Game Match-Up You'd like to see

LCL

Pick a couple schools that you'd like to see play each other, but don't or have not in awhile.

For me, just because:

Newark vs Newark Catholic

I know it would be a D1 v D7 match-up, but it would drum up so much interest in Licking County. NC obviously has their prestige, but Newark football once had some glory days.

Toledo Waite vs. Toledo Scott on Thanksgiving.
Scott+vs.+Waite,+Thanksgiving,+1923-B.jpg
waitefootballs.jpg

Defiance vs Bryan

All time series is super close (Defiance up 24-23-5), the schools are 20 miles apart on SR 15, and the rivalry is alive and well in every other sport, especially baseball.

But they haven't played since 1972 due to Defiance valuing the Napoleon rivalry more and a 9 game WBL schedule.

Pick a couple schools that you'd like to see play each other, but don't or have not in awhile.

For me, just because:

I know it would be a D1 v D7 match-up, but it would drum up so much interest in Licking County. NC obviously has their prestige, but Newark football once had some glory days.
Green Wave is a Football school. Cats is Basketball. It is what it is. Both great histories in respective sports

Marion Local vs Trimble. It may be a blowout, but Trimble could get to see where they want to be in the years to come, and these two haven't played since 2013.
Shadyside vs Trimble. This was a nice region 25 rivalry, these two played in the playoff 3 straight years. Trimble won all three of those. It would be nice to maybe get a home and home in the future if these two don't meet this year.

I know of only two Shawnees. You're not thinking about Shaw HS in East Cleveland which has actually dropped in enrollment recently.

Milton-Union vs Tecumseh (we had a 50 year rivalry with fellow St Rte 571 city, Tipp City. Tecumseh is also along 571 and would make a great rivalry.
Milton has also had a long history with Greenville that lays on 571 as well.

For me, just because:

I was hoping some time they would scrimmage the week before the regular season. Newark has scrimmaged small school LCL teams the last couple/three years, Johnstown, Heath & Lakewood this year.

I played them my freshman year and we won 21-0.

I think that a scrimmage would be the only way Newark would agree to meet NC on the football field.

There is no reason why Massillon and Steubenville should play. Massillon has a population of 32,000. Steubenville has one of 18,000. Massillon is D2 and should be D1. Steubenville is D3 and should be D4. I’d like to see Steubenville play Canfield. I’d like to see Massillon play Toledo Central Catholic

There is no reason why Massillon and Steubenville should play. Massillon has a population of 32,000. Steubenville has one of 18,000. Massillon is D2 and should be D1. Steubenville is D3 and should be D4. I’d like to see Steubenville play Canfield. I’d like to see Massillon play Toledo Central Catholic
Why ? In this last stretch of series in 7 games it was 4-3 Tigers.

Please explain why Massillon should be D1, then please explain why Steubenville should be D4.

Greenon vs…

Milton Union
Kenton Ridge
Bethel
Blanchester
Fairborn
Tecumseh
East Clinton
Miami Trace (beautiful stadium)

I have a few!

Coldwater vs Piqua
Coldwater vs Tippecanoe
Coldwater vs Bellbrook
Coldwater vs Troy
Coldwater vs Van Wert
Coldwater vs Milton Union
Coldwater vs Western Boone (Indiana) (They've won 3 straight 2A state titles)

Parkway vs South Adams (Indiana)
Anna vs Fort Loramie (They've never played)
Celina vs Parkway
Fort Recovery vs Jay County (Indiana)