Pelosi's H.R.1 -- Make Cheating Legal Act

Qcity

This may be one of the most despicable, anit-American, anti-constitution bills to ever surface on the House floor.

Better get up to speed folks ..................the left is going all in (while they can) to destroy the republic.

This is pretty bad but hopefully there are enough adults in the room to say no to this garbage. Let the states decide what they want to do. The liberal states can still expand voter rights and conservative states can secure safer elections.

It’s becoming clear to me that federal control of voting is necessary. We cannot allow a system where we have two polar worlds of voting rules. Federalizing elections definitely has its draw backs but atleast everyone’s voting under the same rules.
Federal control of voting with dems in charge of all three branches of government is asking for trouble.

It’s becoming clear to me that federal control of voting is necessary. We cannot allow a system where we have two polar worlds of voting rules. Federalizing elections definitely has its draw backs but atleast everyone’s voting under the same rules.

The truth of the matter is the 2 systems we have now are fact based and conspiracy based.

When will you come over to the fact based side?

If the op and couple above believe Trump, Powell, Giuliani, crackhead pillow guy etc. over all our fed and state gov. institutions, and support insurrectionists, then maybe you are anti-American but certainly ignorant. No other way to put it. "Rigged election" is on par with birtherism and satanic pedophiles. You bring shame to this country.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Republican control would be any better? Why republicans think they occupy some type of elections moral authority is beyond me.

Your party is currently launching the largest crack down on voting rules since the civil rights movement. They are even attempting in a number of states to change ballot referendum rules to suit them instead of the people.
I think it is terrible when either side tries to change the voting to favor their party. Right now, this bill is a disgusting attempt to create more liberal power.

I can say that 10 years from now no matter who is in power I will still favor one day in-person voting with an ID and no wait time of over 10 minutes. Mail-in balloting should be extremely limited and mostly for our military. Absolutely no ballot harvesting ever again. It is disgusting that something as fundamental as voting can be so easily manipulated by something like a free lunch.

Voting is supposed to be a snapshot of public opinion. The "expansion" of voter opportunity isn't being done for the right reasons. It is simply done as a power grab.

This may be one of the most despicable, anit-American, anti-constitution bills to ever surface on the House floor.

Better get up to speed folks ..................the left is going all in (while they can) to destroy the republic.
Yep, they never in a million years thought Trump could win, they are making up for allowing that to happen the first time.

Republican control would be any better? Why republicans think they occupy some type of elections moral authority is beyond me.

Your party is currently launching the largest crack down on voting rules since the civil rights movement. They are even attempting in a number of states to change ballot referendum rules to suit them instead of the people.
They are protecting the sanctity of the vote, same thing you side said they did in order to win this time. Is there a difference? Oh yeah, the difference is that the Dems want to guarantee that they win every time. The Rs only want those who should vote to vote, and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: y2h
If the op and couple above believe Trump, Powell, Giuliani, crackhead pillow guy etc. over all our fed and state gov. institutions, and support insurrectionists, then maybe you are anti-American but certainly ignorant. No other way to put it. "Rigged election" is on par with birtherism and satanic pedophiles. You bring shame to this country.

The Capitol criminal invaders, as well as the blm, antifa criminal rioters and scumbags should all be put away for a long time.
The issue for the leftists is that they only want justice for far right hate groups, not those on the far left.
And that my friend is anti- American and you bring shame to this country if you don't see the hypocrisy.
My criminals good, your criminals bad. Leftists are the standard bearers for double standards.

I can say that 10 years from now no matter who is in power I will still favor one day in-person voting with an ID and no wait time of over 10 minutes. Mail-in balloting should be extremely limited and mostly for our military. Absolutely no ballot harvesting ever again. It is disgusting that something as fundamental as voting can be so easily manipulated by something like a free lunch.

Voting is supposed to be a snapshot of public opinion. The "expansion" of voter opportunity isn't being done for the right reasons. It is simply done as a power grab.
Bingo

Your side screamed rigged election for 4 years so...

The Dems are currently challenging the results of a House seat race...those darn insurrectionists.

You know this how? You assume quite a lot when you call me a Republican. By inference then may I call you a liberal democrat?

I think it is terrible when either side tries to change the voting to favor their party. Right now, this bill is a disgusting attempt to create more liberal power.

Who says voting is supposed to be a snapshot? I can tell your snapshot and pretty much everyone else's in this thread for 2024 today. And who says we need sweeping legislation to vote how YOU want? I and millions of others prefer absentee and early. Except I don't advocate doing away with in-person day of. If Dems wanted to play Republican games that is what they should be advocating.

