Oak Hills votes for masking to be optional

Questions about the vaccines already required to attend Ohio school…Were they rushed to market without any traditional clinical trials? Have those vaccines been around less than a year? Those vaccines also waiting to be FDA approved? Those vaccines have any long term side affects in children? Those vaccines need another vaccine every 8 months? Those vaccines treat an illness that has virtually no impact on children?

I'm sure some will cry foul at linking this for whatever reason as if Johns Hopkins is all of a sudden not trustworthy, but there is virtually no reason to be worried about these vaccines. Apprehensive? Sure, if you wanna be. But these would not be out for public use if they were truly dangerous. And, mind you, ANY vaccine you or your child has gotten could've potentially caused a reaction. That's always a risk, always has been, probably always will be.

I will support someone's right to choose whatever they do with their body and medical choices, but don't be so scared all the time.

Btw what is Elder’s mask policy this year? Moeller is mask optional IF you’re vaccinated, otherwise wear one indoors. Playing a sport? Better have a mask on or vaccine in case you’re “exposed”. This will avoid mandatory quarantine. We all chose vaccine.
An unvaccinated Moeller Soccer Player Must wear a Mask while playing soccer? No way people would be going nuts. Think your seriously exaggerating on this one or just plain don’t understand the policies.

I'm sure some will cry foul at linking this for whatever reason as if Johns Hopkins is all of a sudden not trustworthy, but there is virtually no reason to be worried about these vaccines. Apprehensive? Sure, if you wanna be. But these would not be out for public use if they were truly dangerous. And, mind you, ANY vaccine you or your child has gotten could've potentially caused a reaction. That's always a risk, always has been, probably always will be.

I will support someone's right to choose whatever they do with their body and medical choices, but don't be so scared all the time.
Scared? I had COVID and I am healthy. It was a breeze and I had no real side effects. I am not at all scared. I’d go back to “normal” and 100% open right now. Lets open it all up!!!!

Chances of COVID vax causing health issues is VERY low. Those at high risk should take it as getting COVID would be otherwise serious.

However, the fact remains, no reason exists for healthy people to get vaccinated. The previous poster compared vaccinations which have been around forever, to the COVID vax, and right now, it’s just too soon to know.

If it’s as safe as article leads us to believe, answer all my questions. Why hasn’t the FDA officially approved the COVID vax yet? When that happens, many may be more open to the idea.

Last edited:

Only 350 US kids from age 0-17 have died with(emphasis on with because most of these kids had pre-conditions) Chinavirus in 18 months. Not as deadly as sports, driving in a car, swimming, etc.
No chance I would advice my kids or grandkids to get the vaccine, no chance.

An unvaccinated Moeller Soccer Player Must wear a Mask while playing soccer? No way people would be going nuts. Think your seriously exaggerating on this one or just plain don’t understand the policies.
Nope. The rule of the mask OR vaccine applies in the classroom, to avoid quarantine; Not while playing or practicing sports. My comment of “want to play” was meaning, follow the rules in the class or you will find yourself out of the sport for a time period due to a dumb quarantine rule. By that logic, I guess the only way you’d be kept from a quarantine in your sport is if you had the vaccine? Lebanon’s football team can enlighten us on that one.
Even better, my daughter’s grade school, masks required everywhere. But, 5 of her classmates practice volleyball, indoors, with her, and nobody wears a mask. And that’s the school volleyball team on school property.

Last edited:
Nope. The rule of the mask OR vaccine applies in the classroom, to avoid quarantine; Not while playing or practicing sports. My comment of “want to play” was meaning, follow the rules in the class or you will find yourself out of the sport for a time period due to a dumb quarantine rule. Makes zero sense right? Bc the rules aren’t followed like that for sports.
Even better, my daughter’s grade school, masks required everywhere. But, 5 of her classmates practice volleyball, indoors, with her, and nobody wears a mask. And that’s the school volleyball team on school property.
Got it. Like at Lourdes Mask mandatory inside the School but not at Church.

I’d say no more than 25% will decide to take it when FDA approves. From my experience, many of the anti vax ppl are using info taken from Facebook as their reason why they are “against the vaccine”. I now have had 11 people (family members included) tell me, “I read on Facebook…”
You can have a reason to not take it, but come up with something more intelligent than Facebook as your source. Discuss it with your family doc, read a medical journal, something.

