Winton Woods v Kings

I do not wish to single any of these people out for public criticism or ridicule-- but it is possible to verify with a school whether a person is a graduate of that institution.

But even if ALL of these people had earned their degree, you have named only ~20 players here-- that is the equivalent of about one year's senior class on an average WWHS roster-- but you have pulled this list from a period covering at least 10-15 years of WWHS rosters-- which means that you can name (off the top of your head) a group that is well less than 10% (probably closer to 5%) of all the kids who put in a boatload of time on the WWHS football roster, who then went to college and (allegedly) got their degree-- NOT very good odds for those players, over the years. Those kids' odds of getting a college degree would have been considerably higher, had they focused on school, gotten A's and B's in class, and applied for academic scholarships-- that's not a ~5% chance-- that's more like a 50% or better chance of making it to college, and earning a degree.
Boy shut up and go look it up then and verify it. I speak facts not conjecture like u. How tf u gone make up some percentages to strengthen your argument. How do u know it’s 45 percent harder to get an academic scholarship than an athletic one u white mfs really crazy lol

Grew up in the "F-Section"--and still own the house-- not a totally different world. You don't have a clue what YOU are talking about, if you think football is the way up or out. You also don't have a clue about the options available for top minority students to get financial aid (not loans) to pay for college-- the money is there, for those with good-to-excellent grades. You also don't have a clue if you don't think degrees are important because these kids "aren't going to use (their) degree in life anyway". But, I didn't start "speaking on black ppls politics"-- YOU DID-- I started speaking on the importance of academic education (far more important than football) in getting ahead in life-- and YOU kept turning it into a racial issue. When did academic classroom performance become the concern of some races, and not others?
So u growing up in the F section means u have the same hardships and understanding of black issues. U sound ignorant and dumb. Everything you’re saying is about race u jus thinking u talking in code but I know the code that’s wy I’m calling u out

Grew up in the "F-Section"--and still own the house-- not a totally different world. You don't have a clue what YOU are talking about, if you think football is the way up or out. You also don't have a clue about the options available for top minority students to get financial aid (not loans) to pay for college-- the money is there, for those with good-to-excellent grades. You also don't have a clue if you don't think degrees are important because these kids "aren't going to use (their) degree in life anyway". But, I didn't start "speaking on black ppls politics"-- YOU DID-- I started speaking on the importance of academic education (far more important than football) in getting ahead in life-- and YOU kept turning it into a racial issue. When did academic classroom performance become the concern of some races, and not others?
And there’s plenty of black kids at Winton woods taking advantage of those academic scholarships and opportunities everything ain’t for everybody. Some ppl get there through academics some get there through athletics it doesn’t matter how u get there. If u think every person at a school is gonna get an academic scholarship u living in fantasyland and need to wake up

Dexter Manley wants to know how he was able to stay eligible to play for 4 seasons of college football, without knowing how to read-- Answer: He was put in all kinds of BS classes that did not meet most of the requirements for graduating with a degree, he was given athletic department-paid "tutors" who did his class assignments for him, even in those ridiculous classes (in blatant violation of NCAA rules), and he was the beneficiary of professors who wanted to see him stay academically eligible (to perform for the school's football team) or who were pressured by the school's athletic department to give him passing grades, whether he earned them or not-- BUT, at the end of 4 years, he was NOWHERE CLOSE to earning a degree... Dexter is part of that group of literally tens of thousands of other unqualified and/or disinterested college "student"-athletes who never came close to earning their degree, despite spending four, five, or even six years on a college campus.

Those NCAA academic eligibility rules you mention (with which I am intimately familiar, as I was an NCAA Division I athlete) have all kinds of ways of being circumvented-- including many of the ones I mentioned above (that were used with Dexter Manley). Just because you have met those NCAA academic credit-hour guidelines does NOT mean that you will be on track to graduate on time, at the end of four or five years-- or ever! And the problem is not confined to people who leave college early for the NFL (never mind how fast most of those guys are drummed out of the league, and broke: the average NFL career is ~2 years-- and the average NFL athlete is broke within 2 years of leaving the league)-- it is a HUGE issue with athletes who spend 4-5 years in college, and never even sniff the NFL (or NBA).

But I think you ought to stop saying that "a degree is worthless in today's time"-- you could NOT BE more wrong! You are just setting up any kids who listen to you, for financial failure in life. Just as an example-- and it is topical, because there was a discussion about HS football coaches--and who wants to be one (or not)-- earlier in this very thread: You can NOT be a HS football head coach at most every Ohio high school, unless you have earned your college degree-- the schools simply will NOT hire you without it.
No u need to tell us wat college u went to and wat type of degree u hold? And wat are u doing with said degree?

