WHo Will BE THE NATIONAL PRESEASON TOP 10!

Originally, DeMatha was told they would play either Moeller or St. X. This was about three weeks ago. Somewhere on here there is a thread about X playing an Indianapolis team that weekend so if that's true, I'm assuming it is Moeller. Personally, I would much prefer DM play X and believe it will be a better matchup. DeMatha has actually played Moeller before, in 1980, in Faust's last year. I saw that game at UC and left feeling that Faust's Moeller teams were the best I had ever seen. Two players from that DM team went into the NFL. Moeller 34 DeMatha 0. Today, DeMatha has a lot in common with Moeller of then. Frankly, the Herbie will be an interesting game, whoever DeMatha plays.

Moeller is slated to play Mission Viejo, California, that coming from a reliable source at Moeller.

And?

That means exactly what?

The answer you are looking for is nothing.

Maybe one of these days you will learn that high school football is all about the players, the students, and their fans. It is apparent that all it means to you is rankings. And now you are even crowing about pre-season rankings. Its a bit much.

Who was the pre-season #1 last year. Maybe you might get that one. Okay, how about five years ago. Maybe ten. It is high school football and those that play and have played understand that it is all about playing alongside your teammates and looking each other in the eye in that huddle and knowing that you were giving 100% and that you wouldn't let each other down. That is what high school football is all about. Its not about hypothetical pre-season and post-season rankings.

AMEN

another nice enlightened post from one of the texas brethren

thugs???????????????????

Yep. Those overrated thugs that have never seen or played one of your good white boy teams right. lol.

ha you crack me up. you talk about texas ball. Come and play in dade. Its always strong and they just freakin beat down other. Its like the sec of high school ball. so right now. Northwestern is florida. Slc is ohio state. No one is picking Nw to win. And we all saw what that lead to in the national championship game.

All i will say is watch out. Call them thugs. Hoes. sluts. what ever you want. BUt when they come to town you better be ready. This is first team slc will play that in some ways has a mental advantage over you and has more talent and can meet you match for match in almost all positions.

Dont be ready. And slc will just start the streak of shut outs for this team in 2007.

I have no idea what the players from Northwestern are actually like.

However, I've been to Dade (I even lived there for a summer).

I'm guessing there's a reason there's no CSI Southlake on TV.

I have no idea what the players from Northwestern are actually like.

However, I've been to Dade (I even lived there for a summer).

I'm guessing there's a reason there's no CSI Southlake on TV.

There could be a CSI Dallas Cowboys and that would fill enough episodes for 2 seasons, Nate Newton would have a recurring role

And now you are even crowing about pre-season rankings. Its a bit much.

Even before the pre-season (= meaningless) rankings come out, he is crowing about them

too sad

Pathetic. Has nothing to do with High school sports and added nothing to the thread. The Cowboys and Nate Newton will not play in the game in September.

Are you aware Southlake's crime rate is so low, they do not have a jail. They have contracted with a neighboring city to handle anyone who needs to be incarcerated.

Contrary to SLCDad trying to down play the affluence of Southlake Carroll, the game will be a contrast of demographics at many levels.

Contrary to SLCDad trying to down play the affluence of Southlake Carroll, the game will be a contrast of demographics at many levels.

Agree here.

Very affluent and predominanatly white suburban school versus a poor, urban and pre-dominantly African-American school.

At least on the resources side (facilitites, equipment and the like), you should see a huge disparity here. I would also venture to bet that there is a great disparity in the stability of the homes, emphasis on achievement/expectations etc of the kids.

For example, I highy doubt you would ever see an SLC coach assaulting his own player. Nor would you see an SLC player talk smack a coach (or steal a pizza, for that matter). Lack of such distractions and disruptions allows focus on doing actual football.

Agree here.

Very affluent and predominanatly white suburban school versus a poor, urban and pre-dominantly African-American school.

At least on the resources side (facilitites, equipment and the like), you should see a huge disparity here. I would also venture to bet that there is a great disparity in the stability of the homes, emphasis on achievement/expectations etc of the kids.

For example, I highy doubt you would ever see an SLC coach assaulting his own player. Nor would you see an SLC player talk smack a coach (or steal a pizza, for that matter). Lack of such distractions and disruptions allows focus on doing actual football.

Concha, you are right.