I’d say no more than 25% will decide to take it when FDA approves. From my experience, many of the anti vax ppl are using info taken from Facebook as their reason why they are “against the vaccine”. I now have had 11 people (family members included) tell me, “I read on Facebook…”
You can have a reason to not take it, but come up with something more intelligent than Facebook as your source. Discuss it with your family doc, read a medical journal, something.
I simply don’t trust the CDC and the manufacturers and not sure how they could now get me to change my opinion after all their lies to get vaccinated. Also have 0 interest in getting vaccinated and still having to wear a Mask. Anyone that makes those kind of decisions from what they saw on Facebook is a Fool! I have a couple family members who have said the same non sense.

Genuinely curious about the lies to get vaccinated.
I will start with get the vaccine to make this pandemic go away. They all have said this. Ok so millions are vaccinated and they can still get covid, still have to wear Mask. Now everyone gonna need a booster shot. So does the vaccine actually work? How many shots make it work? How many different “takes” has Fake Fauci given on Mask and whether they actually work or not? The virus for many months only “came out” after 10pm. A bunch of lies and bs. Sorry if you believe all this ? but I don’t and they have made no strides in convincing me otherwise. These lies have been passed along by many members of both parties.

Most of this Covid nonsense has been as anti-scientific as you can get. Where in any of this has the scientific method actually been used? There have been no hypotheses about Covid, only "facts" and then the "facts" change. We keep being told to "trust the science" when no level of science has been utilized at any point during this "pandemic."

I know of 7 people currently that had Covid last year, they then got fully vaccinated, to then get Covid again. So what is this vaccine actually doing? We were told if you had Covid and had antibodies, you're good to go and your body will fight it. We were told if you had it no need to get vaccinated. Then we were told, even though you had it, and have antibodies, you need the vaccine so you don't spread it to others. Now we are told, even though you had it and are fully vaccinated you can still get the illness and spread it to others. So seriously, what is the point? We have over 50% of the American population fully vaccinated. There is about 9% of the total population that has received 1 of the 2 required shots. About 15% of the American population is under the age of 12 and not eligible for the vaccine. That leaves about 25% of the American population that is eligible for the vaccine who has not done it yet. When you look at the numbers, cases are at an all time high in many states........ this is NOT a pandemic among unvaccinated. I know how important numbers are to science, and there is zero data that supports this ridiculous claim. Lastly, everyone keeps talking about how this is the "delta" variant, yet nobody, and I mean nobody is testing for which strain of Covid they have. Most labs are still using the PCR tests that the CDC says are not accurate.

So again, we have been lied to about every single part of this pandemic.

Our leaders would get more sympathy and understanding from the public if they just said, "We don't have any idea about any of this."

From the very beginning, the vaccine’s intent was to suppress serious symptoms and hospitalization, not to eradicate the virus.

You can’t eradicate this type of virus with a vaccine because it’s animal borne. It’s no different than getting the flu after you get a flu shot. It will be around forever.

From the very beginning, the vaccine’s intent was to suppress serious symptoms and hospitalization, not to eradicate the virus.

You can’t eradicate this type of virus with a vaccine because it’s animal borne. It’s no different than getting the flu after you get a flu shot. It will be around forever.
Bingo.

Not usually in a position to agree with Trey, but I do in this case. Corona Virus will never go away. I am sure someone will tell me how wrong I am but a virus like this will mutate in order to stay alive. The goal of the vaccine is to force it to mutate into a less deadly version of itself. You will still have people getting it who have been vaccinated but at a lower rate and with fewer symptoms. And yes natural antibody are more effective then the vaccine, but against the strain that they had. The vaccine is more effective against a wider range of mutations or strainChildren are not getting sick from the virus, but we are not vaccinating them to keep them from getting sick we are vaccinating them to keep them from being carriers. A child can be a host without getting sick and as long as there are hosts this virus will continue as it is.

anyone who says this vaccine hasn’t been tested or it has just been thrown together in the last year, let’s be honest. People have been working on Corona virus’ for decades, the 19 strain is a little different and yes the final 3 years of the approval process got squeezed into 6-9 months, but I bet we can all agree that anything that involves the government can be improved by at least 75% if it needs to be and that is all that has happened here. This vaccine is every bit as safe as any of the vaccines kids are already mandated to get to attend school.

