Dover Tornadoes @ Steubenville Big Red Week 8

I think it will come down to how well TC plays against a really good defense and being under pressure. Dover will add more QB run than the first time these 2 played.

I’ll be there rooting for Dover, but I say BR wins a close one, 28-24

Big Red overpowered Dover in the fourth quarter, expect the same again. New Phila dominated Dover for the first 3 quarters up 21-0 while losing two fumbles in the red zone. It could have been 35-0. Dover never moved the football until NP went prevent defense in the fourth Q I know what I,m talking about ,I was there.
I attended plz dover had opportunities in the 4th. No steubenville did not overpower Dover, the tornadoes made alot of mistakes, ST was one. Did you even watch any of those games?

Need long sustained drives from Dover to keep the Red offense on the sideline. Dover defense played well most of the first game but did give up too many pass plays on 3rd or 4th down allowing Red to convert, and by all means no turnovers.

Need long sustained drives from Dover to keep the Red offense on the sideline. Dover defense played well most of the first game but did give up too many pass plays on 3rd or 4th down allowing Red to convert, and by all means no turnovers.
I think another factor is who controls field position

Dover 3-4 is not a good team
Big Red 3-2 regular season. 600%• Same as last year. Since the OHSAA cracked down on out of state " Recruiting ", Da Red doesn't have those non Ohio boys. During the All American Conference years when Steubenville was in the top division class, the average win/loss was less than 600. Fun years though. Every week was like playing perennial powerhouses. Boring anymore. Back then every game at home was standing room only and scores of fans in parking lots and rooftops watching. Anymore, a lot of empty seats. Weaker opponents but mathematically get you in playoffs. If Da Red was in a tough conference, they might go 7-3.

Big Red 3-2 regular season. 600%• Same as last year. Since the OHSAA cracked down on out of state " Recruiting ", Da Red doesn't have those non Ohio boys. During the All American Conference years when Steubenville was in the top division class, the average win/loss was less than 600. Fun years though. Every week was like playing perennial powerhouses. Boring anymore. Back then every game at home was standing room only and scores of fans in parking lots and rooftops watching. Anymore, a lot of empty seats. Weaker opponents but mathematically get you in playoffs. If Da Red was in a tough conference, they might go 7-3.
What out of state kids does Steubenville ever have?

Steubenville’s QB put them in the hole right from the first play. His play put them in bad field position . Just like it was last year their own QB killed them. His play cost them at least the first 2 touchdowns against . Not to mention they can’t guard their own shadows on defense

Last edited: