Does open or concealed carry actually make us safer?

I have shared my story on here before so I won't repeat it in its entirety. Suffice it to say i did not often carry to sporting events until one day my life was threatened by the mom of one of the players. At least she had the decency to tell me she was heading to her car to get her gun and would be returning shortly.

I actually had my 38 with me in my coaches bag at the time so I had a quick decision to make.

1- leave quickly before she returned and defuse the situation or
2- reach my hand into the bag and be ready to defend myself.

Choice seemed easy at that time as she only seemed angry with me so I choose 1 and got the heck out of there. What if she had threatened the entire team? Then I would have stayed and protected the team.
Those are situations that need to be addressed. You fled and I agree. Good for you. Try being a referee, Dash to the car and I'm safe. Try and escalate at car, damn. You are in danger period!

So, does open or concealed carry actually make us safer? How prevalent is the good guy with a gun? Does more guns = more disputes devolving into the brandishing or use of a gun?
I don't know why don't you ask the gang members in places like Chicago?!?!?

Sorry if you were a misled and thought this was a concealed carry vs open carry debate. I'm lumping the two together.
Typical from the likes of you. You open with a an incident of someone carry a rifle to a soccer game and then act like you are not arguing for or against conceal and carry. You act middle of the road but just by the way you present a topic you are pretty obvious with how you feel. Here's a link showing how people like you and organizations that are pro gun control distort data to fit their agenda.

Debunking Violence with Conceal and Carry

Feels to me like we are only looking at one side of this story, the individual involved in the dispute (unrelated to soccer) who brandished the weapon...

How about the parents who ran to their cars and got their own weapons when they feared for their children's lives? Do you think they will ever go to a soccer game again without a gun in their cars after this incident? It's sad that politicians want to take guns away from good people so all the bad guys can shoot us :(

I’ve never seen a private citizen carry openly. Was referring to potential problems in certain situations.

For as long as Ohio has had open carry, you'd think some of those potential problems would have manifested themselves.

Honest to goodness, other than some Karen freaking out, I don't remember any.

People that feel the need to constantly be strapped are big giant p*****s. These are guys that got bullied in high school and carrying a gun gives them much needed self confidence. They are afraid of their own shadows and have never left the hick town they grew up in. They watch National news nightly and think that all African Americans are criminals that will jack you just for walking down the street after dark. Don’t get me started on Texas. The whole damn state is strapped. Big. Giant. P*****s.
So your saying you carry a gun.

People that feel the need to constantly be strapped are big giant p*****s. These are guys that got bullied in high school and carrying a gun gives them much needed self confidence. They are afraid of their own shadows and have never left the hick town they grew up in. They watch National news nightly and think that all African Americans are criminals that will jack you just for walking down the street after dark. Don’t get me started on Texas. The whole damn state is strapped. Big. Giant. P*****s.
I used to have a Hamilton County Sheriff detective live next door. He told me he never goes into downtown Cincinnati without his gun strapped on because of what goes on in the heart of the city. Yea he’s a big p****y. ?? Some of you folks siding with the Left all the time really show how stupid and naive you are.

I used to have a Hamilton County Sheriff detective live next door. He told me he never goes into downtown Cincinnati without his gun strapped on because of what goes on in the heart of the city. Yea he’s a big p****y. ?? Some of you folks siding with the Left all the time really show how stupid and naive you are.
Yep ,giant p***y.

Statistics. Not a story here and there. Stay ignorant.

Pretty hilarious the OP ran from his own thread when he realized he had no idea what he was talking about!

Good times.

No it's not. That's bullchit.

Statistical fact....lmao
You are ignorant and have not looked at facts. It is your right to not be smart.
If you feel unsafe, perhaps you need to move to a different neighborhood?
I don't feel unsafe at all. It is just a fact that I am safer without a gun than someone with a gun. Where in anything I've ever written, have I said I'm afraid? I would think the irrational belief that a gun makes you safer is what people that are afraid tell themselves. It's ok that you are afraid.

You are ignorant and have not looked at facts. It is your right to not be smart.

I don't feel unsafe at all. It is just a fact that I am safer without a gun than someone with a gun. Where in anything I've ever written, have I said I'm afraid? I would think the irrational belief that a gun makes you safer is what people that are afraid tell themselves. It's ok that you are afraid.
Explain how you are safer without a gun?

I own several guns, but I always have a golden rule with it: If I have to go someplace where I where there is a chance I have to pull it, then I will not go.

People who dont understand and appreciate their rights are fools.

BTW Do criminals give you a heads up before they commit a crime? Always be prepared is solid advice.