-hand example of someone who did a job for me that I couldn't. I even used the word "gods".
Like dude, I'm paying hundreds of dollars TOMORROW for someone to go up on a ladder on the uneven terrain at my house and fix some siding.