The demographics in Southlake are great in many ways. You mention family stability. In Southlake just under 80% of the adults are living in a married household with both spouses there. The US avererage is around 50% and I'd guess Dade county is well below that. In Southlake about 15% of adults have never been married. That means that 95% (give or take) of the adults in Southlake are either living in a married household with both father and mother there OR they have never been married. That is terrific.

Around 3% of adults are living as single divorced adults (some of the married households include previous divorces). About 1% widowed and less than 1% married but separated.

I believe it's the strong families that are the #1 contributor to educational, financial and athletic success that Southlake enjoys.

In the last census, household income in Southlake was MORE than triple the national average.

In 2003 the violent crime rate was 0.4 per 1,000 (10 crimes all year) and there were zero murders. Dade county probably has more violent crimes than that in one day.

By quoting these stats I'm not bragging, but just trying contrast SLC and MNW. Most of the SLC kids have lots of advantages.

Regarding facilities, SLC does not have better facilities than most of the other 5A schools in the area.

Concha, you are right.

The demographics in Southlake are great in many ways. You mention family stability. In Southlake just under 80% of the adults are living in a married household with both spouses there. The US avererage is around 50% and I'd guess Dade county is well below that. In Southlake about 15% of adults have never been married. That means that 95% (give or take) of the adults in Southlake are either living in a married household with both father and mother there OR they have never been married. That is terrific.

Around 3% of adults are living as single divorced adults (some of the married households include previous divorces). About 1% widowed and less than 1% married but separated.

I believe it's the strong families that are the #1 contributor to educational, financial and athletic success that Southlake enjoys.

In the last census, household income in Southlake was MORE than triple the national average.

In 2003 the violent crime rate was 0.4 per 1,000 (10 crimes all year) and there were zero murders. Dade county probably has more violent crimes than that in one day.

By quoting these stats I'm not bragging, but just trying contrast SLC and MNW. Most of the SLC kids have lots of advantages.

Regarding facilities, SLC does not have better facilities than most of the other 5A schools in the area.

I think that part of what you mention above also relates to the Big Catholics in Ohio. Though not necessarily rich (ex. Elder is very working class), the family situations will tend to be more stable and the expectations and family involvement higher than in a typical public.

In terms of facilities, I am aware that many Texas school systems have lavish facilities by the standards of the rest of the nation (ex. in-door training fields).

Concha you are right on the facilities. Texas High is getting ready to vote on a $4.5 million expenditure for their stadium. The stadium was built in 1954 and has had nominal renovations since that time. The plan is a new field house, press box, concessions and field house. Also I suspect field furf and parking upgrades. Personally, I hope they keep the grass field as it is arguably the best in East Texas (Put in by the former grounds keeper that put the field in at the Ball Park in Arlington).

I am afraid that a little of what is happening at the university level is creeping into Texas high school athletics. If you want to keep a good Athletic Director/Head Coach, you need to keep him happy. It is a keeping up with the Jones mentality.

Texas High has an indoor facility that is either 60 to 70 yards of turf.

I agree with the Ohio Catholic and SLC comparision. I think the demographics may not be quite the same but the family values are similiar. I view SLC to be "lower upper to middle upper". The Catholic schools probably begin at the "upper middle to lower upper". I think the only difference is the % of kids with country club privileges are higher at SLC. That is important in sports like golf and tennis.

Pathetic. Has nothing to do with High school sports and added nothing to the thread. The Cowboys and Nate Newton will not play in the game in September.

Are you aware Southlake's crime rate is so low, they do not have a jail. They have contracted with a neighboring city to handle anyone who needs to be incarcerated.

The last crime stats that I saw were for 2003. That year Southlake had 10 violent crimes for the entire year.

Miami-Dade county has 100 violent crimes each day.

I think comparing Miami/Dade is not fair to Northwestern. You would have to include Tarrant County stats. I think you have to compare the school's attendence zone. However I suspect it may reflect the city per 1000 stats.

But if the crime rate is so low you can not justify a city jail, it speaks highly of the community. However your stats are from 2003, I assume the per 1000 stats have risen dramatically due to the internet stalking crimes by a certain poster we all endure when off medication.

PATHETIC??????????

I think pathetic sums up a group of people who in so many words, or in the case of one person it is verbatim, in referencing a group of high school football players as THUGS. Seems you were not too offended with that were you borderboy?