I also find it laughable to pretend to favor easier in-person voting while your party is doing the exact opposite, closing record numbers of in-person locations, in-person days, and voting machines. In addition to going all-out to undermine confidence in the machines themselves.

Give it up Yappi nobody buys it anymore, seriously.

All decisions made in terms of in-person voting infrastructure (days, machines etc) are made by the local election boards...the vast majority of which aren't controlled by the pubs. ?‍♂️

In terms of days, there are more days available nationwide to vote in person than in any time in history. The "the reducing in-person days" meme is patently false.

More silly derp from TP lol.

Dont fool yourself if expanding voting rights favored republicans they’d be doing that instead of cracking down on them. The republicans are simply doing what’s in their best interest.
It is in all of our best interests that only those who are legally allowed to vote, vote. The fact that you are against this idea is pretty revealing.

Too many people voted the GQP is working hard to correct this...they can't win on ideas and are afraid of changing demographics. Look at some of the bills restrictions including electors. The GQP is at war with the idea of democracy.

You know this how? You assume quite a lot when you call me a Republican. By inference then may I call you a liberal democrat?
Most of us on here are conservatives first. There are lots of Republicans we do not agree with. We don't see much of that from the liberals, they are all in on being one monolithic block. Everyone thinks the same way, acts the same way, believes the same things. Kinda like a cult.

Too many people voted the GQP is working hard to correct this...they can't win on ideas and are afraid of changing demographics. Look at some of the bills restrictions including electors. The GQP is at war with the idea of democracy.
You must have missed that Time article that outlined how you guys made sure you won this time around. LOL, yeah, as usual, your side claims one thing, while doing exactly the opposite. Your side is frantic to hold on to power and has demonstratied will do anything to maintain it and expand it.

I will still favor one day in-person voting with an ID and no wait time of over 10 minutes.
How is that suppose to work? You would need a voting site on every street corner to guarantee a less that 10 minute wait time. Most people cannot fill out their ballots in less than 10 minutes. Most of the volunteers at my voting site are retirees. Nice people, God bless them, but doing things in a timely fashion isn't in their wheelhouse?‍♂️

Most of us on here are conservatives first. There are lots of Republicans we do not agree with. We don't see much of that from the liberals, they are all in on being one monolithic block. Everyone thinks the same way, acts the same way, believes the same things. Kinda like a cult.

You mean like how the previous covid relief bills had bipartisan support, Dems and Pubs, now suddenly this one has 0 pub support, despite having the highest public approval? Just because wrong party won? That monolithic?

Pubs having a hard time swaying public opinion this time. Keep trying though, I know you will.

How is that suppose to work? You would need a voting site on every street corner to guarantee a less that 10 minute wait time. Most people cannot fill out their ballots in less than 10 minutes. Most of the volunteers at my voting site are retirees. Nice people, God bless them, but doing things in a timely fashion isn't in their wheelhouse?‍♂️

He's not serious. Until that happens (ie. never) he is perfectly fine with current republican efforts to limit absentee, early, AND faster in-person.

He's not serious. Until that happens (ie. never) he is perfectly fine with current republican efforts to limit absentee, early, AND faster in-person.
The irony is almost every legislature, the whole trump administration and the trump family voted absintee.

There is little if any evidence of fraud...but too many american citizens voted so GQP has to go Jim Crowe 2.0.

The irony is almost every legislature, the whole trump administration and the trump family voted absintee.

There is little if any evidence of fraud...but too many american citizens voted so GQP has to go Jim Crowe 2.0.

And "0" as in ZERO legislation to improve voting time out of hundreds to limit and prolong.

Obviously MANY republicans vote absentee. And/or early. They are only collateral damage, in the bigger war against democracy. The ONLY problem is slightly more voted Dem so they did their calculations and this is the strategy.

Be about 60 days I'll guess. Keep an eye for that in person delivery. They will leave a note on your door if you're not home.

You mean like how the previous covid relief bills had bipartisan support, Dems and Pubs, now suddenly this one has 0 pub support, despite having the highest public approval? Just because wrong party won? That monolithic?

Pubs having a hard time swaying public opinion this time. Keep trying though, I know you will.
Bipartisan means all the Dems voted one way, and some of the Rs crossed over. Dems stay in lock step, Rs do not.

If you believe the Jan. 6th was insurrection, no one can help you, not even the 1-800-TDS-help line.

In a sign of good news for this bill. It appears that Manchin is willing to do this via reconciliation if all other options fail. I’m also loving the impending filibuster reform that’s coming. Gone will be the days killing a bill without actually having to take the floor and physically filibuster the bill.
Get rid of the filibuster. Lol nuked Harry Reid.