2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I wish we would play Massie, Wilmington, East Clinton, and Blanchester. All fairly similar sized schools with the exception of Wilmington.
still, Wilmington isn’t even very far off. those 5 plus 1 would be a great league. would be a very competitive league too for most sports (outside of Massie football)

I am going to guess it stays where it is for a while.

These schools seem reluctant to change and I think to these schools thinking, they just lost 3 weaker schools and the furthest drive.

Madison and Carlisle are going to be the only ones who hate it, and they will be ignored just like Preble and Dixie were. (Heck, the big schools might be happy with an 8 team league without those 2!) Waynesville and Oakwood got the wrong end of the East/West split for football, but will compete in many other sports. Brookville was unhappy with the big schools, but now doesn't deal with the 3 biggest on their side. Eaton and VV are pleased for the same reason. Franklin and Bellbrook stay the big fish in the small pond. Monroe is in limbo geographically no matter where they go and won't rock the boat.

Unfortunately for Madison, the new field will not be complete until sometime in October. As of now rumor is home games will be played at Franklin.

Now that we are closer to the season, let's hear your final predictions for 2021. This is my final list:

1. Bellbrook
2. Franklin
3. Waynesville
4. Oakwood
5. Monroe

1. Valley View
2. Brookville
3. Eaton
4. Middletown Madison
5. Carlisle

As for the playoffs, I think we'll have 4-6 teams make the post season depending on the OOC success. I could see Bellbrook, Valley View, Franklin, Brookville, Waynesville, and maybe Eaton.

Now that we are closer to the season, let's hear your final predictions for 2021. This is my final list:

1. Bellbrook
2. Franklin
3. Waynesville
4. Oakwood
5. Monroe

1. Valley View
2. Brookville
3. Eaton
4. Middletown Madison
5. Carlisle

As for the playoffs, I think we'll have 4-6 teams make the post season depending on the OOC success. I could see Bellbrook, Valley View, Franklin, Brookville, Waynesville, and maybe Eaton.
i see a way that 9 teams could get in. Monroe is the only team i don’t think has much of a shot

1. Bellbrook
2. Franklin
3. Waynesville
4. Oakwood
5. Monroe

1. Valley View
2. Brookville
3. Eaton
4. Middletown Madison
5. Carlisle

Looks like it swung back around to the 90s again.

Mullins 3rd year should be a good one. We were better than our 4-5 record last year. We played flat against Franklin and Brookville but we had VV on the rope in the first half then fell apart. Winning our first playoff game in 12 years will carry over this year I think very well if I had to guess 7-3 or 6-4 at best. Talk to anyone in Monroe and they’re pretty optimistic.

Last edited:
I am going to guess it stays where it is for a while.

These schools seem reluctant to change and I think to these schools thinking, they just lost 3 weaker schools and the furthest drive.

Madison and Carlisle are going to be the only ones who hate it, and they will be ignored just like Preble and Dixie were. (Heck, the big schools might be happy with an 8 team league without those 2!) Waynesville and Oakwood got the wrong end of the East/West split for football, but will compete in many other sports. Brookville was unhappy with the big schools, but now doesn't deal with the 3 biggest on their side. Eaton and VV are pleased for the same reason. Franklin and Bellbrook stay the big fish in the small pond. Monroe is in limbo geographically no matter where they go and won't rock the boat.
So your pretty much saying we’re not capable of winning much? Better think again.

So your pretty much saying we’re not capable of winning much? Better think again.
no. I am saying they are on the geographic edge of current conferences (as opposed to the middle). You aren't going to "rock the boat" ie cause problems or complain too much about the current make-up of the league because it may be the best league you guys can find.

feel free to take offense though......

So your saying we’re the worst in the league? I don’t think so. Things are bright at Monroe believe me.
no. i think Monroe can win games. i don’t think they can make the playoffs in D3R12. the only teams i see them beating or potentially beating are all D4 or D5. there’s not enough harbin points available to make the top 16 in a loaded region. they would have to beat either Franklin or Bellbrook to have a shot

no. I am saying they are on the geographic edge of current conferences (as opposed to the middle). You aren't going to "rock the boat" ie cause problems or complain too much about the current make-up of the league because it may be the best league you guys can find.

