Peyton Ramsey/Tommy Kraemer - NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a competitive process, and he was the best qualified candidate for the job, I have no issue. I will admit, I don’t know the facts, but I also don’t remember seeing any communications or ads for a social studies teacher or a football coach.

and honestly, it’s fine if they handed this to him, but stop vilifying me for saying that certain people within the circle arent granted unlimited opportunities. Just be honest.
Well job postings are listed on the school website. So you'd look there for those.

You bring this on yourself by making comments like "the Elder way!" There are plenty of companies, business, schools and teams that all do similar things. It's a problem for you because you're not part of the circle. Life's not fair trey, get over it.

Well job postings are listed on the school website. So you'd look there for those.

You bring this on yourself by making comments like "the Elder way!" There are plenty of companies, business, schools and teams that all do similar things. It's a problem for you because you're not part of the circle. Life's not fair trey, get over it.
So good, you’re finally agreeing with me.

shocking that outsiders feel it to be impossible how to break into your little “group“ - That’s not all that great in today’s more inclusive and change in society.

Like I said, I don’t have a problem with it. I think he will do a great job on the field and in the classroom.

But let’s stop with the charade that certain connected groups don’t get endless doors open for them there.I agree it happens everywhere, but when you’re trying to attract outsiders, they know who is first in line for the opportunities.

If this was a competitive process, and he was the best qualified candidate for the job, I have no issue. I will admit, I don’t know the facts, but I also don’t remember seeing any communications or ads for a social studies teacher or a football coach.

and honestly, it’s fine if they handed this to him, but stop vilifying me for saying that certain people within the circle arent granted unlimited opportunities. Just be honest.
Not sure I've ever seen them post about job openings. Always have to go to the website to look.

Like I said, I don’t have a problem with it. I think he will do a great job on the field and in the classroom.

But let’s stop with the charade that certain connected groups don’t get endless doors open for them there.I agree it happens everywhere, but when you’re trying to attract outsiders, they know who is first in line for the opportunities.
There is not a successful company, team or organization in the world that wouldn’t say they would give preferential treatment to someone like Payton Ramsey. Stop trying to make it sound like Elder is doing something different then anyone else. Please if you can show me one team school or company that doesn’t do that

Here are a few passages from an article InsideNU.com did last year about Peyton. It draws on quotes from George Leonard a social studies teacher at Bloomington North High School who was Peyton's host teacher during his student teaching assignment.
The student teaching program at Bloomington North requires a lot of work both in and out of the classroom, as IU students face the standard burden of grading papers and designing lesson plans for their pupils. Taking on the task is difficult on its face for any collegian, and even more so for a quarterback who puts in countless hours of work on the gridiron.

Yet Ramsey never wavered. He showed up to his classroom on time everyday, fully prepared, with a masterful ability to transition between the nuts and bolts of social studies to casual talk with his students, according to Leonard. He controlled the classroom much like a quarterback controls the huddle.

In Leonard’s 22 years of teaching at Bloomington North, very few IU athletes have participated in the student-teaching program. However, he could tell right away during Ramsey’s application interview that the signal caller was committed, wanting to be the best teacher could be as bad as he wanted to be the best football player he could be.

“He teaches like he quarterbacks,” said Leonard. “He has the will to win, and he has the will to educate.”
“Whenever I have a kid, whenever I have a son, I’m going tell him stories about Peyton Ramsey,” said Westbrook. “I’d just want my son to be like him.”

Leonard went even further than Westbrook, saying if either of his sons could grow up to be half as good of guys as Ramsey is, he’d be a very proud father.

Funny. When Lasalle brought in Garret Celek to coach this year("THE LASALLE WAY") the media had big articles about it and it was all over social media with the Lasalle community supporting it. In your eyes, it is okay for Lasalle to bring in a big name alumni, but it's not okay for Elder.

There is not a successful company, team or organization in the world that wouldn’t say they would give preferential treatment to someone like Payton Ramsey. Stop trying to make it sound like Elder is doing something different then anyone else. Please if you can show me one team school or company that doesn’t do that
Stop trying to make it seem like I’m saying this is a bad hire. I’m not.

