Does open or concealed carry actually make us safer?

Two convenient stores within a mile of me, one was robbed once, the employee shot and killed a gun wielding criminal(gang initiation).
The store has not been robbed in the 5 years since this happened.

Store number two employees were robbed at gunpoint four times in a two year period, It became known and this store obviously was an easy target for criminals. After the fourth armed robbery the owner placed a sign on the door that his employees were armed and would defend themselves as necessary. There has not been one robbery since.

What was the question again............

Two convenient stores within a mile of me, one was robbed once, the employee shot and killed a gun wielding criminal(gang initiation).
What became of the employee? Any charges?

People that feel the need to constantly be strapped are big giant p*****s. These are guys that got bullied in high school and carrying a gun gives them much needed self confidence. They are afraid of their own shadows and have never left the hick town they grew up in. They watch National news nightly and think that all African Americans are criminals that will jack you just for walking down the street after dark. Don’t get me started on Texas. The whole damn state is strapped. Big. Giant. P*****s.

Store number two employees were robbed at gunpoint four times in a two year period, It became known and this store obviously was an easy target for criminals. After the fourth armed robbery the owner placed a sign on the door that his employees were armed and would defend themselves as necessary. There has not been one robbery since.

What was the question again............
The first thing, and sometimes the only thing, that an animal understands is a cause-and-effect relationship. Makes sense to me.

People that feel the need to constantly be strapped are big giant p*****s. These are guys that got bullied in high school and carrying a gun gives them much needed self confidence. They are afraid of their own shadows and have never left the hick town they grew up in. They watch National news nightly and think that all African Americans are criminals that will jack you just for walking down the street after dark. Don’t get me started on Texas. The whole damn state is strapped. Big. Giant. P*****s.
You derpin’ out vigorously itt

Did you read what happened in my neighborhood? No gun ownership by the store employee, he is more likely dead.

Was the criminal a big giant P****y as you said? The kid was holding up a clerk at gunpoint with a gun, does that mean according to you, he was bullied in high school and gave him much needed self confidence? Was he afraid of his own shadow, and never left the hick town(west side of Cincinnati), he grew up in?

Get this the criminals mom wanted to know why the clerk shot her little angel multiple times, argh the ignorance of the criminal element.

Thank God for the right to bear arms, plus that drives small minded leftists such as yourself crazy. It's a win/win!!

You know this because all of your friends carry?

Wonderful troll post.

I'll stick to practicing 2 taps chest one tap head. P229 Sig Sauer Legion. Concealed carry and probably never to be used. But, who knows. You never need a gun until you do. Drives you fairies nuts.

Gun rights advocates and enthusiasts often make the claim that society would be safer if more people owned guns and carried them in public. I'm not anti-2A by any stretch, but I'm very skeptical to that position.

So, does open or concealed carry actually make us safer? How prevalent is the good guy with a gun? Does more guns = more disputes devolving into the brandishing or use of a gun?
Your post makes it sound as if the the majority of folks in your first sentence are actually referring to both concealed- and open-carry. I was curious, took a fast look but didn't see any data immediately to support or disprove such premise. Would be curious to find out.

TBH, I used to think open-carry would be a good thing - walk softly, let 'em see you're carrying a big stick and all that. But after further review I can see the problems it would cause - of course, would certainly would be viewed differently in TX, MT, AZ, NM, etc. But my opinion nowadays is that CCW is what makes society safe(r). Always leave the perps out there guessing - will that milquetoast 7-11 clerk throw open the register if you just look cross-eyed at him, or will you see a Glock in your face if try to rob him?

My guess is that most criminals will be the one to fold in that situation. Once you display it on your holster for all to see, there's no element of surprise and they can adjust their attack accordingly.

Your post makes it sound as if the the majority of folks in your first sentence are actually referring to both concealed- and open-carry. I was curious, took a fast look but didn't see any data immediately to support or disprove such premise. Would be curious to find out.

TBH, I used to think open-carry would be a good thing - walk softly, let 'em see you're carrying a big stick and all that. But after further review I can see the problems it would cause - of course, would certainly would be viewed differently in TX, MT, AZ, NM, etc. But my opinion nowadays is that CCW is what makes society safe(r). Always leave the perps out there guessing - will that milquetoast 7-11 clerk throw open the register if you just look cross-eyed at him, or will you see a Glock in your face if try to rob him?

