Dover Tornadoes @ Steubenville Big Red Week 8

Does Dover upset Steubenville Big Red in the playoffs
I don’t think it would truly be an upset if Dover won this game. The game earlier in the season was 7-7 going into the 4th quarter before Big Red pulled ahead bc of a Pooch kick bouncing back to big red

First time around Dover defense played well but the offense did not move the ball, eventually Red wore down Dover D and by the 4th quarter Ostovich Sp? was unstoppable. Reno will test the Dover run defense all night. If the Dover offense of the last 5 quarters is for real Dover can win this time.

First time around Dover defense played well but the offense did not move the ball, eventually Red wore down Dover D and by the 4th quarter Ostovich Sp? was unstoppable. Reno will test the Dover run defense all night. If the Dover offense of the last 5 quarters is for real Dover can win this time.
Yes Ostovich is a sophomore

Beating a good team twice in one year is difficult. Big red needs to pressure the QB, without letting him break containment. The big red backfield is deep, but very young, so controlling the line of scrimmage will be the key. Big red is a year or two away, but I totally expect a dover team that puts up more than 7 points this time around.

If Dovers offense can move the football and get it in the endzone, they certainly have a shot at knocking off the Big Red! Gotta keep the defense off the field this time around! Go Dover ?

What’s gonna happen this week at QB? Like previously said, it is very hard to beat a good team twice in 1 year, might be the best game in the region this week.

What’s gonna happen this week at QB? Like previously said, it is very hard to beat a good team twice in 1 year, might be the best game in the region this week.
The qb that was in quarantine isn’t eligible to be back until Friday morning, so wont have any days of practice this week if that means anything.

The qb that was in quarantine isn’t eligible to be back until Friday morning, so wont have any days of practice this week if that means anything.
Maybe movIng him to receiver to take advantage of his athleticism would be the best move for this week,if TC keeps the hot hand and Dover wins,keep it that way.

Last edited:
I would not dismiss Dover’s chances this week whatsoever. In addition to having to defeat a team twice in one season, Dover matches up very well. The Achilles heel of the Steubenville team is once again their pass defense. Teams all season have moved up and down the field on them. It is a real issue. Unless the Big Red can muster a better pass rush to help the defensive backs, it will be a long night.

Look for Big Red to use the same plan that they send against Fitch. Run the ball with a very strong offensive line and a stable of good running backs and win the time of possession. A shoot out favors Dover.

I would not dismiss Dover’s chances this week whatsoever. In addition to having to defeat a team twice in one season, Dover matches up very well. The Achilles heel of the Steubenville team is once again their pass defense. Teams all season have moved up and down the field on them. It is a real issue. Unless the Big Red can muster a better pass rush to help the defensive backs, it will be a long night.

Look for Big Red to use the same plan that they send against Fitch. Run the ball with a very strong offensive line and a stable of good running backs and win the time of possession. A shoot out favors Dover.
Their pass defense is is improved from last year the past two weeks they’ve reverted back to how it was the past two years tho

Dover needs to start TC if Hall can’t get any reps in or know the game plan for this weeks game. I’d think they should work him into the system tho.. But I’m not a legend football coach so I’m sure Dan Will do what’s best for his team to win.

I still say Steubenville is 7 points better. It’s at Death Valley..

The 28-7 win by Big Red in the first meeting this year doesn’t reflect how close of a game it really was. It’s always difficult to beat the same team twice in the same year.

But Big Red is Big Red, also Dover is Dover. The thing about Dover that always scares me is they can pass the ball 4 times and score 28 points. Both Reno and Ifft will have their teams ready to go. It will be a good game

I think this game will depend on which team learns from their mistakes. Dover will need to pass the ball efficiently and will need to get rid of the ball quickly with screen passes and slants to avoid the Big Red pass rush. Yards after the catch will be crucial!! The occasional draw play help out. I think Dover will need to have a double digit lead going into the 4th quarter to pull this one out.

Big Red will be Big Red as stated. They will run the ball well and pass to keep you honest. They are physical and aggressive. They will keep rotating the many running backs that they have available to keep them fresh which will pay off late in the game. I think they will need to pass the ball more than normal to keep the box from getting loaded. If it's close in the 4th quarter it is in Steubenville's favor.

Big Red by 7

Took steubenville neck and neck and almost knocked off philie. Know what your talking about
Big Red overpowered Dover in the fourth quarter, expect the same again. New Phila dominated Dover for the first 3 quarters up 21-0 while losing two fumbles in the red zone. It could have been 35-0. Dover never moved the football until NP went prevent defense in the fourth Q I know what I,m talking about ,I was there.

Big Red overpowered Dover in the fourth quarter, expect the same again. New Phila dominated Dover for the first 3 quarters up 21-0 while losing two fumbles in the red zone. It could have been 35-0. Dover never moved the football until NP went prevent defense in the fourth Q I know what I,m talking about ,I was there.
Overpowered after a fumble, a pooched kickoff recovery and a bad snap on a punt. You may have been there but obviously don’t know what your talking about

Overpowered after a fumble, a pooched kickoff recovery and a bad snap on a punt. You may have been there but obviously don’t know what your talking about
[/
Dover cannot stop the run, Big Red will overpower Dover again. Big Red is now healthy an it will show,

Overpowered? ???? Dover just made 2-3 mistakes in the last 6 min that lost them the game.. Wasn’t “Overpowered” by anyone lol. ???

Coach Ifft has been really good in situations where he plays a team a second time in the tournament through out his Hall of Fame career. Excited to see the Tornadoes compete this Friday. 10 year anniversary of the program's biggest win ever (at Steuby in 2010), this could be a great way to celebrate.