Pathetic also seems to be an apt definition for those who praise the lineage of Tre Newton then run for cover when his father and his history of criminality is brought up. You can't take the lineage without the criminality, maybe those who praised his linage would have been wiser to leave hom out

Lastly the response was to a CSI show in Southlake being not needed, my comment stands if people like Nate Newton live there (I would guess since his son attends SLC he should live there) then CSI Southlake would have two years of episodes ready and available

The last crime stats that I saw were for 2003. That year Southlake had 10 violent crimes for the entire year.

Miami-Dade county has 100 violent crimes each day

how many people live in southlake?
how many people live in miami dade?

Great.

Now I can't help picturing CSI Bengals.

What have you found?

Well, all we know so far is that it's a guy about 180-185 with 4.4 speed.

Bordertown: The violent crime rate in Southlake is 40. The comparable rate for Miami is 1,580. These stats are rates which adjust for population. The comparable violent crime rate for Concord, CA is 406. These rates are for 2005.

(Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics)

Bordertown: The violent crime rate in Southlake is 40. The comparable rate for Miami is 1,580. These stats are rates which adjust for population. The comparable violent crime rate for Concord, CA is 406. These rates are for 2005.

(Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics)

this poor guy has a ranking for everything

i bet 75 of the top 100 cities are in texas

just like the flawed high school strength of schedule rankings

lmao

The SLC vs. MNW game will be a game between opposite communities. Here are some national household income figures. These numbers are a few years old.

I believe Miami's comparable numbers are around $40,000 or less.

Highest-income places with a population of at least 10,000

Rank....Place...........Median Household Income
1 Hillsborough, California $193,157
2 Scarsdale, New York $182,792
3 Winnetka, Illinois $167,458
4 Paradise Valley, Arizona $150,228
5 Darien, Connecticut $146,755
6 Weston, Connecticut $146,697
7 New Canaan, Connecticut $141,788
8 Bel Air, California $141,527
9 Wilton, Connecticut $141,428
10 Town and Country, Missouri $139,967
11 Saratoga, California $139,895
12 Alamo, California $137,105
13 Coto de Caza, California $136,726
14 Lake Forest, Illinois $136,462
15 Wolf Trap, Virginia $135,782
16 Piedmont, California $134,270
17 Franklin Lakes, New Jersey $132,373
18 Southlake, Texas $131,549
19 Millburn, New Jersey $130,848
20 West University Place, Texas $130,721
21 Burr Ridge, Illinois $129,507
22 Potomac, Maryland $128,936
23 Los Altos, California $126,740
24 Palos Verdes Estates, California $123,534
25 McLean, Virginia $121,138

The SLC vs. MNW game will be a game between opposite communities. Here are some national household income figures. These numbers are a few years old.

Highest-income places with a population of at least 10,000

Rank....Place...........Median Household Income
1 Hillsborough, California $193,157
2 Scarsdale, New York $182,792
3 Winnetka, Illinois $167,458
4 Paradise Valley, Arizona $150,228
5 Darien, Connecticut $146,755
6 Weston, Connecticut $146,697
7 New Canaan, Connecticut $141,788
8 Bel Air, California $141,527
9 Wilton, Connecticut $141,428
10 Town and Country, Missouri $139,967
11 Saratoga, California $139,895
12 Alamo, California $137,105
13 Coto de Caza, California $136,726
14 Lake Forest, Illinois $136,462
15 Wolf Trap, Virginia $135,782
16 Piedmont, California $134,270
17 Franklin Lakes, New Jersey $132,373
18 Southlake, Texas $131,549
19 Millburn, New Jersey $130,848
20 West University Place, Texas $130,721
21 Burr Ridge, Illinois $129,507
22 Potomac, Maryland $128,936
23 Los Altos, California $126,740
24 Palos Verdes Estates, California $123,534
25 McLean, Virginia $121,138

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so far we got football teams, crime and income

still waiting on weather, tourism, government and what else??

gimme a break

Pathetic also seems to be an apt definition for those who praise the lineage of Tre Newton then run for cover when his father and his history of criminality is brought up. You can't take the lineage without the criminality, maybe those who praised his linage would have been wiser to leave hom out

Who has praised the lineage. All I have seen is one person who continues to attack young high school men for a mistake of a family member. You do understand this is a public forum and a young man may stumble upon your rantings. Think before you attack a 16 or 17 year old kid by name for his lineage.

