springfield v miamisburg

springfield will win by 30 lol.......he better run some laps with head coach before the game. lol

im really mad b/c i thought springfield would cover in the king of the spread lol. dumb me.

jtk
()

Reminds me of Brian when LaSalle spanked Nordonia in the Div II final a couple years ago. But at least ORB can spell correctly.
yeah but him and brian would tie in a iq contest lol.......spelling is overrated. they don't even teach cursive in school anymore. lol ORB just knows how to use spell check.

jtk
()

I watched this game on spectrum instead of potentially dealing with the elements at another game last night. Springfield never should have been in position to lose that game, and consistently got outplayed in key moments down the stretch. Offensively, they had a lot of success running the football with one of their backs and just didn't utilize him enough. All of the meh offensive performances this year where they didn't finish drives caught up to them last night.

Miamisburg's offense gave them problems. The QB and the big kid that lined up at TE and WR played extremely well, and Springfield seemed to have problems at times with Miamisburg's scheme/concepts which seemed to blend or alternatively between Wing-T and Spread. It seemed like the QB got into a groove in the 2nd half where he hit every just about every short route and they were consistently getting 5-6 yards a play, and the big kid had a few big plays en route to around 150 yards receiving and 3 TDs.

Perhaps it was the camera view on Spectrum, but I do have to say that although Miamisburg deserved to win, I did not think they scored on the 2 point conversion...and I didn't think it was really that close. I was stunned when the referee threw up his hands to signal the try was good.

On TV, it looked like the kid who received the lateral got knocked out of bounds with his outstretched arms going the same direction a couple feet short of the plain and wide of the pylon. The only contact with the pylon I saw was made by a defensive player rallying to the ball.

Perhaps it was the camera view on Spectrum, but I do have to say that although Miamisburg deserved to win, I did not think they scored on the 2 point conversion...and I didn't think it was really that close. I was stunned when the referee threw up his hands to signal the try was good.

On TV, it looked like the kid who received the lateral got knocked out of bounds with his outstretched arms going the same direction a couple feet short of the plain and wide of the pylon. The only contact with the pylon I saw was made by a defensive player rallying to the ball.
What about the Vikings TD in the first half? I heard from a few (albeit biased) that the 'Burg receiver did not get a foot in on the pass, it was hard to tell from the stands.

There were a few calls that had me scratching my head, that TD, the the interference flag picked up early in the game, the PI call on Cats in endzone with a minute left. No one call was why Springfield lost, but they all became much larger because for the reasons you summed up nicely in your previous post.

GO CATS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
images (1).jpegfrom ORB..I'm disappointed

What about the Vikings TD in the first half? I heard from a few (albeit biased) that the 'Burg receiver did not get a foot in on the pass, it was hard to tell from the stands.

There were a few calls that had me scratching my head, that TD, the the interference flag picked up early in the game, the PI call on Cats in endzone with a minute left. No one call was why Springfield lost, but they all became much larger because for the reasons you summed up nicely in your previous post.

GO CATS!!!!!!!
First half TD I thought McGohan had excellent footwork and got a foot down, but may not have fully secured the catch until out of bounds. It was hard to tell IMO, but he made a tremendous effort on that play.

I was very impressed with that kid's size and athleticism. He looks like an athletic D1 TE. I would expect him to get a lot more recruiting attention going into his senior year.

The few times I've watched streams of Springfield this year, I've always liked how Browder runs the football. 7 carries for 73 yards and 2 TDs last night. I'm not sure if he had a carry in the first half, and outside of the two scoring drives in the second half where he scored I don't think he was used again. The offense was significantly more effective and a lot more physical last night when he was in and the primary ball carrier, and he just didn't get many opportunities despite being very effective on nearly all of his touches.

GO CATS!!!!!!!
Come November we will still be talking about a Springfield vs St X rematch. It is that time of year.

I would be willing to believe this was just what it was...an upset. It most likely will have no bearing on either team moving forward. Springfield is still one of the best teams in the state, and Miamisburg is still above average and competitive. I tend to overanalyze, but I'm going to hold back here.

Lance Schneider can flat out coach. I knew he’d have them going by year three. This year a playoff spot, next year a threat to win region. This is same pattern of what he did at Northmont.. Keep an eye on the Vikes, next few years will be very good.

Someone may want to check Holland field ORB may still be sitting on the 50 stunned and motionless. Can’t believe he has not posted yet.