Trump to save BIG season

I am saying that they died because of COVID. Without COVID they would not be dead right now.

Also, based on the CDC's own data, the US has 200K more deaths this year than last year so you can factor that into the analysis.
Yeah, that's nonsense. I remember that months ago you had a problem with the concept and truth that COVID-19, in the main, kills the dying. Before COVID-19, there were 1000 bugs or conditions that also killed the dying. The inability to grasp that concept is a major problem to seeing the Rona situation as it is.

I think it is a reasonable assumption, but it is an ASSUMPTION. Mrs. Edge, in 9th grade advance English-Lit told us: "Never assume because it makes an A*S out of U and ME.

Bottom line: the numbers of cases, deaths, and hospitalizations in the B1G footprint are very low. For the age group of college football players, COVID-19 is around the 300th most likely thing to harm them.

Because some people, mostly wokey, fearful souls, think this is the apocalypse, you can give all the numbers and info on all things related to COVID-19 to players and parents via mandatory meetings, and allow them to opt in or out, with an opt-in amounting to a liability waiver and an opt-out being a no-negative consequences option.

Problem solved.

Last edited:
ProV1's a blast. He lies, gets called on it, lies some more then posts 12 times that he doesn't care if we believe him. lol

I actually watch some games from all cuz I love college football. Can't say I'd miss the Mac though this year.
What college did you go to ? I'm sure casual people will watch some but it will be forgotten by most when the big conferences are playing. Minus a few
Toledo Rocket.

Two best coaches over the past 25 years came from MAC (Saban & Meyer). Lets not forget names like Woody and Bo and Ara either. It is fun watching young coaches cut their teeth and try new things (Fleck, Campbell, Clawson) as well as old coaches reinventing themselves (Solich). Plus it beats anything else on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

I'd a never been first. Never. And then why take such a hard stand when info and so many young men's futures are at stake?

B10 has to be embarrassed at this point. OHSAA figured it out and the B10, with all of their resources could not. C'mon.

Toledo Rocket.

Two best coaches over the past 25 years came from MAC (Saban & Meyer). Lets not forget names like Woody and Bo and Ara either. It is fun watching young coaches cut their teeth and try new things (Fleck, Campbell, Clawson) as well as old coaches reinventing themselves (Solich). Plus it beats anything else on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.
I said Mac grads in my post.... But I guessed Toledo

I have many friends who went to Mac schools so I'll watch some. But I was talking general fans. With me I'll watch most any college game because it's my favorite sport
My school is on the other side of the coaching coin. We rebuilt coaches. .Lane Kiffin just left for Ole Miss after leading us to 2 of the last 3 conference USA titles. And we also had Howard Schnellenberger at the end of his career
Now we have Willie Taggart who screwed up my other school FSU so I'll just hope he rebuilds his resume. Was alot more confident in Kiffin

Toledo Rocket.

BGSUcks.

I am saying that they died because of COVID. Without COVID they would not be dead right now.
False, you have NO idea if they would still be alive or not. People with comorbid conditions certainly die without covid.

Thought you Cleveland fans might like that
michigan-girl-sad-face.gif

You can play 7 days a week, doesn’t mean you’re any good. Where do you play? Do underprivileged youths and adults get the same opportunity to play 3-4 times a week like you? If not, you may want to focus your money toward more noble causes, just saying. Your privilege is beaming through... (I say all this in jest, I’m sure you earned both your time and money, much like others and are entitled to spend it however you wish, thanks United States and the Constitution)
Wait until the masses come for your privileged sport, and demand free access to all!

DerpV1 cuts a 5 fig check to First Tee, or he's a phony

I’m a long time reader; recent poster. I always thought to myself that this was a debate forum, which means to me, intelligible conversation back and forth. I’ve already learned that (much like in the real world) people like ProV, eastisbest, and the like aren’t interested in actual constructive debate, rather preach and babble just to hear themselves.
I respectfully engaged both posters above with clear and concise points/questions, but they couldn’t answer/respond. Probably too much on the feeble minds to actually think from anothers perspective.
Still would love to hear about all the underprivileged youths that ProV takes with him on his daily golf rounds. The way he talks, I figured he’d be sponsoring a food truck daily in low-income areas and washing the feet of the masses, just because he cares sooooo much about others. Him and his crew of famous college coaches that he golfs with should have all this figured out by now. You have the POWER to change things ProV, you just aren’t virtue signaling hard enough my man.

LowT1 is just a fraud and a toxic person.

eib is sort of odd. I don't believe he thinks in English. Frequent glimmers of shmahtz, a diverse life/work experience, but the communication breakdowns and odd posturing are a challenge for me.

Make no mistake. For those who died with comorbitities, they died because they had COVID. Any other spin is a total lie.
Go back to pre-COVID days. The flu, among other viral infections, cull out the old, sick, and dying.

Think about the conversations you have had over the years with people.

"Did you hear about Fred? He died last week."

"What happened?"

"Well, you know he has had intercostalgunkyfungilitis for years. They say he got the flu and couldn't fight it off."

