Winton Woods v Kings

Ain’t no way in hell we should be losing to kings especially only scoring 13 points u ain’t scored over 20 points all year Princeton averaging almost 60 points a game running a “new system”. Who tf is this Murphy he had one good season at Northwest and yal think he somebody he ain’t nobody

He wasn’t trying to be all passing. Have you seen what happens when we run? He originally put in a 2 back system for the 2 Senior RB’s we were going to have. He was going to make sure Steele would get his carries. BUT he decides to go to Chester Road at the last minute. That through things for a loop.

As he should have he should’ve left the minute Parker left WW is a running program they been running the ball for years now all of a sudden they can’t run the ball? You have to be committed to the run. He’s tryin to be a passing team I can tell by watching the games that’s wat he’s trying to do

I dont think WW has ever had a line this big outside wen they had Brown and Listerman but u can’t run the ball? That makes no sense. If u can’t run block I know for a fact u can’t pass protect

How isnt WW a great situation the issues they have with administration resources and all that have always been there and they gonna always be there based on how forest park is set up and they were still successful with those restrictions or whatever u wanna call it WW has grown to one of the better teams in the state with all those issues there’s no excuse for not winning at WW and it won be accepted period
Actually, administration straps hold coaches. Parker was turned down on many things he was trying to do for kids. The administration is ok but far great though. The weight room and players equipment need upgrades need upgraded. Always been there? FP is limited as far as resources. Parker’s connections helped tremendously with getting things like team meals etc. Kroger is the main staple business in FP. They help the district as a whole not athletics only.

As he should have he should’ve left the minute Parker left WW is a running program they been running the ball for years now all of a sudden they can’t run the ball? You have to be committed to the run. He’s tryin to be a passing team I can tell by watching the games that’s wat he’s trying to do
He put a 2 back system in for Steele. He told Coach Murphy he was staying. That’s right?

I’ve followed WW football for at least 15 years and last night was probably the most disappointed I’ve been in the team since they squandered a regional game vs Anderson in 2008. But at least that Anderson team was State Champs. Last night WW penalties kept Kings first and TD drive, brought back several big plays and the killer was the block in the back at the 1 yd line, which would have put them up 20-7. Unlike previous teams this young team can’t overcome 120 yards of penalties. I trust that this staff gets this straightened out by Wk 11, because Region 8 is as bad as it’s been in a long timeni
Actually, administration straps hold coaches. Parker was turned down on many things he was trying to do for kids. The administration is ok but far great though. The weight room and players equipment need upgrades need upgraded. Always been there? FP is limited as far as resources. Parker’s connections helped tremendously with getting things like team meals etc. Kroger is the main staple business in FP. They help the district as a whole not athletics only.
That’s wat I said I’m fully aware of the issues at WW and lik I said they’ve always been there and it ain’t stopped them from being successful and we not gonna give this guy a pass by blaming those issues. And exactly Parker was the man carrying that program with the man he is and how he gets ppl to gravitate toward him that’s wy letting him go was so egregious they should’ve let that mf be the AD if he wanted whatever he wanted they should’ve gave he’s dine more for Forest park than all them administrators who making money and all that ever done

I’ve followed WW football for at least 15 years and last night was probably the most disappointed I’ve been in the team since they squandered a regional game vs Anderson in 2008. But at least that Anderson team was State Champs. Last night WW penalties kept Kings first and TD drive, brought back several big plays and the killer was the block in the back at the 1 yd line, which would have put them up 20-7. Unlike previous teams this young team can’t overcome 120 yards of penalties. I trust that this staff gets this straightened out by Wk 11, because Region 8 is as bad as it’s been in a long time.
Don’t bring that game up lol

Ain’t no way in hell we should be losing to kings especially only scoring 13 points u ain’t scored over 20 points all year Princeton averaging almost 60 points a game running a “new system”. Who tf is this Murphy he had one good season at Northwest and yal think he somebody he ain’t nobody
Oh I agree we should've beat KINGS but saying he walked into a "great" situation is really not true. He is trying to transition a running team into a passing team. They are trying to teach an entire system that is foreign to these kids. For instance the blocking scheme is totally different. Kids aren't firing out because that's not their job in this offense. Trying to reprogram some of these seniors is difficult when they have been in the system since 7th grade. Ijs As good as the defense is they definitely make mistakes in practice when they're supposed to be in zone but someone is playing man because that's all he has been doing the last 3 yrs. Lebanon this week they will play w pride and confidence let's see what the staff & kids are made of.

Oh I agree we should've beat KINGS but saying he walked into a "great" situation is really not true. He is trying to transition a running team into a passing team. They are trying to teach an entire system that is foreign to these kids. For instance the blocking scheme is totally different. Kids aren't firing out because that's not their job in this offense. Trying to reprogram some of these seniors is difficult when they have been in the system since 7th grade. Ijs As good as the defense is they definitely make mistakes in practice when they're supposed to be in zone but someone is playing man because that's all he has been doing the last 3 yrs. Lebanon this week they will play w pride and confidence let's see what the staff & kids are made of.
Thank you for putting this into words.