In looking at this thread no one brought up the Newton family prior to your sick attack on the family.

It is one thing to attack SLCDad or the SLC program. But to attack individual players is crossing the line, especially when you live 1700 miles away and do not know the person you are potentially hurting. I thought California believed folks who commit crimes could be rehabilitated. Ever thought that could be the case here. And maybe it was a father looking at a son, that made him change his ways.

I have a mental image of you and it is a parody of "Silence of the Lambs". There you sit in the middle of a room with a naked light bulb hanging from the ceiling strapped to a chair in a straight jacket with a mask. Except in the parody the character you play is not intelligent, but muzzled to control the verbal flow of stupidity. During the entire time Napoleon The 14th one hit is played repeatedly in the background.

Who has praised the lineage. All I have seen is one person who continues to attack young high school men for a mistake of a family member. You do understand this is a public forum and a young man may stumble upon your rantings. Think before you attack a 16 or 17 year old kid by name for his lineage.

In looking at this thread no one brought up the Newton family prior to your sick attack on the family.

It is one thing to attack SLCDad or the SLC program. But to attack individual players is crossing the line, especially when you live 1700 miles away and do not know the person you are potentially hurting. I thought California believed folks who commit crimes could be rehabilitated. Ever thought that could be the case here. And maybe it was a father looking at a son, that made him change his ways.

I have a mental image of you and it is a parody of "Silence of the Lambs". There you sit in the middle of a room with a naked light bulb hanging from the ceiling strapped to a chair in a straight jacket with a mask. Except in the parody the character you play is not intelligent, but muzzled to control the verbal flow of stupidity. During the entire time Napoleon The 14th one hit is played repeatedly in the background.

Did I use the term thug?

Did I insinuate by all means necessary but was too chicken to call them thugs as many have done here?

Have you jumped on your fellow redneck for calling high school players thugs?

Your problem is you attack me for anything and everything but are completely blind to everyone else. (I am flattered - NOT!)

Go jump on your fellow rednecks for calling other teams thugs.

Go jump on others for saying in every way they could MNW is a team of juvenile hoodlums.

HYPOCRITE.

ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE

All I have seen is one person who continues to attack young high school men for a mistake of a family member

you are wrong

I have not CONTINUOUSLY attacked high school men

I have pointed out Nate Newton's criminal record

show me in the last 4 months one thread where I have attacked Tre Newton (a 2007 post)

Nate Newton doesnt count

you are wrong

I have at most used Tre Newton as the victim of my post maybe 1-2 times, I would be shocked if you could find 3

meanwhile SLC Dad has called about 20 people here jerks

so he hasnt done it in a while since I started calling him on it

do you say he CONTINUOUSLY calls people jerks?

What the heck does a high school football game have to do with crime rates and imcome. OH wait this is another thing you are using to tell us why southlake is going to win right.:clap: :clap: :clap: bravo bravo.:thumb:

During the entire time Napoleon The 14th one hit is played repeatedly in the background.

what planet is that sentence from?

Google "Napoleon The 14th". I am not going to spoon feed you.

Please re-read this thread. Your same sick view of life was displayed in speaking of a young man's family. Start specifically at post #6. After you see where you attacked the young man, skip to post #29 and see how the "sheriff" before he was moderator responded to you. If you reread the entire post, you will see why I consider you mental unbalanced (not speaking for others - but will entertain an AMEN from the choir). It is from 2006, but I did not know your button was reset each January 1st.
http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127153&highlight=tre+newton

How is calling someone a "redneck" any different than calling someone a "jerk". And you call me a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Google "Napoleon The 14th". I am not going to spoon feed you.

Please re-read this thread. Your same sick view of life was displayed in speaking of a young man's family. Start specifically at post #6. After you see where you attacked the young man, skip to post #29 and see how the "sheriff" before he was moderator responded to you. If you reread the entire post, you will see why I consider you mental unbalanced (not speaking for others - but will entertain an AMEN from the choir). It is from 2006, but I did not know your button was reset each January 1st.
http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127153&highlight=tre+newton

How is calling someone a "redneck" any different than calling someone a "jerk". And you call me a hypocrite.

and am still waiting for your response on why you IGNORE blatant things from fellow rednecks on calling people thugs

just like Dad you will act like you never see that question and continue to harp on something from 6 months ago

HYPOCRITE