Like always, deflecting from the issue I’m actually talking about - outsiders perceptions of inclusion and opportunity.

At some point, maybe one of you blowhards will actually LISTEN to what outsiders are telling you about their perceptions of fairness at your school.

Funny. When Lasalle brought in Garret Celek to coach this year("THE LASALLE WAY") the media had big articles about it and it was all over social media with the Lasalle community supporting it. In your eyes, it is okay for Lasalle to bring in a big name alumni, but it's not okay for Elder.
I never said it wasn’t Ok - that’s your narrative not mine.

So good, you’re finally agreeing with me.

shocking that outsiders feel it to be impossible how to break into your little “group“ - That’s not all that great in today’s more inclusive and change in society.
We agree a fair amount actually. In this instance, sure we do. In the bigger scale of your outsider argument, nope.

Trey what School around here doesn’t Hire young, well respected alumni when they have the chance? You think Ramsey got the job from what his last name is or because he was very qualified and obviously the right fit?

Trey what School around here doesn’t Hire young, well respected alumni when they have the chance? You think Ramsey got the job from what his last name is or because he was very qualified and obviously the right fit?
I’ve made my point on the subject. I think it’s a great hire and a great kid who will be a great role model for the students.

But at some point, if you’re serious of outsiders attitudes, ones you’re trying to attract, you start to show that with some actions.

But it goes back to my point from the very beginning, I don’t think they care about all of that - it’s just lip service if you ask me.

They’re free to hire and provide opportunity for whoever they want, but again, just call it like it is and stop the charade of saying you’re working towards more diversity and inclusion - because you’re really not.

I’d be concerned about that persona in a world, and a younger generation of parent and student, that is big on inclusivity.

We agree a fair amount actually. In this instance, sure we do. In the bigger scale of your outsider argument, nope.
I respect your opinion, I mean that. We don’t always agree, but you seem open to some thought and process change.

I’ve seen recent thoughts from you that make me believe your attitudes are more open than most.

I’ve made my point on the subject. I think it’s a great hire and a great kid who will be a great role model for the students.

But at some point, if you’re serious of outsiders attitudes, ones you’re trying to attract, you start to show that with some actions.

But it goes back to my point from the very beginning, I don’t think they care about all of that - it’s just lip service if you ask me.

They’re free to hire and provide opportunity for whoever they want, but again, just call it like it is and stop the charade of saying you’re working towards more diversity and inclusion - because you’re really not.

I’d be concerned about that persona in a world, and a younger generation of parent and student, that is big on inclusivity.
Great! Where have you come up with Elder looking to include more outsiders (all aspects of the School) mantra? Elder have some marketing campaign going on that is exclusively seeking “outsiders”?

Great! Where have you come up with Elder looking to include more outsiders (all aspects of the School) mantra? Elder have some marketing campaign going on that is exclusively seeking “outsiders”?
I think they could be doing a lot more. But a lot more seems to be a threat to a lot of people.

You can disagree.

When you open up inclusivity, you also have to purposely open up opportunity. That scares the pants off the legacy gravy trainers.

this has gone on for years? why do you really care if you don't have kids going to elder, you didn't go to elder? why is it so important for you to continue with your rant?

jtk
()

Trey is a moron and a troll. Of course Elder will always give preference to an alumn. There is not a single school out there that wouldn't. Oak Hills has done it, Walnut Hills has done it, Moeller has done it, in fact, I don't know of a single school that hasn't done it. To understand the school's history, culture and to have a positive personal history with the faculty and administration is of great benefit to the students and the school community at large. To see that all as a negative, when it is the exact opposite shows how stupid, or rabidly anti-Elder, Trey is.

I’ve explained myself multiple times now. I have no issue with them hiring him. In fact, I’ve said I think he will be great. Obviously all schools hire alumni - what a stupid response to deflect from what you know I’m saying.

But when you hire every teacher, staff member, administrator, support staff, volunteer, etc etc with a direct or indirect tie to an Elder alum, how do you ever dispel the “myth” that you won’t provide opportunity to outsiders, or be open to néw ways of thinking and doing business?

