SLC favored by 8 over MNW...place your bets

exerpt - "Basically, the Texas people are taking the Texas team and the Florida people are taking the Florida team," Williams said

That would definitely tilt the point spread in SLC favor as I suspect alot more bets would be placed by Texas football fans than Florida. I just don't see Steinfeld's dad, Morty, placing bets on MNW when he has Jai-Lai to feed his gambling addiction.

I bet not many dollars in this pot. But I would think MNW is the neutral betting man's choice. Do they have a line on Hoover vs Colerain?

Im picking Southlake. Give me good coaching and teamwork over athletes anyday.

MNW started their game last weekend by building a large lead. However, their opponent came roaring back to make the game very close. At one point it was 44-41 in favor of MNW. MNW scored late to make the final 51-41. I believe MNW missed 4 extra points in the game.

Apparently MNW gave up a ton of passing yards.

exerpt - "Basically, the Texas people are taking the Texas team and the Florida people are taking the Florida team," Williams said

That would definitely tilt the point spread in SLC favor as I suspect alot more bets would be placed by Texas football fans than Florida. I just don't see Steinfeld's dad, Morty, placing bets on MNW when he has Jai-Lai to feed his gambling addiction.

I bet not many dollars in this pot. But I would think MNW is the neutral betting man's choice. Do they have a line on Hoover vs Colerain?

Actually, that's not how it happened. The website initially set SLC as a 10 point favorite. After early betting the spread lowered to 8 points.

MNW started their game last weekend by building a large lead. However, their opponent came roaring back to make the game very close. At one point it was 44-41 in favor of MNW. MNW scored late to make the final 51-41. I believe MNW missed 4 extra points in the game.

Apparently MNW gave up a ton of passing yards.

Sorry Dad but I am going to bring up ancient history

MNW gave up 41 points in 1 game?? And this is the all-time great team that is in a game of the century??

In 1996, DLS gave up 53 points ALL YEAR, in 12 games

Oh ya, they scored 594

Lets see if MNW can go the rest of the year giving up 12 points or less

then they would only equal a very good 1996 DLS team

so much for the game of the century

sheesh

and now SLC needs to score like 62 points just to say they are better than a so-so florida team which scored 41

i wish you luck

___________________________\

I am guessing this was a scrimmage as it does not register as a game

what is all the fuss about????????????

Last edited:
Sorry Dad but I am going to bring up ancient history

MNW gave up 41 points in 1 game?? And this is the all-time great team that is in a game of the century??

In 1996, DLS gave up 53 points ALL YEAR, in 12 games

Oh ya, they scored 594

Lets see if MNW can go the rest of the year giving up 12 points or less

then they would only equal a very good 1996 DLS team

so much for the game of the century

sheesh

You and SLC dad don't know what you are talking about. Can you believe the Raiders went 3-1 in the preseason last year? They are real good. Oh wait, preseason doesn't count?

Miami Northwestern and Deerfield Beach will start next week 0-0. How many points or yards each team has given up on the season is 0 for right now.

So Miami Northwestern has not given up any points this season. I think they have 15 games. Lets see how they do when the games count.

You and SLC dad don't know what you are talking about. Can you believe the Raiders went 3-1 in the preseason last year? They are real good. Oh wait, preseason doesn't count?

Miami Northwestern and Deerfield Beach will start next week 0-0. How many points or yards each team has given up on the season is 0 for right now.

So Miami Northwestern has not given up any points this season. I think they have 15 games. Lets see how they do when the games count.

that is why I said what is all the fuss about

ok

now read more carefully next time

Nobody said the MNW/DB game was a regular season game. However, there are many Florida faithful that were surprised DB scored as much as they did. MNW was going to pull their starters at half time but it didn't happen because the game was closer than everybody thought.

Nobody said the MNW/DB game was a regular season game. However, there are many Florida faithful that were surprised DB scored as much as they did. MNW was going to pull their starters at half time but it didn't happen because the game was closer than everybody thought.

Well look at it any way you want but I wouldn't allow it to give you a false sense of security. And to the DLS homer above, I think MNW would handle them easily this year.

Well look at it any way you want but I wouldn't allow it to give you a false sense of security. And to the DLS homer above, I think MNW would handle them easily this year.

Following DLS does not make me a DLS homer

I was shocked USA Today rated them as high as #6

I think many teams are better than DLS in the last few years

I think they were much better taleny wise 1993-2002

do more research before making dumb posts

where did it say I think DLS would beat MNW

where???????????????????????

Actually, that's not how it happened. The website initially set SLC as a 10 point favorite. After early betting the spread lowered to 8 points.

I would say that that is probably an accurate assessment of what happened.

I am wondering, though, how many people have their lives so wrapped around high school football that they bet on the games. I wonder if anybody has ever done any statistics with regard to how much this goes on.

Have any of you guys ever heard of any studies with regard to gambling on high school football?