And I’m telling u the dexter Manley situations that doesn’t go on lik that in college football anymore they don’t allow it I know from personal experience. If you’re not doing your school work you will be gone period u won’t be staying at a school 5 years and be a sophomore it won’t happen today

U don’t need to worry about whether wwsd ppl get degrees though, that’s not for u to be concerned with this is about football and lik I said I can name dozens of WW players who got degrees u jus wanna talk about the ppl who don’t lik that’s exclusive to WW. And lik I said you’re white u don’t got no business speaking on black politics at all or questioning who got degrees and who don’t. Talk about the Kyle Slater’s who never even made it to college from Anderson. And as I’ve said before the list goes on and on of WW players who have degrees I know this personally for a fact
I AM concerned with whether WWSD people get degrees-- I own a home in the district-- and the poor performance of the WWSD negatively affects my property value. I'm not "speaking on black politics"-- I'm speaking on green financial issues-- green, no matter what race you are.

And I’m telling u the dexter Manley situations that doesn’t go on lik that in college football anymore they don’t allow it I know from personal experience. If you’re not doing your school work you will be gone period u won’t be staying at a school 5 years and be a sophomore it won’t happen today
WRONG!

Boy shut up and go look it up then and verify it. I speak facts not conjecture like u. How tf u gone make up some percentages to strengthen your argument. How do u know it’s 45 percent harder to get an academic scholarship than an athletic one u white mfs really crazy lol
Because I can show you the math on the likelihood of finishing college with a degree, for NON-athlete college students-- and I can even break it down by race (since you insist on making this a racial issue) and wealth status-- and I can show you that a black kid (rich or poor) who goes to college solely on an academic basis has a better chance of finishing college and getting his/her degree than the black kid who goes to college on a football scholarship-- AND I can show you that the black kid who does not even PLAY football in HS, but focuses on academics first, has a much better percentage of getting to college in the first place than the kid who plays football in HS... so "Boy shut up".

So u growing up in the F section means u have the same hardships and understanding of black issues. U sound ignorant and dumb. Everything you’re saying is about race u jus thinking u talking in code but I know the code that’s wy I’m calling u out
I didn't bring up race once-- you did, over and over-- you've made this all about race. And you're wrong on every thing you believe. You talk about being ignorant and dumb-- you don't have a clue how to coach these young people on how to have professional or financial success in their careers-- football is one of the worst, least likely ways they could possibly choose, to get ahead. The scholarship money sitting out there, from both average and top-shelf academic colleges, to assist high-performing minority students attend college (and FINISH their degrees) is so much more attainable than a football scholarship-- and it does NOT come with the strings attached (e.g.- having to spend 40-50 hours/week, or more, practicing football)-- that undermine that student's college academic performance.

And there’s plenty of black kids at Winton woods taking advantage of those academic scholarships and opportunities everything ain’t for everybody. Some ppl get there through academics some get there through athletics it doesn’t matter how u get there. If u think every person at a school is gonna get an academic scholarship u living in fantasyland and need to wake up
You are right-- not everyone is going to get an academic scholarship. BUT, far more of these kids COULD get one, if so many of them were not totally diverted by the flashy allure of playing football. So many kids let their academics slip, to focus on athletics, when they have NO CHANCE of being a college athlete. There are only 2-3 kids each year at WWSD who are good enough to get college football scholarships-- but there are 20+ kids in every class who all THINK they are that good, and are going to play in college (and then have the even more absurd fantasy of playing in the NFL)-- it's just absurd, how bad the odds are, for these kids-- and yet they buy into this nonsense like somebody who buys a single lottery ticket and thinks they are going to win the Mega-Millions Jackpot.

The best odds for a good return on time and effort spent (and THAT is my business-- calculating the odds of making a good return on investment) for these kids are in the classroom-- NOT being average, NOT being mediocre, NOT being poor-- but trying to raise their academic performance (and standardized test scores) to above average--and then looking for the schools that are crying out for exactly that student--and there are literally hundreds of colleges that are looking for that student profile.

And if there were any significant number of WWSD "kids... taking advantage of these academic scholarships and opportunities", then the WWSD's academic performance would NOT BE SO POOR! WWSD would not consistently be rated either a 2 or a 3 on a scale of 10 for academic performance by Zillow's GreatSchools scoring system. The PublicSchoolReview website uses the state of Ohio's own testing data to rank all 924 public school districts in Ohio-- and WWSD is ranked 731 out of 924 Ohio public school districts-- or in the bottom 20% of all public school districts in Ohio for academic performance.