I’m sure this won’t change anybody’s mind, but wanted to throw it out there. What do they say, don’t talk about politics or religion, this is a combination of both which makes it worse.

Not true at all..... we are still being told by our government leaders that we can end this if everyone would simply get vaccinated. It is also not suppressing symptoms. The 7 people I know personally that have had it a 2nd time had WAY more trouble with it than the first time, and they were all fully vaccinated. My next door neighbor is a nurse at St. Elizabeth on the Covid unit. They have never been overrun at any point, and she told me last weekend that of the Covid patients in ICU, almost half are fully vaccinated.

There were people that predicted the vaccination would cause a surge. Since the vaccine doesn't eradicate the virus as you clearly pointed out, it would cause it to mutate (delta variant). So, while not a popular opinion, there are doctors stating that the vaccine is and has caused this mass outbreak and mutation (Or everyone has a cold or flu, which are both Sars viruses and the PCR tests are misdiagnosing them all as Covid again).

We can end the pandemic if everyone gets vaccinated - yes. It won’t end the coronavirus. In fact, we’re likely to be dealing with this for a very long time.

Moral of the story - do whatever it takes to get healthy. Stop taking every word you hear on TV as gospel and just use your brain.

We can end the pandemic if everyone gets vaccinated - yes. It won’t end the coronavirus. In fact, we’re likely to be dealing with this for a very long time.

Moral of the story - do whatever it takes to get healthy. Stop taking every word you hear on TV as gospel and just use your brain.
How does everyone getting vaccinated end the pandemic when the vaccinated are the ones getting sick causing the current spike?

I don't watch very much TV, so hard to take it as gospel, but what I do hear is "get vaccinated to end the pandemic" just like you stated. I must be a knuckle dragger because I don't understand how getting vaccinated is the answer when it's vaccinated people causing record spikes. I sure feel like I'm using my brain, but perhaps you can break it down nice and slow for me to understand.

How does everyone getting vaccinated end the pandemic when the vaccinated are the ones getting sick causing the current spike?

I don't watch very much TV, so hard to take it as gospel, but what I do hear is "get vaccinated to end the pandemic" just like you stated. I must be a knuckle dragger because I don't understand how getting vaccinated is the answer when it's vaccinated people causing record spikes. I sure feel like I'm using my brain, but perhaps you can break it down nice and slow for me to understand.
Because vaccinated people, by and large, don't end up in the ICU. The pandemic becomes endemic.

Because vaccinated people, by and large, don't end up in the ICU.
And in general, the number of people getting coronavirus that are vaccinated aren’t nearly large enough to continue in a pandemic state..

That number is minuscule compared to the numbers of those not vaccinated.

If 100% of the population was vaccinated, which I know that’s probably not possible, the pandemic would be over.

Coronavirus would still exist, and people would still get it, but it wouldn’t be a pandemic.

I’m sure there is a threshold of percent vaccinated where we could get to that point without being at 100%.

And in general, the number of people getting coronavirus that are vaccinated aren’t nearly large enough to continue in a pandemic state..

That number is minuscule compared to the numbers of those not vaccinated.
You are saying the vaccinated people are causing the record spikes. That’s just not true.
Then if only 25% of our population eligible for the vaccine is not vaccinated. Over half of our population is fully vaccinated, yet we have more cases than ever. The math and statistical likelihood of that happening just isn't there. Our fully vaccinated population is getting and spreading this.

I am fairly sure I had Covid a second time about a month ago, I never got tested, because what was the point. I had last Thanksgiving, and have been fully vaccinated since Early March. What would me getting tested solve?

Ohio Department of Health Vaccine Breakthrough Dashboard: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/po...oards/covid-19-vaccine/breakthrough-dashboard

Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 19,028 (98.1%)
Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 362 (1.8%)

Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 6,910 (99.0%)
Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 67 (0.96%)

Ohio Department of Health Vaccine Breakthrough Dashboard: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/po...oards/covid-19-vaccine/breakthrough-dashboard

Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 19,028 (98.1%)
Covid-19 Hospitalizations since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 362 (1.8%)

Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among Individuals not reported as fully vaccinated: 6,910 (99.0%)
Covid-19 Deaths since 1/1/2021 among fully vaccinated individuals: 67 (0.96%)
Thanks. I appreciate it. Do we know if Ohio hospitals are required to report breakthrough cases? I know in KY they are not and in many states they are not.

1629390640107.png