2021 Dead Celebs/Athletes

Rapper DMX

Prince Philip has passed.

Wonder if Andrew & Meghan will attend the funeral?

I never saw these two at the same place at the same time. Kinda makes you go "hmmmmmmm...."

Joseph Siravo: DOD 04/11/2021 (age 66)
Actor - known for his work Johnny Soprano on the TV series The Sopranos
Cause: Cancer

:>---

SALT

Harold Willard Bradley Jr. (October 13, 1929 – April 13, 2021) (age 91)
He passed in Rome, Italy where he made his home.

Cause : not listed

Cleveland Browns & Philadelphia Eagles / also an Italian actor, singer, and visual artist.
He played college football at the University of Iowa and played four seasons in the NFL from 1954–1958

While not an inductee in the Pro Football Hall of Fame; the 'Hall' gives recognition as the first
African-American father-son combination in the NFL, alongside father, Harold W. Bradley, Sr. (1958)

A former U.S.Marine / He also played football (back when military bases had service teams)
for the Marine Recruit Depot San Diego in the early 1950s.

Rest in Peace Devil Dog

100px-Eagle%2C_Globe%2C_and_Anchor.svg.png

Eagle-Globe-Anchor

Bernie (Bernard Lawrence) Madoff (April 29, 1938 – April 14, 2021 age=82)

Cause: listed as 'natural' @ Federal Medical Center, Butner, NC
...in the midst of serving a 100+ year sentence.

American financier and convicted fraudster who ran the world's largest Ponzi scheme.

220px-BernardMadoff.jpg

SALT

Leroy Keyes nee Marvin Leroy Keyes (February 18, 1947 – April 15, 2021 - age 74)

cause: cancer and congestive heart failure

NFL running back : Philadelphia & Kansas City

College Perdue : 2 time All-American : played O & D (Corner) & kick returner
Heisman Trophy finalist

SALT

"Leroy was a two-way player in the way that matters most -- a great athlete and a great person," Purdue president Mitch Daniels said in a prepared statement. "You never saw him without a smile on his face, or left him without a smile on your own. Every Boilermaker lost a good friend today."

Felix Silla, Cousin Itt on TV's 'Addams Family,' dies at 84

Felix Silla, who starred as the hairy Cousin Itt on “The Addams Family” and a robot on “Buck Rogers in the 25th Century,” has died. He was 84.

Silla’s representative, Bonnie Vent, said in an emailed statement Saturday that the actor died Friday after a battle with cancer. Vent said Silla was a humble and nice man who was full of stories.

Felix Silla - DOD April 16, 2021 (age 84)

He also played an Ewok

220px-Felix_Silla_at_Mountain-Con_III_in_2007_%28cropped%29.png

robot 'Twiki' ~ he carries the computerized brain of 'Dr. Theopolis'

Cousin Itt...

SALT

Hester Ford sex=F (August 15, 1905 ~ April 17, 2021) age = 115 years, 245 days
- - supercentenarian - -
At the time the oldest living American

Now living oldest American...

Thelma Sutcliffe sex=F DOB=October 1, 1906 (Living 114 years, 199 days)
lives in Nebraska

EGA

Walter Mondale has passed away at 93. Haven't really heard anything about him since the landslide loss in 84, but it seems strange that a former VP dying is getting slightly more than a blip of coverage.

His chosen running mate (1984 election) was Geraldine Ferraro; She passed in 2011 (age 75).

SALT

Walter Mondale has passed away at 93. Haven't really heard anything about him since the landslide loss in 84, but it seems strange that a former VP dying is getting slightly more than a blip of coverage.
What once was important seems not so today - at least to the ratings crazed media. Now, had he been royalty...

What once was important seems not so today - at least to the ratings crazed media. Now, had he been royalty...
Yeah, WAY more coverage on Prince Philip (who I never saw on a ballot) than an actual sitting VP who ran for president. I remember when certain people died, the media had some type of 'In memoriam ' tape ready to go. I seem to recall somebody inadvertently hit the proverbial button on someone who was still alive.

Jim Steinman DOD 04/19/2021 (age 73)
- noted songwriter, composer, lyricist, record producer, arranger, pianist

Cause = kidney failure

Successful chart singles... Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart,
Air Supply's Making Love Out of Nothing at All,
Meat Loaf's I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That).

SALT

Never was a fan of Jim Steinman's music, wayyyy over blown structure and cheesy tunes at best. Died a bitter man as he thought in his own mind he was a genius yet critics were ruthless and his hits were maligned. Bat Out of Hell was huge when I was in High School but too me it was everything wrong about '70s music.

Leroy Keyes nee Marvin Leroy Keyes (February 18, 1947 – April 15, 2021 - age 74)

cause: cancer and congestive heart failure

NFL running back : Philadelphia & Kansas City

College Perdue : 2 time All-American : played O & D (Corner) & kick returner
Heisman Trophy finalist

SALT

Here's how popular Keyes was to Purdue: they're having a public viewing in the football stadium. Don't think I've ever heard of such a thing.

Michael Collins: (October 31, 1930 – April 28, 2021) (age 90)
Astronaut - (Apollo 11 command module Columbia pilot for 1969 Moon Mission)
USAF (**) Major General
Cause - Cancer

220px-Michael_Collins_%28S69-31742%2C_restoration%29.jpg

RIP

Semper Fi

Anne Buydens: (04/23/1919 – 04/29/2021) age 102
(AKA Anne Douglas - if you don't reconize the name... for 65 years the Mrs. Kirk Douglas)
Producer, Actress (often as a guest), Philanthropist

Cause: Not given

220px-Kirk_Douglas_and_Anne_Buydens%2C_1954.jpg

Leatherneck

Bobby Unser passed away at age 87. When I was a kid, when open wheel Indy racing was actually popular, Bobby was one of my favorites as he raced on Goodyear tires unlike his despicable brother Al who rode on Firestone (gasp) tires in the Johnny Lightning car. My entire family worked at Goodyear and I preferred Hot Wheels to Johnny Lightning cars so Al was obviously the enemy.

Bobby Unser: (02/20/1934 – 05/02/2021 ~ age 87)
Race car driver

Cause: not released

A member of the Unser racing family; brother to Al Unser, Jerry Unser and Louis Unser;
father of Robby Unser; uncle of Al Unser Jr. & Johnny Unser.

Winner of the Indianapolis 500 three times (1968, 1975, 1981); also the winner of the
Pikes Peak International Hill Climb championhip 10 times.

SALT