My guess is that most criminals will be the one to fold in that situation. Once you display it on your holster for all to see, there's no element of surprise and they can adjust their attack accordingly.
2 lines of thought. I prefer concealed, with more of a retreat mentality. Stand your ground offers more protection for use of force. But, I prefer to retreat if possible. All bets off in my home. Bottom line, don't put me in the position where I have to defend myself. I will retreat and do my best to de escalate. De escalation technics are just as important as tactical defense. Simple stuff, don't be stupid and violent.

Of course it makes us safer. If the other guy had a gun, do you think the "bad guy" would have threatened him?

I think it is kinda funny that the tweet references a "semi automatic rifle" As if that is of particular significance, and it is likely as not to be inaccurate.

Ohio has had open carry for a long, long time. I'm not aware of any shoot outs occurring here.
Just had a guy threaten other people with a gun, at a youth football game across the street from my house (in Ohio) a couple of weeks ago-- he didn't shoot anybody-- but people fled-- and then he was (appropriately) arrested and jailed. We shouldn't all have to carry guns to games, to "make us safer"-- that's a Bizarro World Dystopia that I (and, polling shows, the vast majority of Americans) do NOT want to live in-- and it worked ever so well, in Deadwood, South Dakota, Dodge City, Kansas, and Tombstone, Arizona-- NOT.

Last edited:
Just had a guy threaten other people with a gun, at a youth football game across the street from my house (in Ohio) a couple of weeks ago--

Since that's illegal, should we count you with the group of nuts that wants to disarm the populace, or the group of idiots who want to make that instance "double illegal" by passing more restrictive laws?

Pretty sure you're one of the sophists who will try to create a third group of crazies, but there isn't one, so don't.

Just had a guy threaten other people with a gun, at a youth football game across the street from my house (in Ohio) a couple of weeks ago-- he didn't shoot anybody-- but people fled-- and then he was (appropriately) arrested and jailed. We shouldn't all have to carry guns to games, to "make us safer"-- that's a Bizarro World Dystopia that I (and, polling shows, the vast majority of Americans) do NOT want to live in-- and it worked ever so well, in Deadwood, South Dakota, Dodge City, Kansas, and Tombstone, Arizona-- NOT.
The utopia you seek, will never happen. If you make it illegal to carry, only the bad guys will carry. It's pretty simple really. And again, Ohio has had open carry for a long time, still no shoot outs. Yes, it makes us safer, despite your anecdotal evidence.

TBH, I used to think open-carry would be a good thing - walk softly, let 'em see you're carrying a big stick and all that. But after further review I can see the problems it would cause - of course, would certainly would be viewed differently in TX, MT, AZ, NM, etc.

Since open carry has always been the law in Ohio since I've been born, what problems have you seen here?

I have shared my story on here before so I won't repeat it in its entirety. Suffice it to say i did not often carry to sporting events until one day my life was threatened by the mom of one of the players. At least she had the decency to tell me she was heading to her car to get her gun and would be returning shortly.

I actually had my 38 with me in my coaches bag at the time so I had a quick decision to make.

1- leave quickly before she returned and defuse the situation or
2- reach my hand into the bag and be ready to defend myself.

Choice seemed easy at that time as she only seemed angry with me so I choose 1 and got the heck out of there. What if she had threatened the entire team? Then I would have stayed and protected the team.

We have a big picture of the answer to this question, just look at the military. Are we safer when we show our military as the carry weapons? Sometimes, if there is an imminent threat I would say we are safer.

Dont confuse an idiot with a gun as to the safety and security guns provide. There are idiots who own automobiles and crash and burn but that does not mean everyone will have the same result. Most people travel safely in their vehicle. Same for guns, they are a potential deadly force just like the automobile, so use with respect and intelligently.

For 2nd amendment and for gun control. The only debate is what one would consider reasonable gun control (types, lethality, safety features, criminal background, license requirements, sensitive public areas) and when does one forfeit their right to ownership, if ever.

We shouldn't all have to carry guns to games, to "make us safer"-- that's a Bizarro World Dystopia that I (and, polling shows, the vast majority of Americans) do NOT want to live in-- and it worked ever so well, in Deadwood, South Dakota, Dodge City, Kansas, and Tombstone, Arizona-- NOT.
Ok #BLM #DEFUNDPOLICE Democrats support anti police actions. What do you expect. Look at all of the major cities. Self policing is what you want. Go into a gun store and get educated.

For 2nd amendment and for gun control. The only debate is what one would consider reasonable gun control (types, lethality, safety features, criminal background, license requirements, sensitive public areas) and when does one forfeit their right to ownership, if ever.
Make all the restrictions you want, but please make note, criminals are called criminals, because they break the law.