The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

So Reds fans...what do you feel are the odds of the Reds being able to keep Trever Bauer?

A. Zero
B. Slight
C. 50-50
D. He'll be the opening day starter

Bauer is keeping his options open, at least based on his Twitter posts. When a Reds fan commented "Thanks for being a great Red, good luck" he replied back something like "who says I won't be a Red next year?". So he didn't hate it in Cincy, he seemed to like the teammates, based on what we could see. So I'd say maybe 25% chance he is a Red. I'd go 30% Dodgers, 20% Angels, since he was a UCLA guy and loves the spotlight. that leaves 25% for all the other teams.

Bauer is keeping his options open, at least based on his Twitter posts. When a Reds fan commented "Thanks for being a great Red, good luck" he replied back something like "who says I won't be a Red next year?". So he didn't hate it in Cincy, he seemed to like the teammates, based on what we could see. So I'd say maybe 25% chance he is a Red. I'd go 30% Dodgers, 20% Angels, since he was a UCLA guy and loves the spotlight. that leaves 25% for all the other teams.
Bauer is proving to be a savvy marketer. He's going to the highest bidder. That won't be the Reds.
0%

Bauer is proving to be a savvy marketer. He's going to the highest bidder. That won't be the Reds.
0%

Might not be the Reds but they have the right to match any offer and at least get a pick out it. I think Bauer's in an interesting position in that a big market might not be best for his off field adventures. He'd just kinda be another star in town. Some clubs might not be keen on him using his platform to kinda self promote. I think it' going to be a strange offseason with no real way to predict next years finances.

Might not be the Reds but they have the right to match any offer and at least get a pick out it. I think Bauer's in an interesting position in that a big market might not be best for his off field adventures. He'd just kinda be another star in town. Some clubs might not be keen on him using his platform to kinda self promote. I think it' going to be a strange offseason with no real way to predict next years finances.
I don't think this is right.

The QO does not mean the Reds have the right to match any other offer to keep Bauer.

I don't think this is right.

The QO does not mean the Reds have the right to match any other offer to keep Bauer.

I'm not an expert on the QO by any means but have heard explained that the Reds would be given the opportunity to match any offer. If he still leaves the Reds would get a supplemental pick. That could be totally wrong

I realize the narrative for many is the fact that the Reds did not score a run in two playoff games, but it was a better series than the Marlins had. Through 20 innings of the Reds/ Braves series, the cumulative score was 2-0. This team is closer than many of you think.

I realize the narrative for many is the fact that the Reds did not score a run in two playoff games, but it was a better series than the Marlins had. Through 20 innings of the Reds/ Braves series, the cumulative score was 2-0. This team is closer than many of you think.
I did not realize the goal this year was to appear to do better than the Marlins. By the way, the Marlins won their first series, so that didn't happen either. This Reds team under-performed, period. That roster was built to make a deep run this year.

I do agree that this team is not that far off. But if Bauer goes, we take a step backwards.

The team was historically bad offensively all season and one-upped that by being historically bad in a post season series. They broke a 100 year records for most scoreless innings to begin a post season and are the only team in MLB history to not score a run in a playoff series lasting longer than 1 game. They were one three teams in MLB history to qualify for the playoffs despite having the league's worst batting average.

The oddity is that their pitching was even able to carry them enough to make the playoffs, not that they lost their playoff series. The narrative for the series should absolutely be that the offense scored 0 runs because it's highly unlikely to have pitching that can carry such an offensively inept team for any duration of time.

Closer to what? News flash, they lose thei
r best pitcher
What’re you blubbering about?
Pretty simple post, no surprise you don’t get it ??

I did not realize the goal this year was to appear to do better than the Marlins. By the way, the Marlins won their first series, so that didn't happen either. This Reds team under-performed, period. That roster was built to make a deep run this year.

I do agree that this team is not that far off. But if Bauer goes, we take a step backwards.
It certainly was not to be better than the Marlins, but that's the only team we can use for a comparison at this point. My point is, for 20 innings through two games, the Reds stood nearly toe to toe with Atlanta. They struggled to score off us too. I'm not satisfied with the season by any stretch, but I also don't feel like a lot where they want to blow this up and start over...yet again.

Didn't you miss me EP...?

There were several of us posting mid-season, wondering about your absence. There was lots of intelligent conversation while you were away, except for Zeeyore.

We took a poll as to what happened to you, and it was a 3-way tie:
1) Mom stopped paying your internet bill
2) You lost your job at the gas station, and that was your only place to get on-line
3) You were in jail with no internet privileges

Were we right?

The Reds lost the second game 5-0.

They played 22 innings.

The Reds offense was pathetically offensive this year.

There were several of us posting mid-season, wondering about your absence. There was lots of intelligent conversation while you were away, except for Zeeyore.

We took a poll as to what happened to you, and it was a 3-way tie:
1) Mom stopped paying your internet bill
2) You lost your job at the gas station, and that was your only place to get on-line
3) You were in jail with no internet privileges

Were we right?
Have the Reds scored yet?