2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't speak on what you don't know. But I will say this what does the student owe or their families owe you? They are not your property this is America they have freedom to move however they wish. Just respect it and move on. I mean how do you think teams feel when coaches leave. Are coaches supposed to just not consider the family role when they are offered a better job at a bigger school? I just don't understand how we are all brainwashed into thinking these kids need to do anything besides what best for them at least they can live with no regrets.

Lastly let me speak specifically about the 4 Akron players. Let's look at the life lessons that everyone learned. 3 kids have made friendships and connections that will last a lifetime after having to uproot your senior year of HS. I can absolutely tell you those kids weren't to high on leaving and moving to stark county. But like i said they have all grown tremendously as young men. Believe me you I was 100% against the move to Massillon and have been on record to them about it but I absolutely respect and admire what the Massillon community has done for them. Everything wasn't golden behind the scenes, absolutely nothing was given everything was earned.

IMO I love kids being able to transfer when they want. If you have a great program aint no quality player trying to leave. But if you suck i shouldn't be punished because of my address when the school staff isn't held to the same standard.
Slightly over dramatizing them uprooting when all 4 transferred consistently through their high school years and one personally stated he was glad he came to Massillon. This was post season so I don’t know about preseason how they felt.

Don't speak on what you don't know. But I will say this what does the student owe or their families owe you? They are not your property this is America they have freedom to move however they wish. Just respect it and move on. I mean how do you think teams feel when coaches leave. Are coaches supposed to just not consider the family role when they are offered a better job at a bigger school? I just don't understand how we are all brainwashed into thinking these kids need to do anything besides what best for them at least they can live with no regrets.

Lastly let me speak specifically about the 4 Akron players. Let's look at the life lessons that everyone learned. 3 kids have made friendships and connections that will last a lifetime after having to uproot your senior year of HS. I can absolutely tell you those kids weren't to high on leaving and moving to stark county. But like i said they have all grown tremendously as young men. Believe me you I was 100% against the move to Massillon and have been on record to them about it but I absolutely respect and admire what the Massillon community has done for them. Everything wasn't golden behind the scenes, absolutely nothing was given everything was earned.

IMO I love kids being able to transfer when they want. If you have a great program aint no quality player trying to leave. But if you suck i shouldn't be punished because of my address when the school staff isn't held to the same standard.

First tell me to not speak of what I don't know when I said it was all speculation. Thanks for the tip. Second, tell me not to speak of what I don't know while you advise of the future life-long friendships and connections as if you are the oracle of yappi. Got it! Third, you are right, parents can do whatever they want for their children and as long as they are within the rules of the state and transfer as much as they want. Fourth, coaches too can do what they will. Some build lasting relationships with the schools and communities and have stadiums and buildings named after them. Younger coaches build experience and will move to other programs to maybe one day land that dream job. Don't think we really disagree here.
Fifth, not sure what Massillon could give kids transferring in anyways. Open enrollment slots, free lunch, oh wait, they already do, ummm, not sure what Massillon can do "legally".

It's disappointing however to see someone with the rich history they had with Massillon, a good college career at ichigan and a little time in the NFL, raise his son in Massillon (which provides quality recruitment and attention) take his son elsewhere, for what? Playing time for football or basketball? What life long lessons are being taught? Grass is greener? Don't like it leave? Like you said and we agree on. They can do as they will.
Slightly over dramatizing them uprooting when all 4 transferred consistently through their high school years and one personally stated he was glad he came to Massillon. This was post season so I don’t know about preseason how they felt.
Just a little...

First tell me to not speak of what I don't know when I said it was all speculation. Thanks for the tip. Second, tell me not to speak of what I don't know while you advise of the future life-long friendships and connections as if you are the oracle of yappi. Got it! Third, you are right, parents can do whatever they want for their children and as long as they are within the rules of the state and transfer as much as they want. Fourth, coaches too can do what they will. Some build lasting relationships with the schools and communities and have stadiums and buildings named after them. Younger coaches build experience and will move to other programs to maybe one day land that dream job. Don't think we really disagree here.
Fifth, not sure what Massillon could give kids transferring in anyways. Open enrollment slots, free lunch, oh wait, they already do, ummm, not sure what Massillon can do "legally".