That’s wat I said I’m fully aware of the issues at WW and lik I said they’ve always been there and it ain’t stopped them from being successful and we not gonna give this guy a pass by blaming those issues. And exactly Parker was the man carrying that program with the man he is and how he gets ppl to gravitate toward him that’s wy letting him go was so egregious they should’ve let that mf be the AD if he wanted whatever he wanted they should’ve gave he’s dine more for Forest park than all them administrators who making money and all that ever done
Agree

The district is not growing in a conference with schools that are growing...The athletic facilities outside of football are nowhere close to the schools in conference.
WW struggled to field teams and be competitive in year one of the ECC having only a few conference wins in all three seasons.
So far in year 2 WW has not won one game in conference in any sport .

Coach Parker will have a good season at neighboring Princeton and WW football families tends to not have the type of base that will stick around when things start to fall off with football. Lots of aunts, uncles and other relatives in the surrounding districts that may benefit from a 6-4 football team.
Not sure I understand the implications inferred by this message... I do think the assertion that the WW district is not growing may be open for some debate-- not only are a lot of new families moving into the district (as it both gentrifies and "Hispanifies", due to the ultra-cheap housing stock that had lagged the appreciation in most every other market surrounding it) because people are searching for affordable single-family houses WHEREVER they can find them, but there are ALSO some fairly pricey NEW houses being built in the random pockets of open land that still exist here and there in the district. I have seen BOTH of these phenomena in action, personally-- my family home has DOUBLED in its appraised value over the last ~18 months, and there is a clutch of expensive (for Forest Park or Greenhills) new houses being built on the vacant farm land up near the Union Central Life building off Waycross, that had lain fallow and under-utilized for decades now.

In the larger scheme of creating value for homeowners in the district, those developments are ENORMOUSLY more important (and will create vastly more wealth and future life opportunities) for the residents of the district than having a good HS football team ever will. If the district can ever get its academic achievement levels up to even an average level, the housing stock in the community can even post ANOTHER ~100% appreciation on top of where it is valued today-- because, even after the last 18 months, there is STILL an enormous discount imposed on homes in the WWSD because of the very poor academic rating of the district; a house in southern Springfield Township on the WWSD side of the school district boundary is worth anywhere from 50% less (to a similar one in the Finneytown SD) to 70% less (to a similar one in the Wyoming SD)-- and Finneytown hasn't had a decent HS football team in ~50 years.

How isnt WW a great situation the issues they have with administration resources and all that have always been there and they gonna always be there based on how forest park is set up and they were still successful with those restrictions or whatever u wanna call it WW has grown to one of the better teams in the state with all those issues there’s no excuse for not winning at WW and it won be accepted period
WW has not always been good in football-- it has recently-- but there were decades in which WW (or FP, before that) was average at best-- so, yes, it HAS been accepted, period. It would be nice if the residents of the district were as "unaccepting" of academic mediocrity as YOU say they are (or will be) of football mediocrity. I could NOT care less if WW starts to field football teams as bad as Finneytown does REGULARLY, if WWSD could at least move up to the level of academic performance that Finneytown has had (though Finneytown is not what it once was, academically, either).

#88 & #82 should get more chances in my opinion.

Not sure I understand the implications inferred by this message... I do think the assertion that the WW district is not growing may be open for some debate-- not only are a lot of new families moving into the district (as it both gentrifies and "Hispanifies", due to the ultra-cheap housing stock that had lagged the appreciation in most every other market surrounding it) because people are searching for affordable single-family houses WHEREVER they can find them, but there are ALSO some fairly pricey NEW houses being built in the random pockets of open land that still exist here and there in the district. I have seen BOTH of these phenomena in action, personally-- my family home has DOUBLED in its appraised value over the last ~18 months, and there is a clutch of expensive (for Forest Park or Greenhills) new houses being built on the vacant farm land up near the Union Central Life building off Waycross, that had lain fallow and under-utilized for decades now.

In the larger scheme of creating value for homeowners in the district, those developments are ENORMOUSLY more important (and will create vastly more wealth and future life opportunities) for the residents of the district than having a good HS football team ever will. If the district can ever get its academic achievement levels up to even an average level, the housing stock in the community can even post ANOTHER ~100% appreciation on top of where it is valued today-- because, even after the last 18 months, there is STILL an enormous discount imposed on homes in the WWSD because of the very poor academic rating of the district; a house in southern Springfield Township on the WWSD side of the school district boundary is worth anywhere from 50% less (to a similar one in the Finneytown SD) to 70% less (to a similar one in the Wyoming SD)-- and Finneytown hasn't had a decent HS football team in ~50 years.

