WHo Will BE THE NATIONAL PRESEASON TOP 10!

I thought the Northwestern tape was from 2001 or 2002 not 1998. It's hard to believe that very much has changed since then.

SLC would have dismantled Lakeland in 2005. Everybody knew SLC was the best team in the nation except Chris Lawlor. In 2005 SLC was the most favored national champ of ANY mythical champ since the DLS glory days. SLC was #1 in 2005 at it wasn't even close.

I'd say that 2006 was slightly closer, but Lakeland struggled several times during the year. Early in the year their victory over StX seemed impressive BUT even that game lost it's luster when StX got beat early in the Ohio playoffs. Lakeland really didn't have the kind of season that a national championship team should have. If Lakeland hadn't started the season ranked high, they probably wouldn't have made the top 5 at the end.

SLC, on the other hand, started much lower in the rankings in 2006. (They had 10 new starters on offense.) During the season and the playoffs SLC proved how good they were at the same time that Lakeland was struggling. That is why the combined polls put SLC as #1 in 2006.

I REALLY look forward to the game with Northwestern if it happens in 2007. You say SLC "promised" to play the game. That is false. The game has not yet been officially announced by anyone. However, it looks like it will happen. Northwestern will see an exhibition of discipline, execution and teamwork that they have never seen before. If the game is played in Dragon Stadium, they will see a packed house that we see pretty much every week.

Slcdad who gives a you know what. We have been through this already. Lakeland/slc #1 in 2006. Who cares? How long are you going to drag this on.

And yes you did see the tape from the year of the bull tape. And trust me . things have changed. And northwestern Brings crowds of 20,000 to some of ther reg season games. So crowds will not be problem. Carroll will not have th fire power to keep up with northwestern. I can see it biging close then the bulls pulling away.

Slcdad who gives a you know what. We have been through this already. Lakeland/slc #1 in 2006. Who cares? How long are you going to drag this on.

And yes you did see the tape from the year of the bull tape. And trust me . things have changed. And northwestern Brings crowds of 20,000 to some of ther reg season games. So crowds will not be problem. Carroll will not have th fire power to keep up with northwestern. I can see it biging close then the bulls pulling away.
Think of me as a therapist. Lakeland has been living a lie and I'm trying to help them be more honest with themselves.:thumb: (just kidding)

I'd be surprised if Northwestern brings more than 500-1000 fans. SLC wins this one. 45-21.

Last edited:
#1 HILLIARD DAVIDSON :party: :party: :party: :party:
:party:

Defending State Champs

29 - 1 in last three regular seasons

39 - 3 overall.

why not? last year proved anything can happen. haha
I guess we will see if lightning strikes twice in the same place.

How about these stats:

Three time defending state champs and four titles in the last five years.

50-0 in last five regular seasons.

79-1 overall (only loss was by one point).

48 game current winning streak.

Played more games and won more games over the last 5 years than any high school team in the nation.

Three time defending national champ.

Predicted pre-season national #1 in 2007

Last edited:

How about these stats:

Played more games and won more games over the last 5 years than any high school team in the nation.

Pwnage... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Impressive indeed.

You may be right. I'm calling the stadium to have metal detectors installed on the MNW side.:D :D

OK yea right.

Have you ever seen Northwestern Play. We saw Southlake Carroll play against austin westlake here in florida. And from out thoughts. Slc vs. Lakeland last year would have been a good one. But Northwestern was out of everyones ball park last year. And will be next year also. They will bring way more then 1,000 fans. They have a strong fan base, Good players ,and an outstanding team. What esle could carroll want from and out of state team. I mean finally some one who can give you game, And has the goods to beat you if they play to par. Thats what you sould want from and out of state game. What they only time you faced that was against trinty. So it will be a good game. I just dont think Slc has the power to knock them off. The only teams that will have what it takes to have with carroll next year are. Sta,Miami Northwestern,Booker t. Washington, Dematha,Dls, and possible St.x. Florida is on track to put in 4-5 in the pre-season rankings. Boy its going to be a good year for florida prep ball next year. Yea and to think it will be a blow out either way is retarded. Its fun for bashing on the web but im reality. this game will be really really close.

Finally another long awaited for Prep ball pre-season #1 vs. #2.

#1 Carroll Vs #2 Northwestern(who may open the season with predicted top 10 Booker t. Washington)- the battle for the top spot.

What else could you want.

What else could I want

I te ya da answer to dat one, dog. I hope they leave there guns at home and leave da pizza alone.:cool: :cool: :cool:

I can now actually read this stuff without feeling like I'm cracking code for the Allies.

I've obviously spent far too much time on this site.

OK yea right.