You are right-- not everyone is going to get an academic scholarship. BUT, far more of these kids COULD get one, if so many of them were not totally diverted by the flashy allure of playing football. So many kids let their academics slip, to focus on athletics, when they have NO CHANCE of being a college athlete. There are only 2-3 kids each year at WWSD who are good enough to get college football scholarships-- but there are 20+ kids in every class who all THINK they are that good, and are going to play in college (and then have the even more absurd fantasy of playing in the NFL)-- it's just absurd, how bad the odds are, for these kids-- and yet they buy into this nonsense like somebody who buys a single lottery ticket and thinks they are going to win the Mega-Millions Jackpot.

The best odds for a good return on time and effort spent (and THAT is my business-- calculating the odds of making a good return on investment) for these kids are in the classroom-- NOT being average, NOT being mediocre, NOT being poor-- but trying to raise their academic performance (and standardized test scores) to above average--and then looking for the schools that are crying out for exactly that student--and there are literally hundreds of colleges that are looking for that student profile.

And if there were any significant number of WWSD "kids... taking advantage of these academic scholarships and opportunities", then the WWSD's academic performance would NOT BE SO POOR! WWSD would not consistently be rated either a 2 or a 3 on a scale of 10 for academic performance by Zillow's GreatSchools scoring system. The PublicSchoolReview website uses the state of Ohio's own testing data to rank all 924 public school districts in Ohio-- and WWSD is ranked 731 out of 924 Ohio public school districts-- or in the bottom 20% of all public school districts in Ohio for academic performance.
Nobody’s grades drop because of athletics athletics force u to keep your grades up that’s some made up nonsense that white ppl say. If someone gonna have bad grades they gonna have bad grades sports have nothing to do with it it’s ppl flunking out and not going to school who ain’t touched a football field

Because I can show you the math on the likelihood of finishing college with a degree, for NON-athlete college students-- and I can even break it down by race (since you insist on making this a racial issue) and wealth status-- and I can show you that a black kid (rich or poor) who goes to college solely on an academic basis has a better chance of finishing college and getting his/her degree than the black kid who goes to college on a football scholarship-- AND I can show you that the black kid who does not even PLAY football in HS, but focuses on academics first, has a much better percentage of getting to college in the first place than the kid who plays football in HS... so "Boy shut up".
U can’t show me the math on anything ppl go to college every year and flunk out cuz of partying and drinking etc it has nothing to do with sports majority of the ppl who flunking out is the ppl that aren’t on scholarship the regular students

Well why dont u take yo mf up to these schools and teach some business and investments since u know so much about it and stop runnin your mouth since u some educator and u so concerned with these kids education

Well why dont u take yo mf up to these schools and teach some business and investments since u know so much about it and stop runnin your mouth since u some educator and u so concerned with these kids education
I HAVE DONE THAT-- I used to do the WWHS Career Day (for several years)-- giving short seminars, and talking to students about careers in the sciences, information technology, and the financial investment field-- and then, after the presentations, when I would ask the kids what they were interested in pursuing/becoming-- the answer (from virtually EVERY boy in the class) was "I'm gonna play in the NFL" or "I'm gonna play in the NBA".

At that point (in the early 1990's), Carlton Gray was the ONLY FPHS (or WWHS) grad that had EVER played in either of the NFL or the NBA, in 25+ years of the school's existence-- but when I would point that out to them, and tell them that the odds were incredibly bad that any of them were ever going to be in the NFL or the NBA, and that their odds were MUCH better at getting a normal business job in the computer industry or the financial industry (if they would just TRAIN for that, like they would train for football or basketball), they would just retort "Carlton Gray did it." After a while, it just became too disheartening and depressing to keep going back every year, to hear those same irrational responses.

It's REALLY HARD to counteract the misinformation, false hope, and delusional nonsense with which these kids are being inundated every day, week, year. The odds are the there is probably not a single kid in WWHS today who will make any kind of living in either the NFL or the NBA-- but an incredible number of them BELIEVE that they will-- and act (TODAY) accordingly. When people like you keep saying stuff like "college degrees don't matter"-- and at the same time acting like high school football game results DO, saying stuff like "the community won't stand for a losing football team"-- YOU are sending ALL the wrong messages to these kids.