The reason WW combined their schools was to reduce the cost of education more so than improve quality of education.
Combining helps reduce staffing in student support, administration, cafeteria workers, maintenance, custodial etc.
Walnut Hills is the only other school district in the ECC that has a combined middle / high school campus and they have strict admittance requirements and maintain class numbers that do not over exert their resources (that WW just cannot provide).

Milford, Little Miami, Lebanon, West Clermont, Loveland, Kings are still growing at a faster rate than WW. Anderson and Turpin are also still seeing growth. WW population growth does not necessary mean more students to the pool as there are a considerable amount of families that chose to go private over public or, open enroll in neighboring districts if they can provide their own transportation. (WW actually struggles to even field JV/Varsity teams in several of the sports offered in conference play).

The PBL model of teaching when used correctly can help engage students however; the way WW has implemented it is one of the reasons their student achievement numbers are so poor IMO.

There is a huge value in having on campus athletic facilities.
WW does not even come remotely close to being able to offer the co and extra curricular activities that helps build community and enrich students high school experience. These experiences also helps in student achievement as an example their ECC counterparts have in their outcomes/report cards. (The new theater may help on the arts end for WW ).

As mentioned before; WWSD is cash strapped and actually cut or froze teachers pay the last 2 years resulting in teachers going on to greener pastures and hiring less experienced teachers to replace them. Transportation is another issue with a quarter of the 34 buses that need to be retired and replaced. The lack of resources in curricular, extra curricular and co curricular activities will contribute to the decline of student performance both on and off the field even with a new building.
Currently a dominating football team is what district residence can cling to the past 10 years or so but, as stated earlier, even that is coming to an end the next two years years unless the district can develop a pathway as you stated, "improve the academic achievement performance".

Last edited:

Wrong about Wyoming is for removed from a state state title. They have been winning. And if families are moving into the higher level houses, they probably won’t send there kids to WW

I’m so lost I’m quoting myself for no reason other than we lost to Kings.

Hey Kong and the other couple Kings posters on here, congrats. Y’all took a lot of shiz from people on here for a long time but I appreciate y’all coming on Yappi about your squad.

I love all you WW posters!
Proud of y’all and none of you are dumazzzes.
Y’all got passion and that’s who we are ... not afraid to speak up!

Lets hit somebody! Right? That’s what we are raised with in Greenhills and Forest Park. Lol
Love it.
I agree with almost everything that is being said on here.
I mean it is all true lol!
Give the boys and coaches a chance to work through the transition man.
Hell Coach Parker, who I appreciated,, had a horrible year early on where Harrison beat us like 36-0 and we lot 5-6 games in a row.
I mean like seriously that season was a joke. But Coach got they stuff together. Give these guys the same chance.
If they can’t get this team together then I’ll be right out front pointing that out.

Wrong about Wyoming is for removed from a state state title. They have been winning. And if families are moving into the higher level houses, they probably won’t send there kids to WW
It's not at all clear what your message was trying to say-- but if you think families are moving into the Wyoming school district because of their winning football team (which is not a new phenomenon-- Wyoming currently has the highest all-time winning percentage in Ohio HS football history-- going back to Wyoming's first team in 1930) then you just don't know or understand the Wyoming district. THAT is NOT why people move into that district-- I know this from first-hand experience, having lived in both the WW and Wyoming districts, for many years (each).

Either way, use the Finneytown example, if you want a realistic goal for the WWSD to aspire to-- and winning HS football is a foreign concept in Finneytown.

Last edited:

Lets hit somebody! Right? That’s what we are raised with in Greenhills and Forest Park. Lol
Love it.
Hell Coach Parker, who I appreciated,, had a horrible year early on where Harrison beat us like 36-0 and we lot 5-6 games in a row.
I mean like seriously that season was a joke. But Coach got they stuff together. Give these guys the same chance.
If they can’t get this team together then I’ll be right out front pointing that out.
That’s all I’m really saying. Great post. The majority of our posters on here no some football. Other supporters probably learn from Madden! The video game

It's not at all clear what your message was trying to say-- but if you think families are moving into the Wyoming school district because of their winning football team (which is not a new phenomenon-- Wyoming currently has the highest all-time winning percentage in Ohio HS football history-- going back to Wyoming's first team in 1930) then you just don't know or understand the Wyoming district. THAT is NOT why people move into that district-- I know this from first-hand experience, having lived in both the WW and Wyoming districts, for many years (each).

Either way, use the Finneytown example, if you want a realistic goal for the WWSD to aspire to-- and winning HS football is a foreign concept in Finneytown.
I thought you referred that Wyoming doesn’t win that’s all. I know why families move to Wyoming

Love it.
Cynkar, Everhart, Parker the first three WW coaches all had bad seasons.

Hey blue I thought we were going w a more uptempo game plan. Seems like the plays are coming in slow this week. I heard there was an issue with the headsets @ Lasalle.
Yes, that’s was the plan and I believe it still is. There was an issue at Lasalle with the headsets. I believe it was fixed. Things haven’t gone as planned with the offense so up tempo isn’t rolling full steam yet.