Have you ever seen Northwestern Play. We saw Southlake Carroll play against austin westlake here in florida. And from out thoughts. Slc vs. Lakeland last year would have been a good one. But Northwestern was out of everyones ball park last year. And will be next year also. They will bring way more then 1,000 fans. They have a strong fan base, Good players ,and an outstanding team. What esle could carroll want from and out of state team. I mean finally some one who can give you game, And has the goods to beat you if they play to par. Thats what you sould want from and out of state game. What they only time you faced that was against trinty. So it will be a good game. I just dont think Slc has the power to knock them off. The only teams that will have what it takes to have with carroll next year are. Sta,Miami Northwestern,Booker t. Washington, Dematha,Dls, and possible St.x. Florida is on track to put in 4-5 in the pre-season rankings. Boy its going to be a good year for florida prep ball next year. Yea and to think it will be a blow out either way is retarded. Its fun for bashing on the web but im reality. this game will be really really close.

#1 Carroll Vs #2 Northwestern(who may open the season with predicted top 10 Booker t. Washington)- the battle for the top spot.

Interesting that a Lakeland fan would say that "Northwestern was out of everyones ball park last year." Are you saying that Lakeland wasn't deserving of the co-national champion designation they got in 2006? Lakeland's website loudly proclaims their supposed two national titles. The case for Lakeland in 2005 was not real strong and they struggled a few times in 2006.

SLC has had many games against top national teams. SLC's strength of schedule is in the national top 5 over the last few years (if playoffs are included).

Yes, the 2007 SLC vs. MNW game will be a great one. MNW has a whole stable of top prospects. SLC has almost all of their offense coming back (some have said SLC's 2007 offense may be the best in the history of Texas football). SLC's defense and their new coach are the question marks. MNW is a "more than worthy" replacement for DeLaSalle on SLC's schedule. In fact, it's probably a good thing that the SLC vs. DLS game didn't work out. The SLC vs. MNW game will be better.

I can't wait.

OK yea right.

Naughty what all does Lakeland have coming back next year. When I seen them play last year they seemed to be mostly Sr. heavy.

Maybe Lakeland will be even better.

A lot of the guys who barely beat St. Xavier, Osceola, Kathleen, and Aquinas will be gone.

That can only help.

How about these stats:

c'mon man why you gotta be like that, haha.

let me gloat just a little bit.

c'mon man why you gotta be like that, haha.

let me gloat just a little bit.
Sorry. Go ahead and gloat. (just a little smack talk from me)

HD has had a great run. Any team that wins a state title in Ohio has accomplished someting big.

Notre Dame was a pre-season #2. Look where it got them. There is only one thing that means even less than post season rankings . . . and that is pre-season rankings. ;)
Since we don't have any kind of national tournament or a title game the rankings are the best we can do. National rankings are a DIRECT RESULT OF ON FIELD PERFORMANCE. If a team does exceptionally well on the field, the national rankings will follow.

Southlake Carroll:
Last Five Years:
--Three time defending state champs, five straight finals appearances and four titles in the last five years.
--50-0 in last five regular seasons.
--29-1 play-off record.
--79-1 overall (only loss was by one point in the 2003 state final).
--48 game current winning streak.
--Played more games and won more games over the last 5 years than any high school team in the nation.

Last Twenty Years:
--Twelve 10-0 regular seasons in the last 20 years.
--Seven 16-0 seasons in the last 20 years.

Texas Most Playoff Wins Over Past 20 Seasons (1987-2006) 5A Schools
1. 74 - Southlake Carroll
2. 56 - Converse Judson
3. 54 - Katy
4. 50 - Corpus Christi Calallen
5. 49 - Austin Westlake
6. 35 - Midland Lee
7. 33 - Odessa Permian
8. 31 - Smithson Valley
9. 31 - A&M Consolidated
10. 30 - Arlington Lamar

Texas Highest Playoff Winning Percentage Over Past 20 Seasons (1987-2006) 5A Schools
1. 87.65% - Southlake Carroll (74-10-1)
2. 80.71% - Converse Judson (56-13-1)
3. 79.41% - Katy (54-14-0)
4. 79.07% - Odessa Permian (33-8-2)
5. 75.00% - San Antonio Roosevelt (12-4-0)
6. 75.00% - San Antonio Churchill (3-1-0)
7. 75.00% - San Antonio Reagan (3-1-0)
8. 73.81% - Smithson Valley (31-11-0)
9. 72.46% - Austin Westlake (49-18-2)

Since SLC did all of that (above) AND has 10 offensive starters coming back, the predicted 2007 pre-season National #1 is the natural result.

Last edited:
How about 5A playoff wins, rather than playoff wins by schools now in 5A?
I don't have the data for 5A only wins. Some teams move up and down so it's not easy to isolate that.

SLC is 29-1 in the playoffs in 5A or 96.67% winning. Obviously that won't be the highest number of wins but it will be the highest winning % (by far).

So Judson will be ranked second in the country, or a little lower?
I know you are joking, but there is a point.

Yes, the polls are all mythical. However, they reflect actual performance on the field. That is the point. SLC has been dominating Texas. They finsihed #1 nationally in 2006 (and 2004 and 2005). They have lots of players coming back. We don't know if SLC will dominate in 2007 but based on their history it's a good bet that they will. Hence . . . . predicted 2007 preseaon #1 ranking.

SLC will get a huge "benefit of the doubt" in the polls. They've earned it.

