Division III Region 9

Here we come in Trench time football!!
Big red is not impressive lol and those salt wounds are the worst
Has Hubbard ever even won a regional title?? I can’t find it if they have. If not sit down this is big boy football talk. Obviously by looking at previous experience you guys are pretenders. Enjoy that 2018 win.

more importantly, enjoy that lone state championship… Boys Golf 1971 ???

Has Hubbard ever even won a regional title?? I can’t find it if they have. If not sit down this is big boy football talk. Obviously by looking at previous experience you guys are pretenders. Enjoy that 2018 win.

more importantly, enjoy that lone state championship… Boys Golf 1971 ???
heard the same thing from u guys three years ago. Big red is going to teach hubbard how to play football blah blah blah. your right. We have never won a title. but our team is full of gritt. we wont back down from anyone and I guarantee hubbard wont be a easy out in this region

Steubenville will always be respected. Even in a "average" year by their standards, they have enough talent on the roster to beat anyone. Whoever gets Steubenville in the playoffs is going to have a tough out.

Hubbard has to go out and earn the respect of it's peers in the region. It's a new year and I think this Hubbard team realizes they still haven't accomplished anything in 2021. Hubbard's beat the teams they've been presented. But if they really want to make a mark, they need to finish the season strong and tee up for the slobber knocker that is region 9. That's where the real respect will be earned.
Could have not said it better myself

Your only state championship is from when they used wooden clubs to golf ???
I’ll never dismiss Hubbard. Is it hard to know how good they are because of their schedule? Ya bet ya!
But they’ve beat a few teams in the region in the past, & have been beaten, as well.
History would tell you respect is definitely due but never fear.
There is nothing wrong with having mutual respect. I wouldn’t underestimate Hubbard , or for that matter, anyone that makes it into the playoffs in this region, in this year.

Side note:
-can you guys imagine the quality of teams that never had a chance back to play in the 70’s-80’s when only 2 teams per region and only 3 Divisions(not 7) made the playoffs??

16 seems about right considering the circumstances and makes scheduling easier. But to view it in contrast to the 70’s-80’s? Just a little food for

Your only state championship is from when they used wooden clubs to golf ???
I’m not a Hubbard alum or even from Youngstown .
I would just like to see us adults try to show other schools and their kids a little respect and common courtesy. We don’t have to be best friends.
These type of topics usually derail good threads/conversations, and attract criticism to the school/alum/fan.

I just think it’s wise for everyone to realize not every fan of a school/team feels exactly the same.
I understand some people only get on here to talk $#!7 as well. I’m just not here for that unless it’s well justified. Jmho

I would just like to see us adults try to show other schools and their kids a little respect and common courtesy. We don’t have to be best friends.
These type of topics usually derail good threads/conversations, and attract criticism to the school/alum/fan.

I just think it’s wise for everyone to realize not every fan of a school/team feels exactly the same.
I understand some people only get on here to talk $#!7 as well. I’m just not here for that unless it’s well justified. Jmho
There’s no malice. This is just poking some fun at fans on here. If people actually get mad at what’s said, get off the internet.
No one is attacking kids. It’s great theater here for most of us.

Looks like Aurora lost a close won to a ranked D-II Barberton team.
Props to both staffs for playing this one as it was a last minute Covid fill.

W. South losing 0-3 to Chagrin Falls. Nice win. Is South’s QB still injured?

Have you created Dover and Canfield on madden and ran that simulation yet? I don’t even know what the score was of that game but considering how you are acting like a toddler because a computer simulation says your team is better but they lost on the field is laughable. Get a life and grow up kid….?
Dude should give his brain to Science so we can find out what went wrong.

I just had an urge to throw crap at rollredroll!! We are almost as big an arse as them.......

At the other end of the top 16, Niles got a much-needed win over Struthers which also gives L2 help to Howland. However, Howland lost to Chaney. Ravenna beat Coventry. Akron East beat Kenmore-Garfield to temporarily move into the top 16. New Philly snuck past Marlington. Harvey lost to Berkshire. Geneva lost to West Geauga.

Pts aren't fully updated yet plus tomorrows games factor in
Dover has points coming from Strongsville. I assume Lake Catholic will lose to Walsh Jesuit on Sat.

Chardon has a few more L2 pts. out there tomorrow plus Glenville and Mayfield's wins.

Kenston has points coming from Chagrin Falls. North lost to Mayfield who is a future opponent of Kenston's. I have yet to find a result on NDCL vs. Padua.

Aurora has nothing else out there. Copley's loss to Revere is a short-term loss, but Aurora can get those points back if and when they beat Revere in week 10.

Canfield still has wins to be added by Chaney and New Philly. I have no idea how Pleasant did.

Hubbard will climb into the top 6, maybe even 5th, after their win over Girard is added along with Norwayne's win.

Steubenville has points coming from New Philly and Linsly plus whatever their out of state teams did.

Streetsboro has points coming for its win plus Ravenna's win.

With the points from Strongsville, Dover may just hold onto that #1 spot at the end of the weekend.

Last edited:
Dover has points coming from Strongsville. I assume Lake Catholic will lose to Walsh Jesuit on Sat.

Chardon has a few more L2 pts. out there tomorrow plus Glenville and Mayfield's wins.

Kenston has points coming from Chagrin Falls. North lost to Mayfield who is a future opponent of Kenston's. I have yet to find a result on NDCL vs. Padua.

Aurora has points coming from Copley.

Canfield still has wins to be added by Chaney and New Philly. I have no idea how Pleasant did.

Hubbard will climb into the top 6, maybe even 5th, after their win over Girard is added along with Norwayne's win.

Steubenville has points coming from New Philly and Linsly plus whatever their out of state teams did.

Streetsboro has points coming for its win plus Ravenna's win.

With the points from Strongsville, Dover may just hold onto that #1 spot at the end of the weekend.
NP won also. But yeah that was my point. A lot is not yet updated. Agree they may hold onto it.

Looks like Aurora lost a close won to a ranked D-II Barberton team.
Props to both staffs for playing this one as it was a last minute Covid fill.

W. South losing 0-3 to Chagrin Falls. Nice win. Is South’s QB still injured?

I don’t think this was a Covid fill? They’re in the same conference. Also Aurora’s QB had a leg injury, so we’ll see how that affects the rest of the season.

Aurora/Barberton was a league scheduled game. Suburban League American only plays out of league weeks 1 through 3 except for cancellations.

NP won also. But yeah that was my point. A lot is not yet updated. Agree they may hold onto it.
I mentioned NP's win in post #468 addressing the bottom portion of the top 16.

Eitel has added Dover's points from Strongsville. Chardon has a lot of points still not in yet, but Dover will exit the weekend in the #1 spot. I believe 1 of those 2 will have the #1 spot after week 10, and it will be very close if both are unbeaten at that point.

The excitement will be in the pack behind them as those teams jockey for positioning and try to avoid a possible 1st round matchup with St. V.

Last edited:
It's updated now. If Lake Catholic loses, Buchtel and Riverside both win tomorrow(Buchtel should, no clue about Riversides opponent) Chardon will be .13 behind Dover