The "Official" Colerain vs. Ryle Poll ~Bluegrass Edition!

Who Will Win and what will the margin of victory be?

• Colerain Wins by 8-14 Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryle Wins By a Close Margin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tofer23

2018 GMC & GCL Champs!
Week 2 of the season is coming up and the Mighty Colerain Cardinals will be heading deep into the hills of the bluegrass State for a titanic struggle against the Ryle Raiders!

Colerain comes to town with a win under their belt off of the D1 State Runner up PC Tigers, and Ryle starting a week earlier, is at 1-1.

Last season Ryle came to Colerain and took a beating, losing not only the game (37-0) but also lost their all state RB to an injury. The injury bug also struck down Colerain's RB Chris Davis. Let's hope that this game has no repeats of season ending injury on either side of the field!

So Here We Go!

Tofer23's Pick:

Colerain 42

Ryle 7

Don't forget to post your pick of the final score for the chance to win this weeks "No Prize"

I live in Dragontown USA, but I got to say Colerain is the one team in the state that holds it down. Sure they dont have as many state titles as some other teams, and maybe they dont have as tuff of a schedule as certain teams, but they are the best representative for the state of Ohio. Whenever they play a tuff team from out of state (TX, AL, etc.) they win. ST. X cant say that. Ignatius cant say that. If an out-of-stater asked me to pick one team to play in the 50 man tournament, Id have to pick COLERAIN.

Joe4264, You're post is filled with Truthiness! I have said the same thing for years, Colerain is undefeated vs. out of State teams for more than 2 decades!

Hopefully a Ryle fan will know someone that has the internet and a computer so that they can add some fun to the week.

I did hear that Ryle does not have visitor stands, anyone know if this is true? Could be a very interesting night if 3-4k Cardinal fans show up!

Hopefully a Ryle fan will know someone that has the internet and a computer so that they can add some fun to the week.

I did hear that Ryle does not have visitor stands, anyone know if this is true? Could be a very interesting night if 3-4k Cardinal fans show up!

I highly doubt that many Colerain fans will travel to Ryle since it looked like only about 500 made the trip to Nippert.

Not too many people wanted to sit out in the sun when it was 93 out. Plus the game was on tv. I know lots of people who wait for playoff time to go see the games.

This game will not be close after the first drive by the Cards. Colerain will win big and can name the score on the Raiders.

Since they are playing in KY, I hope that they use the KY "mercy rule." that will certainly shorten the game. The score could be such that the "mercy rule" takes effect at halftime and definitely by mid third quarter.

My prediction:

Colerain 56
Ryle 7

Crap! this is a Thursday night game! Looks like I will have to watch this one from home.

Sorry Raiders, but this game will be a curb-stomping. Colerain is not quite as big as they have been in recent years, but they have speed all over the place. Ramsby, Davis, Detuan Smith-Moore, Johnson, etc, on the edge, and the counters, plus Sorn doing the dirty work up the gut could result in a long night for Ryle. IMHO

Why even play Ryle? It's a blowout every year! Why not schedule another Ohio team or a better KY team? Play a Cleveland team or L Trinity, L St. X.

Why do you even care?

Because I respect the Cardinals for being a great team and nobody wants to waste their time watching a game where a team wins by 40+. It's like Ohio State vs Akron. I know Colerain is capable of playing a better team.

Because I respect the Cardinals for being a great team and nobody wants to waste their time watching a game where a team wins by 40+. It's like Ohio State vs Akron. I know Colerain is capable of playing a better team.

I'm sure it has alot to do with scheduling other sports. Unlike 'X', Colerain also has to think about the girls.

I'm sure it has alot to do with scheduling other sports. Unlike 'X', Colerain also has to think about the girls.

I'll agree with that. I was just throwing it out. I'm not trying to cut down Colerain at all. I just think blowouts are boring after halftime when its 35-0. But that's just my opinion and that's all it is. Good luck, Cards! I'd love to see 2-0 vs 2-0. Although St. X is missing Kilgore, it should be a whopper of a game week 3.