No one concludes that Fred died of the flu. They cite it as a contributing factor, but Fred died of intercostalgunkyfungilitis with the flu giving his immune and critical organ systems one too many things to deal with.

I have read a lot of obits over the years. I can't recall one that cited flu as the cause of death, even though they died with the flu.

My daughter-in-law's dad died in the Cle Clinic in 2011 at 47 years of age. We still aren't over it. He had leukemia and a red marrow and cell cancer called myelofibrosis. His only chance was a bone marrow transplant. He had the transplant in March and did fantastic. It was easy to forget he was very sick and his new immune system was operating at only about 25%. On the last Sunday in Sept we met at McKinley Park in Canton and had a family picnic. Late in the day, he complained of being very tired. Later that evening, he started with a fever. He had a cold viral infection. He went septic, they infused IV antibiotics, his immune system went to zero, he got a fungus in his brain and eye, and was gone in a few weeks.

So, since you are so cocksure about this, did he die of leukemia and myelofibrosis, a bone marrow transplant, a fungus, or a cold? Saying he died solely from a cold is, well, bizarre. He died of his cancer and complications of his transplant that made him susceptible to a cold and a fungus.

This is what is so curious about COVID-19 - why some people fight so hard for this to be worse than it is. Frankly, I find it very, very strange behavior.

BS. They all have a cause or death in the certificate

are you really this stupid? Of course there is a cause of death. Most likely their comorbid condition would have done them in, NOT just because they had covid. You have ZERO way of knowing if they would have died due to their condition with or without covid. I'm shocked you can muster the fire power to stand upright.

Also, based on the CDC's own data, the US has 200K more deaths this year than last year so you can factor that into the analysis.
If COVID-19 passes early in 2021, let's revisit these pre-mature death numbers and see what they are for 2021 at the end of the year. What conclusion would you reach if they were down something in the neighborhood of 200K?

There are too many variables for you to be as sure as you are. But the big contextual fact you are missing is that people have been dying since Cain was jealous of Abel. They die of a myraid of causes and often a combination of factors. For sure, something like COVID-19 can and does shorten the life of a dying person. It can also take the life of an apparently healthy person - but I suspect that when science delivers us the answer, we will find that these apparently healthy people weren't actually too healthy and/or a weakness or quirk in their immune systems made them susceptible to a worse course of the infection. Regardless, there seems to be a disconnect in your thinking about the dying process in general, and what COVID-19's role is in it.

But this need to have COVID-19 be the worst disease ever - when clearly it isn't - indicates some other agenda. That doesn't mean that the Rona isn't concerning, but people who think like you, like some of our governors, have enforced the wrong treatment. What we should have done is isolate the old, sick, and dying from the Rona. Instead, we have isolated the young and healthy. It is absolutely, totally stupid and bassackwards.

If COVID-19 passes early in 2021, let's revisit these pre-mature death numbers and see what they are for 2021 at the end of the year. What conclusion would you reach if they were down something in the neighborhood of 200K?

There are too many variables for you to be as sure as you are. But the big contextual fact you are missing is that people have been dying since Cain was jealous of Abel. They die of a myraid of causes and often a combination of factors. For sure, something like COVID-19 can and does shorten the life of a dying person. It can also take the life of an apparently healthy person - but I suspect that when science delivers us the answer, we will find that these apparently healthy people weren't actually too healthy and/or a weakness or quirk in their immune systems made them susceptible to a worse course of the infection. Regardless, there seems to be a disconnect in your thinking about the dying process in general, and what COVID-19's role is in it.

But this need to have COVID-19 be the worst disease ever - when clearly it isn't - indicates some other agenda. That doesn't mean that the Rona isn't concerning, but people who think like you, like some of our governors, have enforced the wrong treatment. What we should have done is isolate the old, sick, and dying from the Rona. Instead, we have isolated the young and healthy. It is absolutely, totally stupid and bassackwards.
Who besides the good ole reliable straw man said this is the worst disease ever?

The first models projected 1.1 to 2.2 million dead Americans.
Subsequent models after mitigation said as low as 60000 to 80000 by September and rose from there . It has been recalibrated since . . If you think we have done really well at controlling this compared to other country’s I can’t help you . We are near the bottom
Of the class on this . We were thought to be the best if this ever came about by Johns Hopkins in 2018! as EC members told us . They were trying to make Trump look good of course . Fail

Subsequent models after mitigation said as low as 60000 to 80000

Only proving the inherent flaws in the original models which we were told to trust. To think that "mitigation" was going to reduce 2.2 million to 60k is only believed by idiots.

Only proving the inherent flaws in the original models which we were told to trust. To think that "mitigation" was going to reduce 2.2 million to 60k is only believed by idiots.
Didn’t say I believed anything . Bottom line is we are much closer to the bottom of the barrel on containing the virus instead of being what a Johns Hopkins study determined . That we were most prepared and best equipped to deal with a pandemic ., Didn’t quite work out that way