Eastern Conference Finals- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Boston Celtics

What's the eventual result in the Eastern Conference Finals?

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celtics in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celtics in 6

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I think if Cleveland beats Golden State, it will be in 7 games. But I think GS is going to take it this year. Two great teams though.

Historically, Golden State's two biggest stars (Steph and KD) have shrunk when stakes were highest; particularly against Cleveland's two biggest stars (Bron and Kyrie). The Finals will be determined by the play of GS's Thompson being defended by Shump and JR, and the play of the benches. Hope everyone remains healthy! Hope Draymond can keep his hands and feet inside his own restricted zone!

Historically, Golden State's two biggest stars (Steph and KD) have shrunk when stakes were highest; particularly against Cleveland's two biggest stars (Bron and Kyrie). The Finals will be determined by the play of GS's Thompson being defended by Shump and JR, and the play of the benches. Hope everyone remains healthy! Hope Draymond can keep his hands and feet inside his own restricted zone!

The series came down to the final minute of game 7 last year. Cleveland largely ran the same team back, Golden State added one of the 5 best players in the league.

That said, I thought GS would win pretty easily last year too, so what do I know.

I will say, if Lebron manages to defeat this Warriors team after defeating their 73 win team last year, the Jordan conversation at least has to happen. Not saying he surpasses him, but it's a conversation.

The series came down to the final minute of game 7 last year. Cleveland largely ran the same team back, Golden State added one of the 5 best players in the league.

That said, I thought GS would win pretty easily last year too, so what do I know.

I will say, if Lebron manages to defeat this Warriors team after defeating their 73 win team last year, the Jordan conversation at least has to happen. Not saying he surpasses him, but it's a conversation.

The Cavs have a tremendous bench advantage over GS this year, where the previous 2 years it was completely the opposite. Warriors may have added a top 5 player in Durant, and they're definitely an amazing team (67 wins), but their top heavy vulnerability could be their downfall this year as well, as it was the case for the Cavs. Cleveland has the best player in league history (not named Jordan) at the peak of his powers, too..

I'd give it a .01% chance of happening, but IF the Cavs were to sweep the Warriors, go "fo-fo-fo-fo", Id say that's grounds to leapfrog Jordan in the discussion.. Probably won't happen,I'd like to see it though lol

The Cavs have a tremendous bench advantage over GS this year, where the previous 2 years it was completely the opposite. Warriors may have added a top 5 player in Durant, and they're definitely an amazing team (67 wins), but their top heavy vulnerability could be their downfall this year as well, as it was the case for the Cavs. Cleveland has the best player in league history (not named Jordan) at the peak of his powers, too..

I'd give it a .01% chance of happening, but IF the Cavs were to sweep the Warriors, go "fo-fo-fo-fo", Id say that's grounds to leapfrog Jordan in the discussion.. Probably won't happen,I'd like to see it though lol
This. GS lost Ezelie, Bogut, Barnes, Speights and replaced them with McGee, West (who's now hurt), Pachulia and Durant. I realize that Durant is a top 5 player in the league, but missing some of those bigs from last year is going to hurt. A long series definitely favors the Cavs. And it appears that the coaching won't be an advantage for GS either with Brown on the bench instead of Kerr.

What if Lebron significantly outplays Durant, even if it goes 7 ?

I'm trying to think of Jordan's most difficult defensive assignment in a finals.....

What if Lebron significantly outplays Durant, even if it goes 7 ?

I'm trying to think of Jordan's most difficult defensive assignment in a finals.....

Jordan matched up with pre-HIV Magic for a majority of the '91 finals I believe, with Pippen guarding when Jordan rested. Kept him to 19 pts, 12 assists for that series.

LeBron has significantly outplayed everyone in the playoffs the last two years, and has dominated the last 2 finals, despite '15s "inefficiency". He has pretty much always 1-upped Durant head-to-head in big games since Durant came into the league, and with the level LeBron's at right now, only an injury could derail that at this point. If LeBron and the Cavs win the Finals this year, he'll have for sure beaten 2 of the top 3 teams either Jordan or LeBron faced, but he will still lose out on the finals record argument; which is really the only solid argument left at this point.

Like I said, a Cavs sweep of the Warriors this year (astronomically unlikely) would cement LeBron's GOAT status, but just a series win, unless he also averages 50-12-12 a game, would not be enough to do it. He'd need 1 more title after that.

This. GS lost Ezelie, Bogut, Barnes, Speights and replaced them with McGee, West (who's now hurt), Pachulia and Durant. I realize that Durant is a top 5 player in the league, but missing some of those bigs from last year is going to hurt. A long series definitely favors the Cavs. And it appears that the coaching won't be an advantage for GS either with Brown on the bench instead of Kerr.

Is Zaza still injured?

Interesting the Celtics are playing their best game without I.T. Is it just coincidence or does their offense have a better flow without the ball getting stuck with Thomas?

Que national media tomorrow awarding the championship to GSW and letting us all know all the reasons why CLE won't and can't win it all this year.

Pretty big choke in the second half. Nothing that will matter big picture, but a bit surprising.

Almost everyone picked CLE in 5. I don't think anyone expected the Cavs to sweep Boston. I still think that 5 games will happen. I think it's just the way this loss occurred that is surprising. At home, I.T. out, coming off 2 blow out wins, up 21 in 3rd qtr, LeBron being a non-factor. I figured Boston would get 1 win, but I expected it to be in game 1 or 2.

Que national media tomorrow awarding the championship to GSW and letting us all know all the reasons why CLE won't and can't win it all this year.

Obviously before the loss last night, but I have seen a few people praising the Cavs for getting better as the playoffs have gone on. Whereas, even though being undefeated thus far, the Warriors have not. Here's an article I read over the weekend about it, if you're interested.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/warriors-keep-beating-the-spurs-but-are-they-building-right-now/