Oak Hills votes for masking to be optional

Exactly—very hard. Over here, Apparently St Columban is mask optional (I was wrong) BUT their students can’t leave their seats and can’t do “group activities” in the classroom. St Sue is mask optional. St Margaret is mask mandatory. So, what some are doing at St Margaret is a protest ? but also heard some are transferring to another non mask school.

It’s hard when your child has been there with friends. Not to mention, already paid the first 2 months tuition and we know there are no refunds with the Catholic Church. If I had time to prepare, possibly. And how do I know in 4 weeks when these other schools get a handful of “positive covid” cases, they don’t go mask required. It’s so dumb.

Exactly—very hard. Over here, Apparently St Columban is mask optional (I was wrong) BUT their students can’t leave their seats and can’t do “group activities” in the classroom. St Sue is mask optional. St Margaret is mask mandatory. So, what some are doing at St Margaret is a protest ? but also heard some are transferring to another non mask school.

It’s hard when your child has been there with friends. Not to mention, already paid the first 2 months tuition and we know there are no refunds with the Catholic Church. If I had time to prepare, possibly. And how do I know in 4 weeks when these other schools get a handful of “positive covid” cases, they don’t go mask required. It’s so dumb.

Yep. We love our kids' school. Fabulous experience. We've talked: if they mandate masks, do we yank them and take all that away? The kids are stuck in the middle.

What they are protesting is that Lourdes has a mask mandate and nearly all the other local catholic schools do not.

Masks DO NOT WORK. The kids ARE NOT AT RISK. No reason exists to have a mask mandate in place.

The majority of people agree with you on your stance. I think everyone feels this government and leadership control is getting a little out of hand, that’s why people should collectively push back. There’s nothing wrong with that, and just because you pay tuition, it doesn’t mean you can’t push for common sense change and decision making.

Last edited:
Yep. We love our kids' school. Fabulous experience. We've talked: if they mandate masks, do we yank them and take all that away? The kids are stuck in the middle.
Great honest post!

Side Note, had Family member go to an indoor event at a local Catholic Grade School today and sign on door said Mask recommended. Said she saw probably 80-100 people (of all ages) and only 2 wearing a Mask.

Just don't complain when the hospital turns your kid away from the ICU.
Haha. They had it already via confirmation of antibodies (free test at wife’s work); never saw a doctor or hospital. MOST people and kids are the same way. All eligible for vaccine here in my house received that as well. Our choice, our life. Government should educate, not dictate. This way overblown! My kids have been sick at some point during every school year. Such is life.

Haha. They had it already via confirmation of antibodies (free test at wife’s work); never saw a doctor or hospital. MOST people and kids are the same way. All eligible for vaccine here in my house received that as well. Our choice, our life. Government should educate, not dictate. This way overblown! My kids have been sick at some point during every school year. Such is life.
So you all are good with a woman's right to choose an abortion? Her choice right? Not really that concerned about covid but have a general concern when one peds ICU spot is available in the city, regardless of cause.

You really think it’s from people not wearing cotton masks? Really?

Masks or no masks, this virus is gonna do what it wants. Stop with the asinine hyperbole.
I think it's from people who were too busy in their level 2 classes to get a basic grasp of science.

When was the last time you scrubbed in for surgery? How good are you at establishing a sterile field?
So you all are good with a woman's right to choose an abortion? Her choice right? Not really that concerned about covid but have a general concern when one peds ICU spot is available in the city, regardless of cause.
abortion? Really? How did you jump from an upper respiratory virus to abortion?

When was the last time you scrubbed in for surgery? How good are you at establishing a sterile field?
Wtf does this have to do with the general public wearing masks?

Should we all scrub in every day before we start our day. You can’t be serious. This is the dumbest thing ever posted in this forum, and I say a lot of dumb things.

I think it's from people who were too busy in their level 2 classes to get a basic grasp of science.
Very true UCArch. The virus has done what its done. All covid cases in MY house came with the mask requirements everywhere. How’d that workout? “Limit the spread” haha not with a mask. Avoiding ppl, sure. Your choice. I’m not responsible for other’s health, just mine.

And from wearing masks to “scrubbing in”
You claimed masks don't work, correct? Do surgeons wear masks? Does you dentist? If you really think a mask in not effective in reducing viral transmission I'm really not sure what else I can say. Please stop embarrassing those elder grads who paid attention I'm science class.

I said cloth masks worn like paper towels don’t work - and that’s how 99.9% of the general population wear them. Try to keep up while you tell us how smart you are.

A
I guess we will find out.

What they are protesting is that Lourdes has a mask mandate and nearly all the other local catholic schools do not.

Masks DO NOT WORK. The kids ARE NOT AT RISK. No reason exists to have a mask mandate in place.
Are the mask mandates to protect the kids or protect the teachers?

You claimed masks don't work, correct? Do surgeons wear masks? Does you dentist? If you really think a mask in not effective in reducing viral transmission I'm really not sure what else I can say. Please stop embarrassing those elder grads who paid attention I'm science class.
You know masks for surgeons and dentists isn't for virus transmission right? It's to prevent bodily fluids from entering your body. Like if the surgeon has a runny nose, you don't want his snot dripping in your open chest cavity.

Sounds like someone has been watching way too much propa, I mean television.

The virus easily passes through most masks that people wear. There are very few people wearing top of line medical masks, and those wearing the other masks also don't wear them properly. Masks don't work, if they did this mess would be over already.

has golgi ever posted in elder forum? lol

im sure he/she isn't vaccinated but doesn't wear mask in public, and is a parent who complains about schools giving their citizens the choice to mask. lol

jtk
()

I heard the protest was well attended and they are listening. I think the parents will end up be given the choice to mask their kids.

has golgi ever posted in elder forum? lol

im sure he/she isn't vaccinated but doesn't wear mask in public, and is a parent who complains about schools giving their citizens the choice to mask. lol

jtk
()
I’ve only posted a few times in Elder forums and I am a Moe guy (insert insults here ?), but enjoy Elder forums. NOT bc I want to flame, but bc I’ve always respected their fans and insights. Served with many of them in the military as well.

I’ve only posted a few times in Elder forums and I am a Moe guy (insert insults here ?), but enjoy Elder forums. NOT bc I want to flame, but bc I’ve always respected their fans and insights. Served with many of them in the military as well.
no worries, i post in elder too but im an OH guy.

the mask nazi people are annoying though. he can do what he wants.......noone is stopping him and no one is asking for his opinion either.

jtk
()