There’s lip service and there’s action. Like I’ve always said, it’s always been lip service to me because the insider always gets the job, the roster spot, the playing time, the opportunity, and the open door. That’s what I’ve noticed. That, to me, is the Elder Way.

And I’ve always said your purple blinders and narrow world lens will prohibit you from even allowing that to have a small semblance of truth in your eyes.

This is how outsiders view your school - and you simply don’t care. And that’s fine - but just say that instead of the charade. Our kind comes first, if there’s any leftovers, come on in. That kinda sucks.

Last edited:
Trey is a moron and a troll. Of course Elder will always give preference to an alumn. There is not a single school out there that wouldn't. Oak Hills has done it, Walnut Hills has done it, Moeller has done it, in fact, I don't know of a single school that hasn't done it. To understand the school's history, culture and to have a positive personal history with the faculty and administration is of great benefit to the students and the school community at large. To see that all as a negative, when it is the exact opposite shows how stupid, or rabidly anti-Elder, Trey is.
It’s not all negative, but you refuse to concede that there is some negative to exactly what you just described.

This world view is not something that will be appeasing to someone not within the bubble of what you just described. And 99% of Elder people think this way.

Last edited:
I’ve explained myself multiple times now. I have no issue with them hiring him. In fact, I’ve said I think he will be great. Obviously all schools hire alumni - what a stupid response to deflect from what you know I’m saying.

But when you hire every teacher, staff member, administrator, support staff, volunteer, etc etc with a direct or indirect tie to an Elder alum, how do you ever dispel the “myth” that you won’t provide opportunity to outsiders, or be open to néw ways of thinking and doing business?

There’s lip service and there’s action. Like I’ve always said, it’s always been lip service to me because the insider always gets the job, the roster spot, the playing time, the opportunity, and the open door. That’s what I’ve noticed. That, to me, is the Elder Way.

And I’ve always said your purple blinders and narrow world lens will prohibit you from even allowing that to have a small semblance of truth in your eyes.

This is how outsiders view your school - and you simply don’t care. And that’s fine - but just say that instead of the charade. Our kind comes first, if there’s any leftovers, come on in. That kinda sucks.

Tom Grippa was an OUTSIDER.
Doug Ramsey was an OUTSIDER.

The Elder door is open. There are those in the city that choose to snub their nose to Elder. That is their choice.

Tom Grippa was an OUTSIDER.
Doug Ramsey was an OUTSIDER.

The Elder door is open. There are those in the city that choose to snub their nose to Elder. That is their choice.
Or is Elder snubbing their nose to the prevalent attitude towards it? That’s really what is happening here, it’s just you refused to admit it, or refused to acknowledge it.

Trey, I’m not a “Elder guy” so I am what you call an outsider. Tell me one successful team, company, organization or School that operates in your so called all inclusive, utopia world where everybody gets a trophy. If you can tell me one, that I can’t twist and turn an example to show how they are not inclusive or they are homers then I will sing your praises from wherever you ask. If you can’t then leave the people that are doing great things and by any definition successful alone.

Trey, I’m not a “Elder guy” so I am what you call an outsider. Tell me one successful team, company, organization or School that operates in your so called all inclusive, utopia world where everybody gets a trophy. If you can tell me one, that I can’t twist and turn an example to show how they are not inclusive or they are homers then I will sing your praises from wherever you ask. If you can’t then leave the people that are doing great things and by any definition successful alone.
As usual, it’s all or nothing with you people. The answer is almost always in the middle.

Take a look at what Saint Ed’s has done, and the resources they have dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and the success it has brought them. That is one perfect example directly comparable to elder. Save your energy, I know that you won’t say it’s a good example.

There is absolutely a way to preserve tradition and to expand inclusivity and diversity. That notion is completely foreign to most of you people and you can’t even fathom it as a possibility. That’s kind of sad.

And this has nothing to do with the everyone gets a trophy era. That’s just another deflection you people make to avoid talking about the obvious.

Last edited:
Isn’t pointing out hires made 25-30 years ago proving my point more than yours LOL

Never change purple clan, never change

Status
Not open for further replies.