Inter Valley Athletic Conference

Claymont has been down these past few years...however, every school has cycles and fortunately I've heard good numbers/talent will be coming up here in a few years which is extremely encouraging.. I look for a major separation in certain sports when they come up!
claymont is the new door mat of the area they will be bad in everything

Can this thread get to actual points of facts about the teams.. who has what coming back, what are predictions, any dark horses, etc... all the talk about switching the league up is fun and all, but lets talk actual football... my initial predictions...

North
Malvern-
TCC
EC
NCT
BT
Burg

South

Wood
IV
Garaway
SV
TV
Claymont

I think these are spot on.

What are you basing your high ranking of TCC from? Film study? Or just the understanding that Coach Cummings does a great job of playing to his talent?

But based on these predictions, its probably spot on.

Malvern did not lose much at all and should be the favorite again.

The Professors Rankings are here, I am close to GrapeVine but didnt want to be exact

North
1. Malvern - Just to much coming back
2. East Canton - So well coached with a lot of players returning
3. Newcomerstown - Trenton is back, how do any of the teams below tackle him
4A. TCC - Lose a lot, but Casey does a nice job and is hard to defend
4B. Buckeye Trail - Lost a lot, do return some
6. Strasburg - Lost a lot, dont return as much as BT

South
1. Indian Valley - I think they will be good up front, will be the difference
2. Ridgewood - Tingle will carry them and give them a shot
3. Garaway - Just not sure they can match the above two on the line
4. Tusky Valley - If they could ever get it right, they would be on to something
5. Sandy Valley - No Cam, but its not as scary as the one below
6. Claymont - Someday soon, its going to turn around

I think these are spot on.

What are you basing your high ranking of TCC from? Film study? Or just the understanding that Coach Cummings does a great job of playing to his talent?

But based on these predictions, its probably spot on.

Malvern did not lose much at all and should be the favorite again.
idk man hutchinson and moser and davis were very good players and leaders for malvern last year I just don't see them being as good but I think they'll compete with tcc and trail for title

North prediction
1. Trail - what i see on max preps is they graduated 3 guys i am not sure how accurate it is but i'll follow it and with rome back and the big line they have they should be fine
2. TCC - casey always fields competitive team and they had a few young guys that were solid last year and I am sure they'll pull a few transfers in
3. Malvern - didn't lose much but lost their best players and I don't see them having a good offense
4. Ntown- same thing lost good athletes newkirk can pound it but no athletes to stop teams passing
5. East canton- young last year and they were pretty bad
6.Strasburg- going to be a very bad football team

Rome is back? Is this year 8 for him?

If he is back Buckeye Trail would have to be the favorite if he stays healthy. They were not very good without him last year.

I am officially confused. Grapevine predicts BT to finish 5 of 6. His profile lists BT as his favorite school. Are we sure Rome is back? lol

IVC Predictions Based off of Food:
1. Claymont- Pangrazios Large Special and Dennison Yard Barbś Baked Pasta
2. Indian Valley- Old Towne Tavern- Best STEAK anywhere
3. BT- Bearś Den Steakhouse
4. Tusky Valley- Lockport and Sublime Smoke
5A. Ridgewood- Amiciś
5B. Garaway- Park Street Pizza
6. Strasburg- Malcuitś and Campesinos
7. Newcomerstown- McDonaldś (Best French Fries in that region)
8. SV and Malvern- Very close to each other and have to stop at Ciboś on the way through
9. TCC- TCC Festival?
10. East Canton- Town Center Cafe

5A. Ridgewood- Amiciś
8. SV and Malvern- Very close to each other and have to stop at Ciboś on the way through
9. TCC- TCC Festival?
3. Buckeye Trail add Deep Cut Tavern

5A. Ridgewood- Amiciś
9. TCC- TCC Festival?

The Tourane Club in Newc and the TCC Italian Sausage food truck. Come on man. Also Stras Vegas way too low on that list. They at least top 3.

I know success breeds success so I think Malvern can be very good next year 4 of their projected starting offensive linemen and 2 skilled position players wrestled in the Coshocton district another o lineman and 5 skilled position players were on a district final basketball team

How about a PAC-7-IVC trade proposal? The IVC will send Claymont and Indian Valley to the PAC-7 in exchange for Tuslaw.

This would give the PAC-7 Claymont (238), Indian Valley (222) Canton South (217), Northwest (215), Fairless (210), Triway (205), & Orrville (196). The PAC-7 can then boot Manchester and CVCA and add Minerva (239). So the league would range from 239-196.

The IVC South would then be Tuslaw (174), Sandy Valley (168), Ridgewood (165), Garaway (152), Buckeye Trail (147), and Tusky Valley (144).

The IVC North could then be Newcomerstown (137), East Canton (124), Malvern (86), Strasburg (76), Conotton Valley (54) and TCC (43).

Obviously this isn't going to happen but damn the numbers would be great and the travel would be fairly easy.