Welcome to our board djtom. You have been greeted by Consumerman the most famous supporter of the DLS program. If you scroll the threads you can piece together his life story. He plays the part of Carl Spackler at a Danville California golf coarse.

He has not warmed up to you yet as normally he will greet you with three rapid fire posts.

I am wondering, though, how many people have their lives so wrapped around high school football that they bet on the games. I wonder if anybody has ever done any statistics with regard to how much this goes on.

Have any of you guys ever heard of any studies with regard to gambling on high school football?

How much do you think an official gets for fixing the game. If you scroll through the messageboards, officials are throwing games nightly without organized crime being involved.

one set of statistics isn't enough'

hopefully daditis can show us a combined graph of 4 studies and then how the top 50 bettors rank based on a matrix of 4 studies, with strength of bookie used to make texas bettors higher than others

Maybe I can help everyone out. I learned all about this on the college football board.

If you mention a good thing about a team another poster doesn't like, you are a homer.

If you mention a bad thing about a team another poster likes, you are a hater.

The accuracy of your comments is irrelevant.

For example, mentioning that Ohio State has won one National Championship since 1968 makes you an Ohio State hater. That's just how it works.

If this were an astronomy board, mentioning that Mercury is closer to the sun than Saturn would make you a Mercury homer and a Saturn hater.

A person that believes a 143 game winning streak does not deserve an asterick.

you are entitled to your opinion

pls let me know how watered down two tier playoffs where any team that wins either bracket CAN NOT claim to be the best as they did not play the winner of the other bracket can still claim to be state champion

pls let me know when slc played a team rated #1 in tha nation two years in a row (and not one that gave up 41 points to a so-so team in an ex game)

pls let me know when slc played an 18 time state champion

pls let me know when slc played a team that FINISHED #2 in the nation, despite losing in the head to head game

pls let me know when anybody from slc is elected to the national high school coaches hall of fame

pls let me know when anyone from slc is nominated as the top coach in ALL sports (including college and professional - all sports)

and then we will talk asterisks

jealousies, are so simple to see, make the worst of me

and now define homer ine homer without trying to attack dls, by the way you are NOT involved in the question, but knowing how you are, you muscled in and it will take about 3 days and 4 challenges before you sheepishly answer directly

and what does an asterisk have to do with a 151 game winning streak????
oh you are nostradamus, thats right and predict they would not have a long streak had california had 7 tiers of playoffs every year

is that it?

nostradamus?

Maybe I can help everyone out. I learned all about this on the college football board.

If you mention a good thing about a team another poster doesn't like, you are a homer.

For example, mentioning that Ohio State has won one National Championship since 1968 makes you an Ohio State hater. That's just how it works.

If this were an astronomy board, mentioning that Mercury is closer to the sun than Saturn would make you a Mercury homer and a Saturn hater.

hee hee

You know the funniest thing about this post is that for the most part it is true.

BTW, don't even say anything bad about the Bengals on the NFL Forum. That will really get you into hot water or jail (with the rest of the team).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chicago - what is it called when you laugh out loud because a team went months assuming that they were playing another team when that other team announced in its local papers that there was no deal and you had nothing in writing and then 9 months later act shocked and amazed that that team actually meant what it said and that no agreement was brought to your doorsteep by fairies? Does that make one a Hata', a Homer, or just one who enjoys a good laugh... :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chicago - what is it called when you laugh out loud because a team went months assuming that they were playing another team when that other team announced in its local papers that there was no deal and you had nothing in writing and then 9 months later act shocked and amazed that that team actually meant what it said and that no agreement was brought to your doorsteep by fairies? Does that make one a Hata', a Homer, or just one who enjoys a good laugh... :laugh: :laugh:

Nobody blames that team. Their program has fallen so low over the last four years that an embarrasment in Texas wouldn't do much for the self esteem that is still hanging on by a thread from the glory days of long ago. :D :D

They could have played the game if they wanted to, but it's hard to blame them for not coming. Fortunately, an even better team stepped up to the plate and all is right again in the world.

Nobody blames that team. Their program has fallen so low over the last four years that an embarrasment in Texas wouldn't do much for the self esteem that is still hanging on by a thread from the glory days of long ago. :D :D

They could have played the game if they wanted to, but it's hard to blame them for not coming. Fortunately, an even better team stepped up to the plate and all is right again in the world.

Is that "better team" the one that gave up 41 points to a so-so mediocre team?

41 points?

Yes, no question a top notch team. I guess DLS would have given up 90.

Dad,

There is no doubt that SLC is a fine program. Maybe tops in the country for the last few years according to the polls but SLC have only been competing at the highest level available in Texas for the the last few of years. Correct?

When you can do what you are doing now for the next 20 years then you will have accomplished something close what DLS has accomplished.

SLC has a long way to go.

ps Cowboy up and step out of Texas once in a while. At least Indy traveled to put their national reputation on the line in a hostile environment.