It's disappointing however to see someone with the rich history they had with Massillon, a good college career at ichigan and a little time in the NFL, raise his son in Massillon (which provides quality recruitment and attention) take his son elsewhere, for what? Playing time for football or basketball? What life long lessons are being taught? Grass is greener? Don't like it leave? Like you said and we agree on. They can do as they will.

Just a little...

I'm with you pretty much on all of this. Most of us are not close to Shawn and may not ever truly know the real motive behind the move but It had to come with a heavy heart. I don't know him personally but met him through mutual friends and those Massillon guys love Massillon so I know this had to be a very difficult decision to make. The thing that worries me about the decision is that the younger Crable seemed to be a natural leader. I watched how all of the younger guys migrated towards him on the sidelines last year. That can't be underestimated how big of impact that will have. I watched him keep the two Beechcroft engaged during the early parts of the season when they were frustrated with lack of PT.

What position would Crable play at Hoban? He cant be a sure thing to start at QB??? Watching his past performances did not make me think Massillon was making a State Championship run this year because of the QB position. He would likely have had to have the best offseason in the history of football to make people anticipate that. Where is all this hype coming from?

What position would Crable play at Hoban? He cant be a sure thing to start at QB??? Watching his past performances did not make me think Massillon was making a State Championship run this year because of the QB position. He would likely have had to have the best offseason in the history of football to make people anticipate that. Where is all this hype coming from?
I believe it's simply hype based on potential. Watching Crable play JV ball, I wasn't crazy about his 3/4 arm delivery but he did have a strong arm and was pretty accurate on the deep balls. Everything from short to intermediate seemed to be overthrown which can be fixed (or maybe already is). He has a strong arm, is pretty mobile and he's already 6'4". Don't know if they had him going through progressions or if has was just out there out athleting everyone but he did seem to like to throw into double coverages, or....at least high traffic areas. If I was a scout, I would keep my eye on him. Btw Chronic, love the tag line. Lol.

I believe it's simply hype based on potential. Watching Crable play JV ball, I wasn't crazy about his 3/4 arm delivery but he did have a strong arm and was pretty accurate on the deep balls. Everything from short to intermediate seemed to be overthrown which can be fixed (or maybe already is). He has a strong arm, is pretty mobile and he's already 6'4". Don't know if they had him going through progressions or if has was just out there out athleting everyone but he did seem to like to throw into double coverages, or....at least high traffic areas. If I was a scout, I would keep my eye on him. Btw Chronic, love the tag line. Lol.
And if you look at Crable's twitter, he's been to about 4 college camps already this spring. If Massillon is having any OTAs, Crable is not there.

A8139918-7818-44BA-85CD-EF54243FFEC3.png

Where are all of the people who are so vehemently against kids coming to Massillon now that Crable went to Hoban? Gee, I thought for sure we'd have 4 threads tearing Hoban apart.
Crable went to Hoban? Seriously? Just once I’d like to see the OHSAA match LaSalle vs Hoban in a semi and Avon vs Massillon in the other semi. Grinding through two powerful private schools to win a title is a tough task for any public. At least a one shot deal in the state final would help a little.

Crable went to Hoban? Seriously? Just once I’d like to see the OHSAA match LaSalle vs Hoban in a semi and Avon vs Massillon in the other semi. Grinding through two powerful private schools to win a title is a tough task for any public. At least a one shot deal in the state final would help a little.
Yup

A surprising choice for Crable to head to Hoban. They have a class of 23' QB who can sling it that they really like, he's at a lot of these same camps Crable has been to. Does he play another position other than QB?

A surprising choice for Crable to head to Hoban. They have a class of 23' QB who can sling it that they really like, he's at a lot of these same camps Crable has been to. Does he play another position other than QB?
I have already said I won’t be shocked if he isn’t at another school either during this upcoming season or the summer going into his Sr year.

Status
Not open for further replies.