How about a PAC-7-IVC trade proposal? The IVC will send Claymont and Indian Valley to the PAC-7 in exchange for Tuslaw.

This would give the PAC-7 Claymont (238), Indian Valley (222) Canton South (217), Northwest (215), Fairless (210), Triway (205), & Orrville (196). The PAC-7 can then boot Manchester and CVCA and add Minerva (239). So the league would range from 239-196.

The IVC South would then be Tuslaw (174), Sandy Valley (168), Ridgewood (165), Garaway (152), Buckeye Trail (147), and Tusky Valley (144).

The IVC North could then be Newcomerstown (137), East Canton (124), Malvern (86), Strasburg (76), Conotton Valley (54) and TCC (43).

Obviously this isn't going to happen but damn the numbers would be great and the travel would be fairly easy.

This would be intriguing.

2 replies to previous posts.
1. I don’t think IV jumps the wood this year in the south. Tingle still will suit up for the generals this fall.
2. The bears den has to rank BT number 1 in the restaurant rankings. Deep cuts solidifies it as no. 1.

That would never happen............... IV left the PAC because of the travel a few years ago.

Not that I'm disagreeing because I think IV is probably happy right now but this is different than the PAC-7 IV left.

Not having to travel to CVCA and adding Claymont would be a big change. Manchester-NW basically the same, Tuslaw-Minerva basically the same and TV-Canton South basically the same.

However the enrollment numbers are crazy close. Those would be great leagues.

Not that I'm disagreeing because I think IV is probably happy right now but this is different than the PAC-7 IV left.

Not having to travel to CVCA and adding Claymont would be a big change. Manchester-NW basically the same, Tuslaw-Minerva basically the same and TV-Canton South basically the same.

Yes, totally agree with you....however, this is all hypothetical and a pipe dream..

33 miles from Tuslaw High School to Minerva High School. Not the same hahaha

Oh yeah. I never expect my leagues to happen. I'm just giving you ideas on what could happen if schools really wanted to make the numbers as even as possible. Like most other things on here my suggestions are purely hypothetical and just for fun.

Here's the thing. Unless you have a total league reorganization it's going to be pretty difficult for the IVC to expand assuming Hiland never adds football. Here are the realistic (and I'm stretching it) options for league expansion.

Canton Local (232) -Borderline size and just joined PAC
Fairless (210) - Borderline size and why would they leave PAC?
Tuslaw (174) - Perfect size but why would they leave PAC? Plus travel is an issue for Ridgewood/Indian Valley/Claymont
Waynedale (158) - Perfect size but no way they leave WACL plus travel issues for Indian Valley/Ridgewood
West Holmes (281) - Definitely too big and bad travel
River View (264) - Too big and bad travel for TV/SV if in big school
Cambridge (227) -Borderline size and long travel for TV/SV if in big school
Harrison Central (191) - Great size but similar travel issues to Cambridge. Best option for big?
Conotton Valley (54) - Great option for North
Carrollton (225) - Borderline size & long travel for Garaway/Hiland/Ridgewood
Minerva (239) - Borderline size & long travel for Garaway/Hiland/Ridgewood

So let's look at what happens if the league stays together as is and eliminates one crossover. What will happen in week 4? Who will be left looking for a game?

Sandy Valley - would likely play Malvern/East Canton in crossover
East Canton/Malvern - Whichever one doesn't play Sandy will probably want to play Tusky Valley
Strasburg - Would likely want to play Tusky Valley in week 4.
TCC - Would like want to play Tusky Valley in week 4
Tusky Valley - Would likely get to choose between TCC, Strasburg and East Canton/Malvern as week 4 game
Newcomerstown - Do they want to play Ridgewood in week 4? I think you have to right? That game means something to your community. But what if that is the crossover in week 5? Ugh. Then probably looking for a game? Claymont?
Ridgewood - Would probably want to play Newcs but if that is crossover they may be looking
Claymont - short team I would think anyone would play them but long term could be looking
Buckeye Trail - Claymont maybe? Likely looking south IMO
Indian Valley - Would probably be looking each year
Garaway - Probably looking each year

So you might end up with let's say Garaway, Indian Valley, Buckeye Trail, Claymont and either TCC/Strasburg and maybe Malvern looking for a game. I mean that's a total guess without knowing the required crossover but probably 5-6 IVC schools looking for week 4 opponents.

Who is available in week 4? PAC is in league play. WCAL is in league play. EBC is in league play. I'm not really familiar with the schools south of the IVC. Who would be possible opponents for the IVC teams? I'm sure St. Thomas Aquinas and Canton Central Catholic would probably play an IVC team that week.

Garaway getting another huge transfer/move in in? I do not know the entire details but I am hearing the running game may open back up if this is the case.

Wow, that is 4 players now that Garaway has gotten from Tusky Valley. Garaway has quite the pipeline from going from Tusky Valley. Tusky Valley could probably have a competitive football team if those boys would have stayed at their home school.