Struthers Football 2021

BTrev

With the basketball season coming two an end last week, might as well get this thread started.

Schedule...
August 20 @ St. Thomas Aquinas
August 27 Crestwood
September 3 Streetsboro
September 10 South Range
September 17 Hubbard
September 24 @ Lakeview
October 1 @ Jefferson
October 8 Niles
October 15 Girard
October 22 @ Poland

I don’t mind the schedule. STA will be a nice tune up at worst. They are well coached and do offer some L2 value. I would rather play them than a Campbell or a Youngstown East. This should only be a 2 year deal... by 2023, Struthers should be looking for tougher competition.
Crestwood also should have decent L2 value. Struthers will be favored. Last year on this contract... will be looking for a home game next year.
Streetsboro was a really good pick up. They should come back down to Earth this year, but should still be pretty good. Probably not on the same level as South Range or Hubbard or Poland. But just below that. I’d be open to keeping them on the schedule through 2024.
For different reasons, the OOC games should make Struthers better and prepare the Cats for the NE8.
I like how the schedule builds week to week. And 6 home games with 4 in a row is nice.

As long as there isn’t a mass exodus of talent, I can’t imagine Struthers being under .500. The OL needs to be better. The defense has to be more consistent. And overall, the Cats just have to be more physical. The talent is there... but they‘re probably a year away from really turning the corner.

I knowThe 8th grade team was really good last year . Any chance of any of those kids playing varsity as freshman this year . Also I heard Ursuline was trying get at least 1 of those kids to come there .

I knowThe 8th grade team was really good last year . Any chance of any of those kids playing varsity as freshman this year . Also I heard Ursuline was trying get at least 1 of those kids to come there .
They always try to get kids from Struthers the one you’re talking about is Carter mainly he’s hoping into 10th, but what happened with his father I don’t see it happening. Plus they’re aware they are after him. I can see 2-3 freshmen playing some time.

They’ll be very young again, but 6-4 seems about right. Possibly 7-3 but possibly 5-5.

the OL I’ve been hearing has been making big strides in the weight room. I think they’ll be a lot better then last season

Cats are anywhere from a 3-7 win team.
lakeview crest wood and Jefferson are wins.
niles is a win if I have to say now. -took them to the wire with a sophomore offense and no hall last season
Girard is a ? Didn’t play them last year.
sta? No clue. Probably a win
Hubbard isn’t great. Certainly not in south range class or Poland class. So we’ll see.

I would have preferred Campbell for a few reasons.
1- confidence builder week 1.
2- the series is 2 games apart. We win the next two it’s even. Schedule a 3 game series then never play again.Lol

With the basketball season coming two an end last week, might as well get this thread started.

Schedule...
August 20 @ St. Thomas Aquinas
August 27 Crestwood
September 3 Streetsboro
September 10 South Range
September 17 Hubbard
September 24 @ Lakeview
October 1 @ Jefferson
October 8 Niles
October 15 Girard
October 22 @ Poland

I don’t mind the schedule. STA will be a nice tune up at worst. They are well coached and do offer some L2 value. I would rather play them than a Campbell or a Youngstown East. This should only be a 2 year deal... by 2023, Struthers should be looking for tougher competition.
Crestwood also should have decent L2 value. Struthers will be favored. Last year on this contract... will be looking for a home game next year.
Streetsboro was a really good pick up. They should come back down to Earth this year, but should still be pretty good. Probably not on the same level as South Range or Hubbard or Poland. But just below that. I’d be open to keeping them on the schedule through 2024.
For different reasons, the OOC games should make Struthers better and prepare the Cats for the NE8.
I like how the schedule builds week to week. And 6 home games with 4 in a row is nice.

As long as there isn’t a mass exodus of talent, I can’t imagine Struthers being under .500. The OL needs to be better. The defense has to be more consistent. And overall, the Cats just have to be more physical. The talent is there... but they‘re probably a year away from really turning the corner.
That is nice.

I would have preferred Campbell for a few reasons.
1- confidence builder week 1.
2- the series is 2 games apart. We win the next two it’s even. Schedule a 3 game series then never play again.Lol
Campbell will keep the series the way it is! I don't envision this old rivalry to ever be renewed. Poland is your rival and has been for years. Good luck this year!

Jefferson will be just as good as girard/niles in my opinion
I think that STA, Lakeview, Jefferson and Crestwood are wins, thus the minimum of 4-6. Don't know too much about what Niles and Girard have back. Poland, South Range and Hubbard will be the difficult games. But anything can happen!

This is the first time I'm actually seeing this, I'm pretty shocked on how soft and weak Nancy made this OOC schedule.

I think the STA game actually has Bayuk’s finge prints all over it. Never played them before... and JFK played them every year when Jeff was JFK’s head coach and AD. Did play them in hoops this season, but I think that was because of games being canceled du to covid. I‘m pretty sure the football game was scheduled first and the basketball game came about later in a pinch.
Crestwood was scheduled before Kuntz left. And they probably won’t b on the schedule next year.
And Streetsboro was a great pick up.

For a young rebuilding team, it’s a good schedule.

I think the STA game actually has Bayuk’s finge prints all over it. Never played them before... and JFK played them every year when Jeff was JFK’s head coach and AD. Did play them in hoops this season, but I think that was because of games being canceled du to covid. I‘m pretty sure the football game was scheduled first and the basketball game came about later in a pinch.
Crestwood was scheduled before Kuntz left. And they probably won’t b on the schedule next year.

I can see how this schedule was made if your facts are true, or even speculated then.

I think Struthers will end up minimum 6-4 or maybe even and outside chance of 7-3 because of their very soft schedule.

I think the STA game actually has Bayuk’s finge prints all over it. Never played them before... and JFK played them every year when Jeff was JFK’s head coach and AD.
You guys better hope that they are not trying to "schedule down" D4 Struthers to a D7 JFK strength of schedule if your facts are correct. There's really nothing to gain by going down that road.....

They aren’t a bad program and if STA wins 6-7 games that’s good for L2 points like you said. That being said. 12 teams per region starts next season so as long as you’re 6-4 you’re basically in. Looking at the schedule further the only games i feel the cats are a lock to lose is Poland and south range. The others anything can happen. I hope the team is making massive strides in the weightroom