This is not unlike how the polls treated DLS in 2003 and before. Who knows if DLS was #1 or not (especially since they didn't have a full state playoff in CA). However, since DLS won all those games over many years the polls rightly gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Since SLC did all of that (above) AND has 10 offensive starters coming back, the predicted 2007 pre-season National #1 is the natural result.

And?

That means exactly what?

The answer you are looking for is nothing.

Maybe one of these days you will learn that high school football is all about the players, the students, and their fans. It is apparent that all it means to you is rankings. And now you are even crowing about pre-season rankings. Its a bit much.

Who was the pre-season #1 last year. Maybe you might get that one. Okay, how about five years ago. Maybe ten. It is high school football and those that play and have played understand that it is all about playing alongside your teammates and looking each other in the eye in that huddle and knowing that you were giving 100% and that you wouldn't let each other down. That is what high school football is all about. Its not about hypothetical pre-season and post-season rankings.

And?

That means exactly what?

The answer you are looking for is nothing.

Maybe one of these days you will learn that high school football is all about the players, the students, and their fans. It is apparent that all it means to you is rankings. And now you are even crowing about pre-season rankings. Its a bit much.

Who was the pre-season #1 last year. Maybe you might get that one. Okay, how about five years ago. Maybe ten. It is high school football and those that play and have played understand that it is all about playing alongside your teammates and looking each other in the eye in that huddle and knowing that you were giving 100% and that you wouldn't let each other down. That is what high school football is all about. Its not about hypothetical pre-season and post-season rankings.
Baldy:

Did you notice the name of this thread? This thread is ALL about rankings. Specifically, it's about 2007 pre-season rankings.

Excuse me for posting the factors that will enter into the equation about who the preseason #1 will be.

Isn't that part of the question that CincyGuy asked when he started this thread?

Sheesh.

If YOU want to post about other things regarding high school football start some threads and we can discuss it.

However, don't hijack this thread (you started to . . . twice) because this thread is about 2007 preseason rankings. :thumb: :thumb:

-

Last edited:
Maybe Lakeland will be even better.

A lot of the guys who barely beat St. Xavier, Osceola, Kathleen, and Aquinas will be gone.

That can only help.

ha you play close attention to lakeland dont you. Up can scratch Aquinas and St.X off the list being they were nationally ranked. And the kathleen game is normally close and we sucked against osceola so that sums that up for you. And lakeland is bringing the goods next year. I seen them practice and the quick strike Dreadnuaght Passing game will be back and in strong effect. the team will be fine. if you hate us so much why comment on us?:shrug: . Northwestern Will be up there next year. So that Slc game will be good. We like to say it will be a blow out. But it wont be that close. And i take Nw because i strongly dont think anyteam has the firepower that they bring to the table every week. Show me a team that shuts out 7 teams in the row by the score of 317-0 and has much of that team coming back. Then you have a team that can hang with northwestern. But until then . I dont see it.

SLC vs. MNW will be great. I hope the game happens.

If you believe Freeman rankings, SLC played 7 games against teams rated higher than any team MNW faced all year. Massey ratings says pretty much the same thing. Let's be honest, most of the MNW shuthouts were against poor teams.

2006 results.

MNW. 15-0 Schedule Strength: 23.8
WINS: #388 Lake Brantley (Altamonte Springs, FL) (34-14), #566 North Miami Beach (FL) (42-20), #699 Central (Miami, FL) (41-0), #699 Central (Miami, FL) (39-12), #1381 Homestead (FL) (46-10), #1526 Columbus (Miami, FL) (42-0), #1526 Columbus (Miami, FL) (48-11), #1694 Jackson (Miami, FL) (41-0), #2176 Edison (Miami, FL) (40-8), #2304 Killian (Miami, FL) (34-20), #2879 Hialeah (FL) (51-0), #3092 Carol City (Miami, FL) (50-13), #4235 American (Hialeah, FL) (41-0), #7034 Hialeah-Miami Lakes (Hialeah, FL) (54-0), #10803 Goleman (Miami, FL) (47-0), LOSSES: none

SLC. 16-0 Schedule Strength: 37.8
WINS: #37 Trinity (Euless, TX) (22-21), #52 Heritage (Colleyville, TX) (33-7), #52 Heritage (Colleyville, TX) (56-7), #55 Allen (TX) (38-0), #71 Westlake (Austin, TX) (43-29), #273 Permian (Odessa, TX) (42-6), #328 Grapevine (TX) (45-7), #477 Rockwall (TX) (47-7), #587 Northwest (Justin, TX) (45-21), #607 Evangel Christian (Shreveport, LA) (43-16), #1381 Richland (North Richland Hills, TX) (38-0), #1467 Lake Highlands (Dallas, TX) (49-13), #1882 Lewisville (TX) (35-0), #1949 Keller Central (Keller, TX) (57-7), #2304 Keller (TX) (64-24), #2795 Haltom (Haltom City, TX) (52-14), LOSSES: none

-

Last edited:
SLCDad:

All these Freeman numbers and Massey numbers are kind of confusing.

Could you just tell everyone how many goods SLC is bringing next year?