Here we go again gotta think negative about Monroe. We have a chance. We got a good team. Ask anyone at Monroe. I’m not saying we’re going to win a league title but we have a chance to get in.

Same thing here. Always gotta put Monroe out of the hunt. Mullins is a good coach and will get Monroe going this year. You gotta give a coach time. If you really think oak wood is gonna get in cry me a river. Yes your gonna say they beat us last year but they have no chance to get in. They ain’t been good in a decade and won’t be good anytime soon.

Here we go again gotta think negative about Monroe. We have a chance. We got a good team. Ask anyone at Monroe. I’m not saying we’re going to win a league title but we have a chance to get in.
I am not convinced you can read.
My post says NOTHING about your competitiveness.
The question asked was will this league stay with the same teams or change. I say it stays because teams are mostly happy with it. I don't see another league that fits Monroe better GEOGRAPHICALLY, so I think they will want to stay the same.

Same thing here. Always gotta put Monroe out of the hunt. Mullins is a good coach and will get Monroe going this year. You gotta give a coach time. If you really think oak wood is gonna get in cry me a river. Yes your gonna say they beat us last year but they have no chance to get in. They ain’t been good in a decade and won’t be good anytime soon.
I agree that Mullins is a good coach and I hope for the best for Monroe. Right now Monroe needs to worry about who is going to play QB. Deaton is a big loss and that offense runs through the QB. You'll get your shot in a few weeks against one of the best teams in the region when you scrimmage Badin. I won't go as far to say no chance, but region 12 is serious and the Hornets have their work cut out for them if they want to qualify for the playoffs.

I agree that Mullins is a good coach and I hope for the best for Monroe. Right now Monroe needs to worry about who is going to play QB. Deaton is a big loss and that offense runs through the QB. You'll get your shot in a few weeks against one of the best teams in the region when you scrimmage Badin. I won't go as far to say no chance, but region 12 is serious and the Hornets have their work cut out for them if they want to qualify for the playoffs.
Yes I know that

I am not convinced you can read.
My post says NOTHING about your competitiveness.
The question asked was will this league stay with the same teams or change. I say it stays because teams are mostly happy with it. I don't see another league that fits Monroe better GEOGRAPHICALLY, so I think they will want to stay the same.
But your basically saying we have no chance to get in the playoffs is what it sounds like to me and can only beat the piss poor teams. Just because we lost a talented class doesn’t mean we’re not going to be competitive

Explain your thinking on that. Biased a little bit? I can do this all day.
do what all day? Make incorrect arguments and bad inferences? Sound like a 15 year old player who is mad someone picked the other team to win? Fail to understand schools in bigger divisions have a harder time earning Harbin points when they play smaller division schools?

Explain your thinking on that
do what all day? Make incorrect arguments and bad inferences? Sound like a 15 year old player who is mad someone picked the other team to win? Fail to understand schools in bigger divisions have a harder time earning Harbin points when they play smaller division schools?
I know that. Explain why you think Monroe is the only team that won’t get in then I’ll quit so called arguing

1. I didn't say that. You keep calling me out for something someone else said.
2. That poster said they could see a way that 9 teams could make it...all but Monroe.

But I'll explain it anyway.

Monroe is division 3 (with BB and Franklin)
Oakwood, Eaton, VV, and Waynesville are d4
Madison, Brookville and Carlisle are d5

Also, Monore is on the "harder" side of the league. nobody thinks the 'west' is as strong as the 'east'. 2 of the teams from the west you don't play are Madison and Eaton, 2 of your wins from last year! You replace them with Bellbrook and Waynesville. You think your schedule got easier or harder?

a 4-6 Carlisle, or Madison may very well have enough points to be top 16 in division 5, while a 4-6 Monroe may very well not have enough points in division 3. It will take more points in a higher division. In 2019 EVERY 4-6 or better team would've been top 16 in d4r16, but 3 4-6 and 1 5-5 team would've missed out in d3r12.

And it is likely that IF Monroe were to go 4-6, they probably are losing to the bigger schools and beating the smaller ones, earning fewer points.

I don't care if Monroe goes 10-0 or 0-10. But for a team whose last 5 years are 1-9,3-7,2-8,2-8,4-6...are you expecting people to get on here and predict greatness?

Can someone give me some info. on scrimmages. I would like to see what teams are going to look like. I have no one in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.