2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valley View - 26
Brookville - 41
Late 4th

85 yards right up the gut when you have 9 in the box … that kind of night

Mental mistakes and missed assignments were taken advantage of by a good Brookville team. Can’t help but think what if with the talent this VV team has.. shame really.

Mental mistakes and missed assignments were taken advantage of by a good Brookville team. Can’t help but think what if with the talent this VV team has.. shame really.
I've seen it a lot over the years. They'll bounce back. Minton needs those harbins. ?

Carlisle was a much better team than Monroe thought. Their defense stymied our run game the first half but Jackson managed to turn on the jets the second half. Monroe’s defense played awful. They couldn’t stop Carlisle’s pitch plays on the ends. Carlisle’s play calling that last drive was questionable given they ran the ball on our outside every play. We sacked their QB 4 straight times he went back to pass which sealed the win. 5-1 we are but give the Indians credit they came to play. Yet again tho penalties killed us. A wins a win we’ll take it. On to Franklin next week.

Does anyone know what happened to the Franklin quarterback. With the back up in, they were an entirely different team. The offense was unstoppable which I never imagined I’d say this year. Hope the best for the injured young man, but this other QB has to remain the guy imo.

Jacks just wore out. I believe we ran 12-14 plays on offense the 1st half. We scored twice quickly, short drive and a kick off return. We also have two turnovers in the first half (5 total)

Defensive had a few kids go down. They are a young on the defensive side of the ball. Only one senior starts and the other senior has been hurt for three weeks. They are just young and smaller.

Franklin pounded the ball all night on the left side of the line. Very effective against us and they were the better team.

I can’t see Oakwood winning another game until the last game, Madison. Hope I’m wrong, but that’s how I see it.

Carlisle was a much better team than Monroe thought. Their defense stymied our run game the first half but Jackson managed to turn on the jets the second half. Monroe’s defense played awful. They couldn’t stop Carlisle’s pitch plays on the ends. Carlisle’s play calling that last drive was questionable given they ran the ball on our outside every play. We sacked their QB 4 straight times he went back to pass which sealed the win. 5-1 we are but give the Indians credit they came to play. Yet again tho penalties killed us. A wins a win we’ll take it. On to Franklin next week.
The int by Carlisle with 3 minutesleft in the game, which was overturned by the Monroe sidelines official was in fact an int. That would have been the game. Sad for our boys, they played so well.

This is what I said Carlisle should have been doing against Franklin. Franklin couldn’t stop us outside. For whatever reason we kept going inside. Made no sense.

This is what I said Carlisle should have been doing against Franklin. Franklin couldn’t stop us outside. For whatever reason we kept going inside. Made no sense.
Because that’s how that offense works, I replied when you said that. They force you to stop the dives and that opens up the pitch. You can’t run it with success if they don’t commit to stop the fullback. Come on man

The int by Carlisle with 3 minutesleft in the game, which was overturned by the Monroe sidelines official was in fact an int. That would have been the game. Sad for our boys, they played so well.
It was definitely trapped ball, I was on sidelines and saw it first hand. The Indians have a lot of talent unfortunately they got out coached again.the defense has been above par all year but the offense is so easy to defend they struggle.

As much talk I have seen on here about Monroe, I was not impressed tonight. I will say Jackson is probably the best running back in area. Dude is a stud. I know teams have let down games but the Indians a D5 team gave them all they wanted. If Monroe wants to be a serious contender they need to clean up penalties and sure up that defense.

Franklin rebranding with a new logo going forward.
I’m not to sure how I feel about the logo head.im sure there plenty of people that do like it. I’m just glad they are going back to the red and black. I always liked these two logos. There couple other ones like the 50 yard line one before they change it.
1632544876199.jpeg
1632545052542.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.