Oak Hills votes for masking to be optional

Lakota schools have gone from optional masking to mandatory masks.
What a shame! Hopefully this cost them some students to private Schools not requiring Mask.

Hey guys two jokes for you all.

Why do the Amish people have such low Covid-19 cases?

They don't watch TV. :)

What do masks, Covid vaccinations and Liberals have in common?

None of them work. ;)

Please this is all in fun please keep it cool........
One lab rat asks another lab rat “Have you gotten the Covid vaccination?” Other lab rat says “No. They’re still testing it on humans.”

So our priest sent a letter to the parents explaining why he decided masks mandatory. He used “potential bullying” as the #1 reason for making everyone wear them. Needless to say, I’ve told my daughter we have begun to look for a new school for you. She is ready to leave.

So our priest sent a letter to the parents explaining why he decided masks mandatory. He used “potential bullying” as the #1 reason for making everyone wear them. Needless to say, I’ve told my daughter we have begun to look for a new school for you. She is ready to leave.

No science or math and child abuse (sadly, nothing new to the Church)......

Sounds like Dewine is taking a common sense approach by advocating that every student who can be vaccinated should be and every student not yet old enough to be vaccinated should wear a mask.

What school? Seems you're gonna run into masks everywhere at some point again, so seems a bit silly to switch schools and make her leave her friends over something so small and that you might have to deal with at the next school again anyways lol

What school? Seems you're gonna run into masks everywhere at some point again, so seems a bit silly to switch schools and make her leave her friends over something so small and that you might have to deal with at the next school again anyways lol
Oh sure, we may or may not. But, when you list the #1 reason for mandatory masks as “potential bullying”, that tells me (and other parents) how weak of a leader the priest (and the principal) are at this church. The same church btw that had a summer festival (inside and outside) with no masks. The same church that has mass with no masks or limits the number of people. It’s hard to respect the leadership.

It is Lourdes? I was told this evening at soccer that the Lourdes Principal is taking a leave of absence for the next 30 days. It's not "mask related" directly, but it's certainly a contributing factor. Many are not happy with the pastor and his lies are piling up.

Oh sure, we may or may not. But, when you list the #1 reason for mandatory masks as “potential bullying”, that tells me (and other parents) how weak of a leader the priest (and the principal) are at this church. The same church btw that had a summer festival (inside and outside) with no masks. The same church that has mass with no masks or limits the number of people. It’s hard to respect the leadership.
If it's Lourdes, they've also been hosting hundreds of grade school boys and families in both gyms for the annual Summer Basketball League.

It is Lourdes? I was told this evening at soccer that the Lourdes Principal is taking a leave of absence for the next 30 days. It's not "mask related" directly, but it's certainly a contributing factor. Many are not happy with the pastor and his lies are piling up.
Wow, interesting. Care to share any of the Pastors pile of lies?

No, St Margaret. The school is on its 5th principal in the last 9 years. We’ve also had 4 different priests in that time. That should speak volumes. I’ve always let my kids decide on whether or not they want to stay there through all the changes. My youngest now says time to go over their “reasoning” for a mask. And of course our priest is leaving for Spain for 3 months (planned) so he escapes it all. I hope the legislation gets passed in Ohio that will not allow schools to mandate masks. It’s in the works.

Last edited:
No, St Margaret. The school is on its 5th principal in the last 9 years. We’ve also had 4 different priests in that time. That should speak volumes. I’ve always let my kids decide on whether or not they want to stay there through all the changes. My youngest now says time to go over their “reasoning” for a mask. And of course our priest is leaving for Spain for 3 months (planned) so he escapes it all. I hope the legislation gets passed in Ohio that will not allow schools to mandate masks. It’s in the works.
1) How old is this kid, who has (allegedly) done the deep analysis of the parish school's reasoning on masks-- and concluded that it is "time to go"-- away from the school where all of his/her friends are? This whole statement seems highly dubious to me-- kids just don't think that way-- or do these things that you describe; this sounds FAR more like you (who have shown yourself to be HIGHLY exercised about mask mandates) initiated a discussion with your kid-- and then he/she acquiesced to something for which you were strongly advocating (maybe even demanding).

2) If the state legislature is benighted enough to pass a "mask mandate ban"-- expect it to be rapidly challenged by a number of large school districts-- and for the courts to strike down the ban, in short order as happened in Florida-- and will likely happen in Texas, once the school districts appeal beyond the Texas State Supreme Court-- which consists of elected judges-- who are pandering to one extreme of the state's electorate, with their recent decision in favor of the bans)-- there is nothing rational about banning masks, in an environment in which the new Delta variant of Covid-19 (which is both much more communicable and significantly more lethal to children) is rampant-- and at the same time those children (under age 12) are not yet able to get vaccinated against Covid-19. It's like saying to parents, teachers, and school adminstrators "you do not have the right to protect the school's population against the virus-- and those in your population who will not follow rational public health practices".

If you don't like the mask mandate, you SHOULD move your child to a school where they think as you do-- but don't try to get the state to countermand the rational public health practices of a private organization... (and don't try to convince us that moving your kid was your kid's idea).

Sounds like the parishioners at St M may be a real pain in the neck to go through that many principals and priests in such a short time. Or whoever is on the hiring committee for the principals hasn’t done a very good job.

Last edited:
Sounds like the parishioners at St M may be a real pain in the neck to go through that many principals and priests in such a short time. Or whoever is on the hiring committee for the principals hasn’t done a very good job.
LOL - it’s so funny how some people get mad when people aren’t obedient little Catholics. Times are a changin - people aren’t just going to sit around and do what they’re told anymore.

LOL - it’s so funny how some people get mad when people aren’t obedient little Catholics. Times are a changin - people aren’t just going to sit around and do what they’re told anymore.
Well, you're wrong. The past year and half shows that most people will just sit around and do what they are told.

Last edited:
9 Principals &Priest in 9 years sounds like the whole parish is one big cluster Fruck! With a Hiring committee, how much say do the Pastors have in selecting the Principal?

9 Principals &Priest in 9 years sounds like the whole parish is one big cluster Fruck! With a Hiring committee, how much say do the Pastors have in selecting the Principal?
The priests, we essentially had no control over bc ultimately that’s the Archdiocese. Two were moved due to their “experience needed elsewhere”, the 3rd sadly died and now we have the 4th. When you move a new priest into a parish with a school, you get new ideas. $ome priests listen to certain parent$ more than others. Like I said, I check with my kids every year if they are happy. Unfortunately this time the answer was “no”. Again, hoping for the law passes so schools cannot mandate the masks. Otherwise, I believe schools will think masks are the answer every year. We certainly know Fauci believes it. Sigh.
We are not leaving the school today. I will look before I leap.

there is nothing rational about banning masks, in an environment in which the new Delta variant of Covid-19 (which is both much more communicable and significantly more lethal to children) is rampant-- and at the same time those children (under age 12) are not yet able to get vaccinated against Covid-19. It's like saying to parents, teachers, and school adminstrators "you do not have the right to protect the school's population against the virus-- and those in your population who will not follow rational public health practices".

I don't see anyone on here saying to ban masks from being worn in school. From what I have read, most on here have agreed the parents should be given the choice to have their kid wear a mask at school.

Btw what is Elder’s mask policy this year? Moeller is mask optional IF you’re vaccinated, otherwise wear one indoors. Playing a sport? Better have a mask on or vaccine in case you’re “exposed”. This will avoid mandatory quarantine. We all chose vaccine.